Chapter Eight

TRIS' P.O.V.

Wendy and I may had disliked each other at that point in time, but there was one thing that we could both agree on, and that was the fact that these two girls who had jumped on us were a bit on the crazy side. I mean, the one with red hair claimed that she and her sister were aliens. At first, I assumed that they were only joking with us and nothing more, but when I questioned them about it, they claimed that they were being serious.

"You really believe that Wendow and I are making a joke out of who we really are," Triso said as she lifted herself off of me and climbed back to her feet.

"Do not tell me that your species has evolved," Wendow stated sadly. "Triso and I had spent the last decade learning about humans. In fact, we just finished the section of wireless phones controlling the humans." A person who walked past us was on his phone, and she noticed. "Too late."

Wendow and Triso - such weird names - grabbed our hands and helped me and Wendy up. Then the weirdest thing occurred. Do not worry. There will be more bizarre occurrences, but you see, Wendy and I had small patches of dirt on the backs of our shirts and pants. We found out about this through Wendow and Triso, and they insisted they would make the dirt vanish. So we thought that they would dust us off.

But no. What they did instead was disgusting. I hope that you readers are not eating. Do not say that I did not warn you.

The two girls went behind us, and we felt wet objects pressing against our clothes. It was...unnerving, and I do not know about Wendy, but I felt extremely uncomfortable.

Wendy shivered. "What are you two doing back there?" she asked.

"Licking you," Triso replied.

My eyes bulged, and I giggled nervously. "What do you mean...that you are licking us?" I said.

"We are licking the dirt off you," Wendow explained.

"Um...why?"

"It is what we do on our planet. Instead of dusting you off like a human would, our people lick. Plus, my sister and I love the taste of dirt."

"Ah!" Not wanting my clothes to be licked more than they already had, I spun around and pushed Triso. Wendy did the same with Wendow, and we dashed onto the porch. We pressed our backs against the wall and were catching our breaths, keeping our eyes on the crazy and disgusting girls.

I turned my head to the inside.

There was a narrow hallway, and most of it was pitched black. The only light illuminating was coming from a single lightbulb that hung on the ceiling. The lightbulb swayed back and forth.

I turned back to Wendy. "Should we go in? Should we go in the house that Kara used to live in?"

"Yes. Absolutely," she responded without hesitation. "Any excuse to get away from those girls."

She pointed to the spot where Wendow and Triso had stood, and I gasped.

They were no longer there.

Wendy followed my gaze and realized it too. She looked all around. "Where...where did they go?"

"Let us go in the house before we find out," I suggested.

"Why do you want to leave us?"

We were startled and looked in the direction where the unknown voice came from. Or should we say, familiar voice.

To the right side of us, there was a yellow swing that was swaying back and forth, however, it was not because of the wind.

It was because of the two people who were sitting on top of the swing, and unfortunately for us, they were Wendow and Triso. The "aliens."

They had their hands on the chains that were connected to the roof of the porch, their thumbs and fingers wrapped around them, and they pushed with their feet. They seemed tired. And bored.

Wendow had curly, red hair that reached the back of her legs, and Triso had straight, black hair that also reached the back of her legs. They sure needed haircuts real badly.

Wendow wore a green jumpsuit that matched Wendy's shirt, and Triso wore a dark colored jumpsuit that matched my shirt as well.

That was...not a coincidence.

They also were wearing shoes. Wendow had on white shoes, while Triso had on black shoes.

Wendow leaped off the swing and let out a burp. Not just any burp. A long, disgusting burp, and it smelled so horrific that Wendy and I had to pinch our noses. I glared at her, waiting for her to pardon herself, but she never did. Of course, I found that disrespectful.

"Wendow? Are you going to say it or what?" I said.

"Hmm?" She squatted down and scratched the side of her head. But not with her fingers. With her foot. Like a dog would. "What do you want me to say?"

"You need to say excuse me," Wendy told her. "You always say that right after you burp."

She seemed confused. Or maybe she was just pretending so that she could get away with not saying it. "Why?"

"It is called manners."

"Manners?" Triso repeated the word. "Oh, Wendow and I are familiar with manners. We say excuse me when we yawn though. Not when we burp."

I was a bit surprised at that, however, still did not believe that they were aliens, and neither did Wendy. They were either pranking us, trying to get us to believe that they were aliens from another planet, or mentally unstable in a way. Like that they were not right in the head.

But no sooner did something convince us otherwise.

"Ooh! A spider!" Triso exclaimed.

Then two long, green tongues slithered out of their mouths. Using their tongues, they caught the spider, ripped it apart, and then chewed.

Oh, man! How disgusting!