Chapter Thirteen

WENDY'S P.O.V.

I led Tris, Wendow, and Triso to my bedroom. The four of us walked in, and I spotted something that was out of the ordinary. It was lying on the floor and by my bed.

I pointed at it. "Is that a suitcase...with two eyeballs?"

"If that is what you humans call it, then yes," Triso confirmed. "It is a 'Suitcase with Two Eyeballs.' On our planet, we call it 'xxxyyyzzz.'"

"Okay..." Tris said. "...whatever that is."

"You know, most humans actually call xxxyyyzzz the word 'that,'" Wendow explained. "I cannot imagine why."

"Me neither," I said sarcastically.

Triso went up to my bed and put her hands on top of it, pressing against it. "What is this, Wendy?"

"A bed. My bed."

"...bed? What is this...bed?"

"It is a piece of furniture that you can sit on. But its purpose is for you to lie down on it and sleep."

"Is that all?"

"Pretty much. You can also do other things...that will not be mentioned."

Wendow raised a hand. "Ooh! I have some questions."

Triso jumped up and sat on the edge of my bed. "So do I. But I am sure that they are the same questions as my sister's."

"Alright." I looked at Wendow. "What questions do you have?"

"What is the definition of a furniture? And a sit? And a lie down? And a sleep? And all the other words that came flying out of your mouth?"

"And the word 'definition'?" Triso added. "What is the definition of definition?"

I raised a hand and massaged my forehead. Today was going to be a long day.

"Did you guys even follow me and Wendy back here?" Tris demanded.

"Why, yes," Wendow answered. "We did it because we are friends now."

"Since when?"

"Since the beginning of time."

I was beginning to get a headache from listening to the aliens. Each word that they spoke made me feel stupider! I should have kicked them out the moment that I saw them!

Tris was carrying the brown box and set in on my bed and next to Triso.

"What is that?" Triso asked. "A spaceship?"

"No. It is a box," Tris told her. "Unless...on your planet, your spaceships are boxes."

The alien slowly moved her head up and down. "Yes, yes. What is a box?"

"You two can speak fluent English," I said. "How do you not know most of the words?"

"Do not blame us," Wendow stated. "It is not our fault. My sister and I went to school when we were in our eggs."

I felt like that I had just lost a few brain cells. "...what?"

Triso jumped off the bed. "We are newborns. We hatched out of our eggs this morning because we graduated from school."

Tris' face twisted into disgust. "You attended school as eggs?"

Wendow went over to the suitcase with eyeballs. "Of course. Duh."

"And you were born this morning?" I questioned.

"Yep. Then we saw you and knew right away that we would become friends with you."

"Say, does anyone know where Wendy's mom and my dad are?" Tris reminded us of them. "I did not see them when we came in."

"Wendow and I saw them," Triso commented. "We killed them and took their tongues."