Chapter Twenty

TRIS' P.O.V.

It should not take you by surprise where Wendow, Triso, Wendy, and I ended up in soon after. The four of us were in the principal's office, and the principal was not happy.

The girls and I were sitting in wooden chairs, and I fiddled with my thumbs as the principal paced back and forth in front of his desk.

"So..." he began. "...can anyone explain to me what happened at these school grounds this morning?"

Wendow and Triso looked at me and Wendy, as if they wanted us to answer for them. And I bet that is what they were thinking.

Wendy and I had no problem explaining to him what really happened. After all, the aliens were the ones who did it, not me and Wendy. We did not know that they were going to do something dangerous like that!

Admittedly, we shrugged our shoulders, indicating that we had no idea as to what our alien buddies did. Yes, we did know, but...we were in total dismay. We thought that what they did could not have actually happened.

I mean, if your best friend told you that a student strapped a firework rocket to a cart and sent two other students on it, that best friend of yours might not be your best friend anymore. Or your friend for that matter.

The principal's eyes darted from Wendy to me, and he frowned. "Who is responsible?"

At the same time, Wendy and I pointed fingers at Wendow and Triso. We at least wanted to make it obvious to him that us humans were innocent.

Wendow and Triso did not have their eyes on the principal. Their heads were lowered, and their hands were resting in their laps.

"Wendy. Tris. Who are these girls?" the principal asked. "I have never seen them before at this school."

"Their names are Wendow and Triso," Wendy said. "They are from...out of town."

"Ah. So they must be transfers."

"No," I denied his theory. "They overheard me talking about me and Wendy going to school today and wanted to come along."

"Oh. I see. And do either of you girls know why they would do such a dangerous thing? Like strapping a firework rocket to one of the school's carts and forcing Heather and Mackenzie on it? Thank goodness that they will be alright."

I shook my head. "You would have to ask them."

"Okay, Tris." He leaned forward, bringing his face close to Wendow's and Triso's. "Wendow. Triso. Why did you do what you did? Somebody could have gotten hurt. Maybe killed."

Both of the aliens let out heavy sighs and raised their heads to look up at the principal.

"We are sorry."

"Sorry that you put Heather's and Mackenzie's lives in serious danger?"

"No. For this."

Startled gasps escaped from me and Wendy as Wendow and Triso leaped out of their seats and tackled our principal. The principal gasped and fell back on his desk.

The aliens were lying on top of him, and Triso pulled out an electric shaver.

"This is what you get for interrogating us and our friends!" Triso shouted as she began shaving off our principal's hair.

And his head.