Chapter Twenty-Seven

WENDY'S P.O.V.

The weekend came faster and sooner than I thought, which meant that Sabrina's big party was upon us.

It was Saturday night. Tris and I were at my house and preparing to leave. Knowing Sabrina and her wild parties, we both knew that it was formal. Unfortunately, neither of us owned any fancy dresses. Most dresses, if not all, are expensive, and we particularly do mind wearing dresses.

We wore our regular clothes. So did Triso and Wendow. Speaking of them, Tris and I were waiting, waiting impatiently, for them by the front door. We were wondering what was taking the aliens so long.

"Wendow! Triso!" Tris called out to them for the fifth time. "Come on! You do not want us to be late, do you?"

There was silence. Finally, Wendow answered.

"What does the word 'late' mean?"

"Let us say that it is not a good thing to do," I said. "What is taking you and your sister so long anyway? I know that you two cannot be doing your makeup because Tris and I have not taught you to do that yet."

"Ooh," we heard Triso from upstairs. "What is makeup? It sounds dangerous."

"It can be dangerous and deadly if you eat it or apply it to places where it does not go."

"Oh," Wendow said. "So this red stick that you humans call a lipstick is not used on your bottom?"

I did not have any red lipstick. But Tris did.

"There goes my precious lipstick."

Four minutes later, the alien girls rushed down the stairs. Like us, they had on their regular clothing. And their faces...oh my gosh. I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing.

The aliens looked so much like clown twins now. They had red smudges from Tris' lipstick all over their cheeks and blue eyeliner on their lips.

"My gosh," Tris groaned. At the same time though, she was snickering. She thought that the sight was funny too.

"Did...did you guys use...some of the makeup?" I questioned as I tried forcing my laughs to die down.

"Makeup? That is what we used?" Triso said, her eyes wandering around. "We thought that those were things that you use for ASMR."

Tris raised an eyebrow. "ASMR? Is that some sort of alien code?"

Wendow became confused. "No. It is something that you humans invented. It stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response."

"Okay..." I said. "...I have no clue what that means."

Triso glanced at her sister. "And they say that we are the aliens."

We left my house and soon arrived to Sabrina's mansion. Upon arrival, the first thing that we noticed was the Ferris wheel that was behind the mansion. It was not operating, and the aliens' eyes glistened with delight.

"Wow!" they exclaimed in unison. "What is that amazing piece of human technology?"

"It is a Ferris wheel," I stated. "They are fun to go on. That is, unless you have a fear of heights...like me."

"Hold on," Tris said. "Wendy, you are afraid of heights?"

I felt that my throat was tightening, probably because of the fear that I was experiencing, and gulped. "I went through something very traumatic with heights."

"Oh my goodness. You might not believe this, but I share the same fear. And...I went through an event that I seemingly can never wipe out of my mind."

"Really?"

"Yes. In fact—"

She was cut off by the noises of the hinges on the mansion door. The door was opening.

Sabrina stepped into the doorway. As I figured, she was wearing a fancy dress, black and white. When she saw that it was us, she smiled.

"Wendy. Wendow. Tris. Triso. You came! And right at seven o'clock. I have to say that I am impressed." She examined me and Tris and eyed us suspiciously. "Wendy. Tris. Why are you not wearing any formal clothes?"

"Well, unlike you, Sabrina, we cannot afford those kinds of clothes," Tris spat. "Besides, dresses bother us."

"Ah. I see. Well, you are lucky that your best friends Wendow and Triso are the Guests of Honor. They repeated over and over that they would not attend my party unless you two were there. I cannot break a promise."

"Lucky us," I said sarcastically.

"You can go around back. I will meet you there."

Sabrina shut the door, and Wendow and Triso grabbed our wrists.

"Come on!" they proclaimed in unison. "We need to know what human things are back there!"

Having no other choice, Tris and I allowed the sisters to drag us to the backyard.

And...it was like an amusement park. Heck, it was an amusement park! There were just no roller coasters, which was fine by me.

Besides the Ferris wheel, there were game booths, food stands, and anything else that would be considered fun.

"Are we in the heavens?" Triso asked as she and her sister let go of our wrists.

"What are the heavens anyway?" Wendow added.

"We are nowhere in the heavens," Tris told them. "Now, why do we not have some fun?"

"As human beings," I added.

We took a tour of the place and tried making up our minds what fun we should do first. We overheard low growling, and Wendow rubbed her belly.

"Gosh. I must be starving."

"Now that you mention it, sis, so am I," Triso confessed. "We should really get some food to eat."

"Agreed. Hmm. How about some spi— I mean..." She squinted at a sign that read "Corn Dogs." "...dogs that have been cooked to be corn?"

"Yum!" Triso rubbed her hands together. "That sounds mighty tasty. But..."

"But what?"

"...it does not sound like a food that a human would eat."

"Do not blame me. Blame the sign." She pointed at the sign.

Tris and I giggled softly. Admittedly, the aliens were funny at times.

Unfortunately, the fun and laughs did not last. I wished that they did.