Chapter Ten

TRIS' P.O.V.

In case that you did not guess, Wendy and I were convinced enough that they were aliens. What? You did not think that we would come to terms to it by now? From what I have heard about aliens, let me tell you that it is hard to separate the differences between them and humans. Humans sometimes are mentally unstable. Most aliens, if not all, do not act like a human being would. So how were we supposed to know ahead of time that they were true aliens?

Their long, slimy tongues are what convinced us. I had observed their tongues as they were catching the spider. No human on this planet ever had a green tongue that seemed...alien-like. None. Trust me on that. I had done plenty of research about each and every country's history, and not a living soul was recorded to have a green tongue.

Now, do not go out and brag that you had a green tongue at one time. It will be painfully obvious that you were sucking on a green lollipop, and the green stuff stuck on the top of your tongue for a bit. I do not mean that. I am referring to those alien tongues that you see in movies.

Also, who would want to eat a spider? Especially a poisonous one? Any takers?

"Okay, okay," Wendy said, taking a step forward. "Tris and I know that you are serious now. The two of you are aliens."

The aliens' eyes twinkled, and they climbed back to their feet.

"You do?" Wendow asked.

I nodded. "Who else would have those long, disguising tongues?"

They squealed and jumped up and down with joy. Then they faced each other, slapped each other's faces, and stumbled back. They laughed as they covered their human stomachs with their hands.

I was about to question them as to why they had just slapped each other. I mean, it had to hurt. But Triso explained something to me.

"Now that you know that we are aliens, we can tell you everything about us." She straightened out her fingers and used them to count the number of things that she needed to inform us about their species. "We come from the planet Xeglona, and our last name is Xeglo. We are supposed to keep that last name until we are forced into marriage. Everybody on Xeglo has to be married at ten. No exceptions."

"I am going to stop you there for a minute," I cut in. "You are saying that at the age of ten, you have to get married?"

"Yep," Wendow confirmed. "And they are always arranged."

"That is just terrible," Wendy commented. "And how old are you two?"

Triso was brushing her fingers through her hair. "We are unfortunately ten years old. That is one of the main reasons why we left our home."

Wendow rubbed her arm. "We have a ton of explaining to do. But do not fret. We will answer all your questions as best as we can."

Wendy and I had been so focused on the aliens that we completely forgot why we were there in the first place. We had gone to collect the things that Kara wished for us to have and share.

We heard clicking sounds from inside the house, and they were getting louder and louder, coming closer and closer to us.

Wendy and I took a good look down the hall and spotted a figure walking towards us. It was Cara. Her heels were behind the noises.

We jumped a little and turned our attentions back to the aliens. We did not need Cara to know that they were on the porch. Without informing them why we did what we did, we pushed the aliens off the porch. I shoved Triso, and Wendy shoved Wendow.

Wendow and Triso surprisingly did not let out cries of terror and fell back and onto the ground. I guess that they were too stunned that we had pushed them without any warnings. But we had to protect them.

Okay. Honestly, I had no clue as to why we suddenly had this desire to protect them both. They were definitely aliens, but we hardly knew them. They seemed nice...but was it just a trap to enslave the human race?

All aliens want to take over our world...right?

Then I remembered what they said to us. That they wished to act more like humans than aliens. Was that a trick as well?

Cara stepped onto the porch and looked at us with concern. "Girls?" she said softly. "Why are you not in the house with us? Lila and I thought that you were right behind us, but when we took a look behind us, you were not there." She strolled up to us. "Is everything okay?"

Wendy and I glanced at each other, seeing if either of us had an answer for that.

"Look, I know that you are still grieving for your best friend Kara," Cara continued. "You do not feel right in stepping inside that house. The house where she...um...died. But I promise that it will get the thing that you two so desperately need right now. Closure." She motioned for us to come on in. "You will not be alone. Lila and I are here too."

The three of us were about to enter the house, when Lila came storming out and grunting. She was holding a large, brown box in her hands and carefully set her down. She pressed her hands on top of the box, leaning over it and catching her breath.

"Man...that was...heavy," Lila stated in between breaths.

"Is that all the stuff that the girls are supposed to take?" Cara asked her.

"Yes. I gathered all of it and brought it out here so the girls would not have to go in that house."

"But what about them having closure?"

"What closure? Kara is in there."