Chapter Twenty-Two

TRIS' P.O.V.

You would not believe how long it took me and Wendy to convince our principal to not press charges on Wendow and Triso. We explained to him the event, what led up to it, and that it was only an accident.

After listening to our side of the story, the principal, massaging the bridge of his nose, said, "Fine. I will not press any charges. Just promise that they will never return here. They have caused more damage to this school than the taxpayers."

We promised him, and he continued on that we would be excused from our classes until we came back from escorting our "friends" home.

"Just get them out of here. I do not even want to see their faces."

We said our goodbyes, exited from his office, and made our way back to the gym.

The aliens were still there and right then were arguing with the coach. The coach did not seem happy, and neither did the students, who were taking a break.

"They need to change after the game. I am absolutely positive that none of the teachers or their classmates want a whiff of their sweaty clothes," the coach explained, whose face was as red as a tomato.

"They should not have to change if they do not please to," Wendow argued. "That is force."

"Besides, how can you be positive that nobody wants to smell the clothes that they have on now?" Triso added. "Have you even asked them?"

"I do not need to ask them. I know."

Triso clenched her hands into fists. "You know what is wrong in this world today? Forced change. Forced diversity. Forced...everything!"

Wendow crossed her arms over her chest and shook her head slowly. "No wonder your species is going down the tube."

The coach's anger had finally reached a peak. "Listen here—"

I cut him off as Wendy and I dashed to the aliens and dragged them out of the gym.

"They humbly apologize. Please do not kill them."

"You heard our friend Tris!" Wendow declared.

"On our planet, apologizing is fighting you to your death!" Triso proclaimed.

We quickly dragged them outside and far away from the school building.

"Is school over?" Triso asked.

I gritted my teeth. I was so angry at them both and bet that Wendy felt the same way.

"If we did something wrong, then we will feel ashamed," Wendow said. "Then again, it is so easy to upset you humans. You guys are always offended over every little thing."

"Tris and I are not like that. At least, not me," Wendy commented. "So you should be grateful."

Triso smiled at her. "Oh, but we are." She glanced at me. "Very grateful."

Then the sisters exclaimed in ear-piercing unison...

"You are our friends! Besties forever!"

Man. I had to cover my mouth to keep from gagging when they said that.

We were only inches away from the school, when a girl called to us.

"Wait! Do not go just yet. Please!"

The girl jogged past us and blocked our way.

"Thank goodness. I thought that I would never catch up to you."

As soon as I saw her face, my stomach churned in disgust.

This girl was none other than Sabrina Bloom. Her skin was a mix of dark and light, and her hair was short and black. She was wearing her usual blue, short-sleeved shirt, black skirt, and black boots.

The reason why Wendy and I were sad to see her was not what you might be thinking of.

Yes, Sabrina is one of the most popular girls at school. Yes, she is full of herself. Yes, her family owns a mansion. Yes, she gets whatever she wants.

But unlike Heather and Mackenzie, Sabrina was a decent person. She was annoying and bragged about the new stuff that she got, but despite that, her heart was in the right place. She did help other students and never bullied.

If only she was not so annoying to talk to...

"Wendy. Tris. I have exciting news," Sabrina said. "I am hosting a party this weekend at my family's mansion, and you are invited!" She handed me and Wendy an invitation. "Saturday night. Seven o'clock. On the dot."

"Well, this is the first time that I got invited to a popular girl's party," Wendy commented.

"I believe that everyone who has a good heart should be invited, Wendy. It would be unfair if I did not."

"Ooh! Our hearts are working," Wendow said, getting Sabrina's attention.

"Can we be invited?" Triso begged. "We have never been to one of these...parties."

Sabrina had a questioning look on her face as she stared at the sisters. "Um...who are you?"

"They are Wendow and Triso," I quickly responded before the aliens could.

"Are you and Wendy friends with them?"

"Friends, you say?" Wendy said. "Well, that is a debate."

"If they are your friends, I will definitely invite them to my party."

At that moment, Wendow and Triso got down on their knees and pleaded for me and Wendy to allow them to attend the party.

Gosh. It was as if we were their parents and they were the young children!

Wendy and I stared at each other, unsure of what to do.

Honestly, I felt uncomfortable if they went with us to the party. Like what they did at our school, they would cause mayhem and might even ruin the atmosphere of the party. Plus, they would embarrass me and Wendy.

I made up my mind. They were uninvited.

Just as I was going to tell them no, another crazy thing occurred.

My goodness. So much craziness in this book!

A shadow loomed over me, Wendy, the sisters, and Sabrina. The wind kicked up, and Sabrina had to hold on tight to her invitations.

When the wind stopped, Sabrina pointed up.

"What is that?" she asked.

"Oh, that?" Wendow replied. "Why, it is an alien spaceship."