The Miracle

It's a true to life story, happened around 1980's.

The baby never stopped crying, she cried and cried the whole time. The mother has no idea what was the cause of it. She lifted her baby and cradled through her arms, and sung lullabies thinking she might be lulled by it, but it failed. She won't fed anymore to her mother's breastmilk and the medicines they gave won't help either.

Then, after a long time of crying, the baby suddenly stopped. But they saw her not moving anymore. The mother was so terrified, she saw the baby's lips was turning dark already. 

She lifted her up and cried help to her father. They immediately prepared to leave to find a healer for the baby. But as they went down stairs, the mother felt that the baby was now  so heavy that she's afraid her arms might fail to hold her, the baby might fall anytime soon in the ground. Her father saw then that her daughter seemed struggling hard in carrying her small baby, so he wondered and asked her to give the baby to him instead. 

But the mother was afraid also that her father couldn't carry  the baby with that seemingly heavy solid like weight in an unexpected small feature of the baby which cannot be explained in that circumstance. So she get a long cloth and tied it all around the baby's body, hanging it though her neck.  After securing the baby, they hurriedly gone to the road to find the house of that healer. 

The healer's house was a bit far from them, and they came there all catching their breath. They called the faith healer and luckily she was there. The Faith healer brought them inside her house, she was an old woman. They talked shortly about the current condition of the baby requesting her to help the baby.

"Put the baby on the floor.", requested by the Faith healer. 

She saw the baby, not moving at all, with her dark lips. 

She kneeled down, and raised her hands to heaven, uttering a prayer.

Then, in an instant, the baby moved and she's alive again.

It was a miracle. The baby was me, so my mother and grandfather felt so grateful that I was healed at that time.

By Anne Scribble (posted 8.8.2019)