THE STRANGE CALL FROM MY PHONE

It was the school year 2015-2016 when I enrolled in a Teachers School somewhere in Manila taking up 18units only in Education. I was working during weekdays and went to school during weekend only. 

One time, my budget ran out. I have only few hundreds with me for a week. So, I was in a dilemma on how to do with it, to buy for my meals and to pay for my fare going to school during weekend. 

So I just bought a loaf of bread to eat for lunch/dinner to save money. Suddenly, one of my classmates (a regular student) sent me a message. We were together in a group and she needed me to finish our project. She's also a working student, working during her spare time in the Nun's Monastery. She invited me to come to the monastery to help her, I was hesitant at first due to my current dilemma, I need to commute going there. I need to pay more, but still I cannot decline her request since it was badly needed the next school meeting. 

So, I prepared for my things and also brought with me the remaining loaf of bread, I am afraid my stomach will complain soon :) and afraid there might be no food there since I hardly knew her, we're not that close that time. 

She sent the direction going there and I just rode a bus then went down somewhere near the MRT station. As I am walking along the way, I heard my phone rang, so I picked it up from my bag, and saw the caller's name, it was my mother. 

So I answered the call, but no one was answering. I just heard someone was talking in the background, then finally after minutes passed, my mother answered, "Hello! Why are you calling?"

I was surprised! According to her, I am the one who called her phone and she just answered it. But I insisted that she's the one calling my phone instead.

After that confusion, we just laughed! It was like a comedy, I didn't call her and she didn't call me either. We just let it slide and I hanged up the call.

It was the 2nd time, as I remembered that thing happened to us.

And successfully, I never strayed, the first time I went to that Monastery. We made our project and after that the nuns invited me for dinner. It was my lucky day really, my hunger has been filled. And the nuns were so good to me, they were composed of different races, from different countries. 

They interviewed me, about myself and everything and they wanted me to join also with them but I hesitated.

After dinner, each was helping together to clean the dishes, with an order, like lining up, stage by stage there's a nun holding the plates, cleaning, drying and putting it in place. It was a good experience, all are equal. 

Some strange things really happened like a coincidence and at times I would like to say it's more of an intervention when we desperately need something.

 (posted 8.8.2019).