T W E N T Y T H R E E

Read 22 it was a double update

March 1st

"You can't see him Cali I meant what I said." Zion seethed, arguing with her 'friend' outside of the hospital room.

"Why? I gave you custody and you're doing the most. Just let me talk to him please?"

"No. No and I meant it. I don't even want to be your fucking friend at this point. He could've died and you wouldn't have cared." Zion said quietly, feeling her voice crack towards the end.

Xander listened to the conversation from the hospital bed, not moving because someone was laying on him so he couldn't.

He heard the sniffles and smiled knowing who it was.

"Jaylani." He said quietly, moving his hand from beneath his blanket to touch her head.

"Yes? Wait." She sat up in shock before bawling her eyes out into his shirt.

"Is he okay why are you crying?" Zion asked as she walked in the room.

"Yes titi he just scared me. He's up." She wiped her eyes and sat up as Xander frowned realizing where he was.

"What I do?" He asked lowly, looking at his aunt with an awkward smile on his face. Naomi walked in and before Xander could say hello his head flew back.

"Stupid! And you.. you dumbass bitch. On my soul I'd beat the fuck out of you if we wasn't in this hospital." She turned to Cali and her sister pulled her back, knowing she'd do it regardless of where they were if Cali said something dumb.

"Why everybody keep making me responsible for his decisions? I had Quan with him to keep him safe I just don't know what you want from me at this point." Cali cried, turning to Xander who looked away.

"I thought you said she couldn't come in. Why is she here?" He asked, completely distracted from the burning on his face after Naomi's serious slap.

"She be beating the hell out of y'all." Tay mumbled from the hospital chair.

"Xander.. I just wanted to check on you." Cali tried walking in but stopped when Naomi stood in front of her, almost daring her to say something.

"I don't wanna see you. You encourage me to make bad decisions and you just don't give a fuck." Xander turned his head and looked out of the window, not wanting to look at her.

"You're mad at me too huh? I just wanted you to be happy." She cried.

"You were supposed to be a parent. Clearly you don't know how to do that."

"Your daughter is pregnant by a drug dealer with nba dreams, are you really one to talk?" Cali asked, making Naomi, Zion, Laylani, and Tay look at her crazy. Nasir stayed quiet because if he said anything Aaron would want to fight him and he actually liked him.