The Poor Housewife and The Angel

The woman in her 30's has 4 children all - the elder were two boys and the younger were two girls. Her husband was bedridden many years since the eldest was born. They suffered a lot due to poverty, they're living on a very remote area, a mountainous part far from town, far from market, far from neighbors. Since her husband cannot work anymore, she's the one to do all the work in the farm, any farm work. Their life was so poor. They're living on the hometown  of her husband where rice could hardly be found but only corn crops can be cultivated there. 

They were planting corn on that rocky field and during harvest, they will stock it up in the corner of their small hut. Then they will grind it to a grinder made of 2 white, big stones to make it as corn meal. 

All of them were eating cooked cornmeal as their basic food along with some vegetables, except their fourth daughter. Her fourth daughter was so picky in food, she could hardly eat cornmeal, all she wanted always was a rice meal. 

As the youngest daughter grew up, her mother would always work hard in the farm. And the mother will tell her youngest at times to help her like to fetch water for her.

She yelled to her daughter, "Fetch me some water!"

Her daughter would ran fast up to the mountain and would bring a container of water to her.

Breathlessly she ran back and gave it to her mother, "Mother, here it is".

The mother never knew her daughter was an angel, sent from heaven to help her. The poor housewife was so busy with her work and only focusing to the welfare of her family as breadwinner and she never noticed an angel was in front of her.

By Anne Scribble