Agent Number Twenty Six (26th)

Circa 2014

A lady sat lazily on anything found above the ground. She's so tired, tired of everything in her life. She felt  that she couldn't walk fast anymore, as if her body was so heavy that her feet cannot drag it any longer to a certain distance. 

In a few distance away, she saw a small shelter. It looked like a nipa hut, made of bamboo and light materials. Then, she saw  a line of men outside of it as if each was waiting for their own turn to be called. They entered one by one in a certain lapse of time. 

She could barely think straight due to the aches she felt inside of her all throughout her whole body seemed not in their right system to function well. Then, she heard someone's shouting loudly from the inside of the nipa hut. It was the voice of an old woman calling for someone from the outside to come in but the lady saw nothing, no one was lining up anymore outside. 

"Number twenty six, come inside!"  the old woman yelled.

The lady figured out that the old woman was referring to her, so was a bit hesitant to follow.

But she couldn't bear any longer but to answer her call, so she forced herself to stand and walk lamely, as if dragging her whole tired body towards the small hut. 

After few minutes, at last she came inside of that hut, it was bare inside, no furniture nor other people around but only an old woman, she was seated in the center of it. 

"Come here!," an old woman waved her to come nearer. Then she reached out to her a sword. 

She told her something and the lady reached for it, accepting the sword she had given to her. 

An old woman instructed the lady to do something, and only the two of them had understood it.

She had accepted whatever task that has been delegated to her, despite  all the hardships and suffering she experienced in her whole life. She need to overcome it all,  to set aside all the unnecessities in this temporary material world and  to focus to the assigned task mandated  to her wholeheartedly.

She went outside and she saw in a distance a certain group of people chatting and laughing to one another.  She called them all to gather around her  to tell them something very important to them all. Then, they all encircled her, where she was the center.  She talked loud enough for them to hear all the words she's conveying to them all. Some accepted her words nicely but most of them misinterpreted her words and spoke harshly to her.  And others were not contented, they picked stones and throw it all to her.  But miracle happened, all the stones thrown out to her didn't even hurt her.  As if she has a powerful shield that the stones just bounced away from her body. 

Then the people left one by one after a certain moment and she also continued her journey there after. 

Then, I woke up. It's only a dream.

By Anne  (posted August 4, 2019)