Chapter 63: Hippie Chics Go To The Grammy's

Okay, here we go. It's action, action, and action for a few chapters as we reach the climax of Tantric. Can you believe it? It went by so fast.

The song for this chapter is Living On A Prayer. Everybody has pretty much figured out by now that Skid Marcs is based on Bon Jovi, right? 

Oh, if you want to imagine what I think the final Soundcrush cut of December Dawn is like...I imagine its something uplifting like Coldplay's Hymn For The Weekend

And Dev and Mac's song The Siege? Well there's nothing like The Siege that I can think of. I guess imagine a Major Lazer type beat with  a rapper (Dev) who has the lyricism of Ed Sheeran and the badassery of Yungblood. With Mac featuring (who has a diversity that ranges betweenGwen Stefani/Halsey/Carrie Underwood) 

Ashlynn

As the limo pulls up to the non-press entrance of the Staples Center, I scan distractedly, wondering who the hell I'm supposed to be looking for. I'm half expecting some anonymous PA of Marianne del Marco's to be holding up a sign for me, but to my surprise, I see Kat and Riley. Kat looks like a rock star herself in her two piece Valentino dress...a slim black skirt slit to the thigh and a white crop top with shoulder cutouts. Her hair is intricately curled, her makeup is dramatic and her poise is perfection. Riley looks dashing and cocksure in his tux and his spiky hairdo.

Even through my haze of confusion, I feel happy at the sight of them. They look wonderful. I have missed them so much.

I step out tentatively in the heels I'm unsure of, and stumble slightly.

Riley is there at once, steadying me. "Alright, dearest?" He scans my face, lingering long as he looks me in the eyes.

"Fine, just nervous," I assure him.

After a slight narrowing of his eyes that lets me know exactly what he's suspecting, he smiles rather tightly. "No need, you are one of the beautiful people."

Kat is standing back from me.

"Hot damn and hell yeah," she says, her eyes wide,taking in my appearance.

My dress is completely opposite from hers. Hers is modern and edgy. Mine is traditional and delicate—a vintage strapless ivory gown with a fitted bodice and full skirt. A boldfloral design of black beads decorates bodice and trails the hem. My favorite part of the dress is the black lining on the interior of the skirt, that only shows when I walk.

It's my secret—like the blackness that tarnishes my soul.

My hair and makeup, I did myself in a hotel room, but I guess I still look okay, judging from Kat and Riley's expression. I walk forward carefully, and embrace my sister. "You look fantastic. And I've missed you so much."

She looks pained. "Then come home."

At the word home, an image of Leed flashes in my head, but I lie and say, "I thought I was home."

"Bullshit. You don't love Cam, anymore. You never loved him like you loved Leed. Just forgive Leed and come home, okay?"

I sigh. "He broke up with me, Kat. He gave me an ultimatum, I didn't do what he wanted, and he had Riley dump me in a press release. I've told you all this."

"I don't believe it. Or at least there is more to it than that. He's a mess. It's clearly not what he wants."

"It's the truth. Tell her," I backhand Riley lightly in the chest.