ch.13

"He doesn't want to see me Ariana, I punched him in the face

"He doesn't want to see me Ariana, I punched him in the face." Calum groaned. "You sound like a girl. Just go and talk to him." Calum has gone three days without training, the most he'd gone since he started. Ariana has been pushing him to get off the couch for almost 30 minutes. "What if he hates me?" Calum said. Ariana crossed her arms over her chest as she stood in front of Calum.

"Get a grip Hood. It's not that serious, it was in the heat of the moment." Ariana said. Calum pulled her down to sit on his lap, resting his head on her chest. Over the weekend they'd gotten so comfortable with one another, you'd think they'd been together for longer than a week. Ariana wrapped her arms around Calum's neck and kissed his forehead before sighing along with him.

"He just made me so mad, and something just came over me. I don't know what it was, but i'd never been so angry. Or, I haven't been in a long time." Calum said. "It's okay baby, you're thinking to much into it." Calum smiled at how comfortable she was with calling him that. "You gonna talk to Meredith?" Calum looked up at her with a smile, and Ariana just groaned in annoyance. "I have no reason to talk to her, she's been the most up tight, mega bitch from hell."

"Oh come on baby, you're thinking to much into it." Calum teased. "Haha, very funny." Ariana said. "She's just being a protective friend. She had her speculations about me, being a bad guy." Calum said. "But you're not a bad guy just because you were in a gang a long time ago. You've changed, you're different now." Ariana said.

Calum still hadn't mustered up the courage to be honest with her about the two boys he'd killed, so he just remained silent. "Looks like we both have problems we have to face today." Calum said. Ariana whined as she buried her face in Calum's neck. "But I don't want to." She pouted. "I don't want to either princess, but we have to at some point."

Ariana smiled as she pulled away and pecked Calum's lips. "What was that for?" He asked. "I'm your princess now?" Ariana teased. "If you want to be." He said. "Oh my god, Calum Hood, are you asking me to be girlfriend?" Ariana said, dramatic as ever. "I regret this indefinitely." He said. He pushed her off playfully, only for Ariana to just pull him back down to the couch. "I'm sorry, I ruined a good moment." She said.

"Yeah, you did. But, will you, be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, on one condition." Ariana said. "So, I know it's short notice but it's my 20th birthday on Wednesday, and my parents are throwing me this stupid dinner party, and I was wondering if you'd come?" Ariana asked.

"A party? Like with other kids your age?"

"No, well, just Meredith and a few of my other girlfriends from school. But it's more of my father's business partners, art brokers he insist I meet, professors my mom is close with, it's not like a party party. More like an event that my dad wants me to go to in order to "make connections" and "get a leg up" in the world." Ariana said.

"Is that what you want? To make connections with these people?" Calum asked, his hand lightly rubbing up and down her arm for comfort. "No, not really. I mean, I love art and I wanna go to New York and intern at The Met and do it how my dad wants me to, but I wanna travel first. Go see the art museums in London and Paris, maybe fall in love with someone first." She looked up at Calum, who didn't know what to say, and just ended up pulling away.