Travel Through Time Chapter 30

I open the letter and read it, I write on a piece of paper passing it to Jin-hyeok as I stand "I've been asked for tea, so I'll see you later" Jin-hyeok nods and reads what I wrote for him to send a message to the Prince and have some guards follow at a safe distance. "Will you be escorting me?" I ask the guard "yes my Lady" I see a small carrying box for me to travel in, and get in thankful it will take some time to reach our destination.  I check which way we are going and see the brothel come into view.  I shake me head a little as I get out of the box so the guards don't say anything.  I follow the man that fetched me, to a room that has been decorated brightly.   I watch as a woman walks in wearing the elaborate headdress of a gisaeng.  She looks me up and down and seeing my innocent look smiles "I'm sorry to ask you to visit me.  When I should go and welcome you but for some reason, we have been forced under house arrest.  I believe your keeper, sorry I mean master is the reason.  So, I plan to hold you here until he shows up" she smiles broadly and goes to touch my hair pin.  I twist her wrist and kick her knee and she, falls on the floor with a thud I then push her face into the floor.  "I have a husband unlike you.  I can also snap your neck as easily as a twig or stab you in the throat before you utter a word.  I've read all about you, you're not a nice person.  But you don't like doing the dirty work yourself so get others to do it for you.  Well I don't mind getting my hands bloody, I pull her chin back forcing her mouth shut as I cut her ear.  Do you understand me?"  she blinks and I loosen my hold just enough for her to nod.  I get up off her and walk a little away, the woman sits up and I watch as she puts her hand under her skirt, I throw my knife and it pins her hand down with the material from her skirt I reach and pull out my another knife.  "If I have to throw this one it will be at your head, she nods and watches me toss my knife in the air and catch it. I suddenly throw my knife and she scream's but stops when she hears a thud outside the door.  I reach behind me again and pullout another knife, I walk to the door open it pull out the knife stuck through the guards neck the same guard that bought me here.  I look over at the woman and see her fingers wrapped around the knife in the floor holding her other hand in place.  "Do you want to keep that hand?" I ask and she quickly takes her hand away and she sees the dead guard laying on the floor.  I wipe the bloody blade on her shoulder, I pull down the decoration she has hanging from the ceiling and use it to tie her up.  I then walk around her room searching, I see a scratch worn into the wall beside a hung tapestry and look for the lever or button.  I can't lift a vase so, I twist it and a small door opens.  I look inside and find gold bars and some books.  I take out the books and start to read.  The woman in front of my is an animal, she has passed on medicines to induce miscarriages and even killed new born babies for a price.  If she didn't like one of the new gisaeng she would maim them or disfigure them somehow.  The Prince comes bursting into the room.  "Are you alright?" he asks me, "this whore has done horrible things, and she wanted to do horrible things to me too" I say before I can say anything more.  He's thrown one of my knives  that I had put down beside me stabbing her in her chest.  "Un drag her out and beat her to death" the Prince yells.  She starts to shout and scream, "Un" I say she stops and looks pleadingly at me "please don't forget to retrieve my knife" he pulls it out and wipes it on her before leaving it on the table "thank you" the screaming starts again. "You didn't let me finish, she wanted to keep me here until you showed up.  I found this book and read some, its a list of her crimes.  She killed newborn babies!" I begin to cry and the Prince holds me "Sshh, she won't hurt anyone any more.  I dry my eyes and nod to the hiding place "I found more gold and these books.  I've only read through a little of the first one and I feel like skinning her.  Can we cut up the gold and give it to all the women she has harmed because they were young or better looking than her?" I ask he nods and keeps an arm wrapped around me, "lets get out of here."  We walk out and step over the dead man on the floor.  He bought me here, I could sense I was being watched and threw my knife it was one of my new ones that I haven't practised with yet.   I was meant to get him in the shoulder but after reading her book I'm not sorry he's dead" the Prince rubs my back, "you took years off my life, when I heard someone had taken you away" I rub his back and we smile at each other.  "Can we walk a little?" the Prince agrees and Un follows with their horses.  I yawn and that's the end of our walk, the Prince lifts me onto his horse then sits behind me and we trot back to the house. "Have you finished for the day?" "Yes, we were on our way back when I got your message.  I heard back from the King the left secretary and two other officials have been arrested.  He wants me to handle things here" I nod "he has other women in other towns all believing that they are his only family" I tell him.  "Guards will notify them of his actions and crimes" he helps me from the horse and Jin-hyeok runs out "thank the heaven's you're alright, I thought my head might come off."   I smile at him "no you can keep it for now" he laughs and grabs my hand.  "Glad you're alright" I squeeze his hand.  We walk into the main room and Un has Keon-hi in his arms she is fast asleep. "She's been crying so hard she tired herself out" Jin-hyeok tells us. "Did you not tell her that I can look out for myself" I ask "I did, but she said you'd only just recovered and you might not be fully fit to save yourself and that you looked tired" Jin-hyeok says.  Un walks out the room carrying Keon-hi "I don't think he likes me. He does know that Keon-hi and I are just friends?" My brother questions "it's because your so handsome and get on well with her" I tap him on the cheek.  He blushes "I like someone else" he tells me.  Then walks out the room, I go to follow him but the Prince keeps hold of my hand.  "Do you know who he likes?" he shakes his head.  "Come sit have some honey water, you look a little pale" I sit and sip some honey water.   I yawn again "bring in something to eat" he calls. Ri-na comes in and bows and places a tray in front of us, she bows and leaves the room.  I eat a little and then eat some more when I see the Prince frown at me, when we have finished, I wash up and change before getting on the bed.  The Prince looks at me then my clothes, I shrug out of my top and lay down on my side. The Prince gets in smiling after stripping down to just his pants and lay's down next to me.  My eyes are closing and so heavy that I just can't open them again, I feel the Prince kiss me "goodnight beautiful, sleep well" I hear just before sleep takes me. "Mummy be careful, at the garden door. Throw your knife now!"