Chapter Twenty-Nine

WENDY'S P.O.V.

Wendow and Triso raised their handless arms - and Tris and I screamed bloody murder.

"Ah!"

"Ah!"

"Ah!"

"Ah!"

"Hahaha!"

Tris and I forced our loud cries to die down. We were wondering the same thing. Why were our alien friends laughing? Is cutting off parts of their bodies considered a joke on their planet?

Whoa. Did I just refer to them as our friends? It must be because of character development.

"Why are you laughing?" Tris demanded. "Your hands just got chopped off with no mercy! You guys should be shrieking in pain and shouting for help!"

"My sister and I need help?" Triso questioned. "Why in the world would we need any kind of help? What does the word 'help' mean anyway?"

"If you two are concerned about us, do not be," Wendow reassured us. "We are not hurt at all. You would not believe how many body parts have detached from us."

I blinked once. Twice. "You mean that...this is not the first time that you two have lost your hands?"

Wendow smiled. "You got that right, Wendy. We have lost our feet, legs...all body parts!"

"So...you have prosthetic parts to replace the ones that you lost," Tris guessed. "Including your hands."

Triso's face scrunched up. "Pro...what? Also, they are made of flesh, but yes, they are replacements. We have the ability to regenerate."

I played back in my brain what she said. "Oh...oh. Like a starfish or a lizard?"

"What the crub are those? A starfish and a lizard?"

Wendow rubbed her chin with her thumb and fingers. "I believe, dear sister, that a starfish is pink and acts dumb. He lives under a rock and is friends with a sponge."

Her sister raised a finger to her own lips. "Shh! Are you asking us to get sued?"

"Relax, sis. It is just a harmless reference."

"Yeah, but..." She lowered her finger. "...you know how the real worlders can be. Selfish and greedy."

"We should not be scared of them anymore. We may be fictional characters, but the Lubriem is our side."

"Huh? Lubriem?" Tris repeated the strange word.

Our friends shut their eyes, clenched their teeth, and moaned. Tris and I watched in amazement as their hands regenerated. I have to admit that it was the coolest thing that they had done so far.

"There we go," Wendow said as she and Triso tested out their new hands. "Now, about our old hands..."

Right as she said that, the detached hands that had been lying on the floor suddenly moved. They got up and scurried around.

"Ah!" Tris and I screamed again.

"Calm down," Triso said in a calm tone. "This always happens. Our body parts start having minds of their own."

The hands crawled over my and Tris' shoes and down the stairs that were in the same room.

"The staircase must lead to the basement," I said.

"You must chase after our hands and capture them, Wendy and Tris," Wendow informed us.

Tris was outraged by this. "What? Why?!"

"Duh. We need to finish cutting the carrots. As the Guests of Honor, it is our sole duty."

"But they are your hands. Therefore, they are your issue!"

"Yeah. And you always keep cleaning up our messes," Triso defended her and her sister.

I crossed my arms. "Well, yeah. That way, you do not give yourselves away."

"Who says that we are giving ourselves away? We are not slaves. We are hu— I mean, beings with emotions. Plus, there is not a red bow on either of our heads."

More stuff was said before Tris and I gave up and headed down to the basement.

We were only on the second step when the basement door behind us closed.

What sounded like a lock that had clicked sent us in a panic. I went up to the door and banged my fists on it. All the while, Tris was feeling for a light switch, for we were now in darkness.

The lights came on, driving away the darkness, and Tris joined me.

"Wendow. Triso," I said their names. "Did you shut the door behind us and lock it?"

"Uh, yes," Wendow responded dryly.

"Please do not be angry at us," Triso also answered dryly. "We cannot tell you why, but there is a very good reason for us doing it."

"We do not care!" Tris yelled at the top of her lungs. "Let us out!"

The aliens only replied, "Nope." That was the last time that we heard of them...

...until five minutes later.

Tris and I ran down the steps, careful to not trip, and up to a couple of windows to see what was taking place. We did not have a good view, however, we overheard the conversation.

Wendow and Triso were angry, and I am not exaggerating about that. They and a few of Sabrina's other guests were discussing about gays, lesbians, bisexuals, pansexuals, and transgenders. If you are one of these five, you should skip this. Our writer is a true Christian if that easily offends you.

"Sorry. No, wait. We are not sorry at all," Triso stated. "My sister and I do not support any of those choices at all."

"So...you hate those groups?" one of the guests assumed.

"Goodness, no," Wendow said. "We know that those are sins. They are wrong, and the real world is trying to make them right."

"That is because they are right."

Triso raised her voice. "That is what you believe! It does not change the fact that they are wrong!"

"Do not waste your breath, sis," Wendow ordered her sister. "We cannot change their minds. And why would we want to? The Lubriem never cared about the real worlders. They meant nothing to her because she never meant anything to them."

"You are right, sis. Thank you for stopping me. So...what should we do about the spaceship that is hovering over the backyard?"