Chapter Twenty-Three

WENDY'S P.O.V.

As insane as it sounded, Wendow was correct. Floating above us was a UFO, an unidentified flying object. But to me and Tris, the spaceship was anything but unidentifiable.

The bottom part of the ship was spinning around and around, and the top part, which reminded me of glass, had a dark filter, so we could not see who was operating the UFO.

We could not see the aliens.

"Jeez. You are right," Sabrina said to Wendow. "You must be an expert in the alien department."

"Both of us are," Triso responded. "We are—"

Tris slapped a hand over her mouth, and Sabrina, with a confused look on her face, wondered why Tris did such a thing.

"Why did you cover her mouth?"

I have to admit that Tris came up with the perfect excuse.

"She needs to keep quiet. We all do. There is an alien spaceship over us that will kill us if we do or say anything."

"Nah. You have nothing to worry about," Wendow reassured us. "My sister and I will protect you."

"How are you two going to do that?" Sabrina whispered. "You are humans. It is not like that either of you have superpowers."

Triso pulled Tris' hand away from her mouth. "Trust us. We know what we are doing."

I did not know about Tris, but I really did not want Wendow and Triso to reveal themselves in front of Sabrina. Sabrina was not one to keep secrets.

At the same time though, if they could protect us from whoever was inside the ship, then I would not stop them.

You know, witnessing an alien spaceship whom you cannot predict what it could do is bad enough. What would make it scarier would be people seeing the same thing and gathering around.

And that is what happened.

Students who were outside, which were a lot, must have seen the spaceship because they came up to where we were.

I do not understand. Are you not supposed to run for your lives? Whoever was controlling the ship probably wanted to kill us humans!

Sabrina, Tris, and I noticed the other kids and informed them what it was. Wendow and Triso also noticed them, but they said this:

"This is why human species will not last. They are not using their brains that the Lord gave them."

A door from the bottom of the ship opened, and a grey object slid out. It reminded me of a speaker, and it was.

Without any warnings, a loud, booming noise came out from the speaker, and everybody but Wendow and Triso covered their ears.

"Pesky humans! We have come to your puny planet for a reason!"

Huh. Like Triso and Wendow, they speak English.

"Can you speak another language? Like Spanish?" a student asked.

"Of course we can! But if we spoke any other language besides English, you would never understand."

"Are you here to invade us?" another student asked.

Whoever was talking let out a groan. "Gosh, no. We know that you humans love making movies, shows, books, and video games about aliens conquering your home planet, but it is just not true. We despise you humans, however, we would never want to rule your world. Besides, you all are already dooming yourselves."

Another voice came onto the speaker. This one was high-pitched.

"What my commander means is that you have poor governments, landfills that are the sizes of mountains, and end up killing one another. So we plan on taking your planet after you go extinct."

For an alien, he had an excellent point.

The commander went back to talking with us. "The real reason that we are here is because there are two aliens hiding on your planet. They are Z-233 and Z-234. They are disguised as humans and need to come with us. They need to come home."

"Z-233 and Z-234?" I repeated.

"We are Z-233 and Z-234," Wendow whispered to me. "My real name is Z-233, and my sister's real name is Z-234."

"You need to reveal yourselves to those aliens and go home," Tris insisted. "They could do something damaging to us or our world if you do not."

"We cannot," Triso whispered to her.

"What? Why not?"

"They will do something horrible to us. We are not allowed to visit or even live here."

Wendow hugged her sister. "We will be sentenced to death."

Triso hugged her back. "Yeah. Do you want that to happen?"

A small door from the speaker open, and another grey object slid out. It was a bit smaller than the speaker, and the end of it was red.

"If you do not tell us or at least give us hints where these aliens might be, we will have no choice but to shoot and kill you with our laser beam," the commander said.

We humans gasped, and before anyone could say a single word, Wendow and Triso took a couple of steps forward and said, "Shoot us! We dare you!"

"Are you sure?" the other alien asked. "We do not want to harm you. Really. We are just trying to get the truth out of you."

"Get the truth out of our bottoms!" They spun around and shook their bottoms at the spaceship.

The aliens on the ship did not say anything, and the red spot on the laser glowed.

It got brighter and brighter, and a red beam shot out from it and hit us, killing us.

At least, that is what we thought at first.

Seconds passed, and we all opened our eyes...

...to see a blue force field covering and protecting us.

"How...?" Tris and I said at the same time.

Wendow and Triso hurried back to us.

"We created the force field," Wendow whispered.

"We told you that we would protect you," Triso said.

The aliens on the spaceship fired more lasers before the ship vanished into thin air.