T H I R T Y E I G H T

Mature content

August 24th

Raina's leg shook uncontrollably as she resisted the urge to smack the fuck shit out of Elena who continued pulling the neck of her shirt down at the table.

"Do it again girl I swear to god." She said through gritted teeth, jacking her shirt back up.

"Stop touching me!" She snapped, making Naomi and everyone else look up from their plate including Namiko.

"Ooo." Namiko said with her mouth wide, making the same noise her dad made when she did stuff she wasn't supposed to do.

"I will fuck you up Elena I don't know what yo daddy lettin you do in dirty ass Baltimore.. but you're not grown. Pull that damn shirt up before I send you flying across this room."

"I'm definitely grown! When you was 17 you-"

"You wanna make the same mistakes as me?"

"You're a hypocrite for condemning me for doing the same shit you did!"

"First all, cuss at me again your head going into that wall, second of all, I didn't have anyone to show me otherwise, my brother was a whore and my parents didn't care. I care and I've went out of my way to show you I care but you brush me off. You wanna fuck any and everybody that looks your way do it, but don't make it seem like I ain't teach you any better! It's your life and you're living it your way despite me trying to steer you in the right path." Raina explained in frustration, tears streaming down her face as she tried getting through to the girl.

She tried so hard, she tried and tried and tried but Elena just didn't care. Then Raina was left in an uncomfortable situation because people judged her and believed she was the reason for Elena's ways when all she did was try to make the girl a better person.

It's not like Raina went and bought her skimpy clothes, she left her money to shop on her own because when she bought Elena clothes the girl wouldn't wear them. When she tried going shopping with Elena the girl would disappear.

"Whatever. You're a hypocrite, you did the same th-"

Naomi wanted to interject but she hated when people got in the middle of her talking to her kids so she was going to be quiet.

There was an obvious lack of consideration on Elena's part and Raina desperately wanted to be understanding despite that. Naomi couldn't form an opinion on that because her kids weren't like that at all.

People thought Nasir and Naomi were bad parents because their kids cursed and had smart ass mouths but all of those people had kids who struggled in school, had speech delays, couldn't talk in front of others with confidence, and more. Not only that but they respected adults that respected their parents and them, they understood that respect was a mutual thing and they absolutely listened to adults in authority.