F O U R

July 1st

July 1st

"Gimme." Tay said tiredly, reaching for the water bottle in Laylani's hand.

"Here." She took the cap off and handed it to him, reminding him that it would hurt his sensitive teeth because of how cold it was.

"You finna let him drink off you?"

"I eat off him so what's he difference?"

"Might as well kiss." Moriah said in the background.

Tay sighed and grabbed Laylani's phone, hanging up on Ciara. She was taking up Laylani's attention and her stupid ass friends were in the back saying stupid ass shit.

"Tay stop."

"No." He said seriously, giving her the water bottle back.

"Bet you don't want no more apples. Brace face." She said squeezing his cheeks.

"Stop that hurts. I thought everything would be fine if I wore my retainer." He whined, feelings his bands tug at his gums as he spoke.

"Look at you now. Here." She gave him and Advil to shut up and a Benadryl to sleep because he was whining like he had a gunshot wound.

"You whining like you got shot in the chest or something."

"Gettin shot hurts but it ain't as bad as my gums throbbing. That's straight up pain, this is like somebody punching me in the mouth multiple all day for a week straight." He said honestly, putting his head on the pillow with exhaust.

"Where? I never seen a scar on you."

"My back. My stupid ass lucky I ain't end up in a wheel chair." He laughed and felt Laylani looking at him like he was crazy.

"Boy that is not funny."

"Yes it is. I ain't die or nothing so it's kind of funny. I was like 13 at the time so it's been 4 years."

"You was probably doing something you wasn't supposed to be doing anyways." She said knowingly.

"Nah I was just chillin in my neighborhood but you know niggas don't care who get shot as long as the nigga they was lookin for get it too."

"But you didn't do anything."

"That don't matter and it ain't like I'm a saint anyways."

"So you think it's karma? You couldn't have been that bad at 13. I doubt it. You didn't have it coming, just at the wrong place."