Chapter Nineteen

WENDY'S P.O.V.

Heather and Mackenzie stopped chewing. Their eyes went wide.

"C-cockroaches?" Mackenzie stammered.

"My sister and I put a really big cockroach in each of your mouths," Triso said.

The bullies stuck out their tongues, and there were black and brown things twitching at the tips.

"Look, sis," Wendow said. "The cockroaches are not dead yet. See?" She pointed a finger at each of their tongues. "Their bodies and little legs have been torn."

"Whoa! Cool!"

Unlike the aliens, Mackenzie and Heather did not find it cool and slapped their palms against their tongues. Soon after, the pieces of the cockroaches were out of their mouths and on the blacktop.

As I watched them freaking out about the bugs and spitting them out, I could not help but laugh. Trust me. Their reactions were hilarious!

And quite frankly, it was what they deserved.

Do not get me wrong. Anything that does not look appetizing is not pleasant, especially if it is a random bug that you got from the ground full of germs. But because Tris already explained it to you in the last chapter, allow me to remind you that Heather and Mackenzie are mean-spirited people.

They are two unnecessary bullies who got their just desserts. Literally. Desserts for them are bugs. And even though that it was disgusting to witness, it was also a little justice in my eyes.

As soon as I burst out with laughter, Tris looked at me, giving me a look that could kill.

"Why are you laughing?" she asked harshly.

I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. Man, I was laughing so hard.

"I...am laughing...because...."

Jeez. It is complicated to talk when you are laughing your bottom off.

"Why, Wendy? Why?" She threw her hands in the air. "I do not find anything here funny!"

"R-really?" I wiped some of the tears off with one hand and held my stomach with the other. "Not even when...Wendow and Triso forced Mackenzie and Heather...to eat cockroaches?"

Tris lowered her arms to her sides. "Wait." Her eyebrows narrowed. "Is that what you are laughing about?"

I did not answer her. I was too concentrated to getting myself to stop laughing.

"Wendy! Answer me! Is that why you are laughing? 'Cause Wendow and Triso did something so disgusting and so cruel?"

When she said that, I immediately stopped with the laughter. I clenched both of my hands into fists and put them on my waist, and it was my turn to narrow my eyebrows.

"What did you say about what Wendow and Triso did?" I questioned her.

"I said that what they did was cruel and disgusting. It was so uncalled for, Wendy."

"That is your opinion. I say that justice was served. With bugs on the side."

"How can you say that? It was anything but justice! And I should know. I have done plenty of research on what counts as justice and what does not."

"Pfft! You would not know justice if it hit you on the head."

"You need to stop living in your fantasy world, Wendy!"

"You need to stop living in the real world, Tris! It is a horrible place!"

"How do you know? You have not even been there!"

I kept silent. I tried holding back the tears. I did not want to cry out in the open, especially in front of Tris.

That was when Tris and I heard the two aliens.

"Wendy. Tris. Did you see that?" Wendow asked. She was jumping up and down, and her eyes glistened with excitement.

"Oh, yeah. We did," Tris answered, facing her and Triso. Then she mumbled, "Unfortunately."

I finally won against my tears and said, "Wendow. Triso. Why did you feed our bullies cockroaches?"

"They were hungry," Triso responded.

"Did you happen to hear their stomachs growling?" Tris questioned them.

Wendow tilted her head to the side, seeming confused. "Your stomachs growl? Pfft! Silly humans. How can your stomachs do that when they are not alive? Why, they cannot talk like you and me."

As if on cue, a loud growling sound came from own stomach. I giggled nervously and rubbed my belly.

"Looks like that we know who is hungry in this group," I commented.

"You will not be hungry for long when Heather and I are finished with you," Mackenzie remarked.

She and Heather stomped up to us. They were punching their palms with their fists.

"Do you know these two psychopaths?" Heather asked. Actually, it was more of a demand.

She motioned to Wendow and Triso who were now eating...live ants...out of a bag.

Before Tris or I could fix the situation and come up with the best excuse, our alien buddies had to butt in.

"Of course, they know us," Wendow said.

"We are best friends with them, and they are best friends with us," Triso commented.

Mackenzie clenched her teeth. "Is that so?" She cracked her knuckles.

"Mackenzie and I should have known that only you two would be friends with weirdos," Heather said. "And because they almost killed us with cockroaches the sizes of a bus—"

"You are exaggerating," Tris said, cutting her off. "They were not that big."

"The point is that it is your fault."

"Our fault?!" I blurted out. "We are not their babysitters!"

"Yeah, but this gives us an excuse to beat you two," Mackenzie said, smirking.

Just before the bullies could get a hold on us, the craziest thing so far occurred.

Do not even try to guess.

Wendow and Triso came flying out of the school. They were sitting on a long and wide cart...

...and there was a large, red firework rocket strapped at the end.

They zoomed past us, and as they did, they grabbed Heather and Mackenzie by their wrists and taped them to the cart. Then the aliens leaped off the cart, and Tris and I watched as our bullies disappeared into the distance.