Love, Friendship and Trust(7)

Alacris Valencia

My phone was ringing once again. Dacey was calling me for the umpteenth time. By now, the adrenaline had died down and reality had sunk in by looking at Dacey's name on my mobile screen.

I was brought back from the high I was experiencing after beating Walter and blowing his car up. The reason behind it became more clear. The atmosphere turned somber.

Dacey was calling once again.

I didn't know how to react. Should I pick up the call? What would I say to her? How the fuck would I tell her that I just blew up the car of his cheating ass fiance who she was planning to marry today? That I saw him kissing another girl two hours prior to his wedding.

Just then, the phone stopped ringing.

I had this sudden urge to hug her, protect her from the devastation that would be yielded by the truth. To shield her away from the harsh reality and the true nature of the person she was going to trust with her entire life.

I was confused.

I wanted the journey to her home to end so that I could stand by her side but was dreading the circumstances when I would have to tell her about Walter.

The entire 40 minutes ride passed in a daze. I didn't know how the fuck I managed to prevent myself from freaking out completely. I was feeling totally helpless.

I stepped out of the car and walked towards the house, my pace slow, thinking how would I tell her the truth? I was gathering the courage to tell her everything.

I had to.

Gabe and Dacey were standing on the front lawn waiting for me. I halted mid-step.

Dacey was in her wedding gown with a veil in one hand.

She took a breath of relief as soon as she saw me. She rushed towards me,

"Alacris Ayla Valencia. Where the hell were you? Why weren't you answering your phone? At least, you should have messaged us. Do you have any idea how worried we were?---"

"Why are you crying?" She stopped in the middle of her rant and held my face in between her hands, cradling it, her expression transforming from furious to concerned in a matter of seconds.

I hadn't even realized that I was crying. I never ever cried.

"What happened?" Gabe asked with worry evident in his voice sensing the seriousness present in the surroundings.

I opened my mouth to tell them but my voice was nowhere to be found. How the fuck do you disclose something like this?

I looked at her. She looked like an angel in her bridal dress with her veil in one hand and the tiara that was supposed to hold it in the other.

Her dress shoulderless with bodice consisting of intricate designs and skirt trailing behind her making her look like she was a princess.

An angel descended from heaven.

Her makeup was kept natural and her long hairs were falling around her face in loose curls. She was the most gorgeous bride I had ever seen. She looked stunning. Breathtaking.

"You look beautiful," I said honestly. I wanted her to know this despite the situation in our hands.

She indeed was beautiful. Inside and out.

She looked confused but still couldn't stop the smile that was appearing on the face. She blushed and replied,

"I know. Walter is going to love it. I am incredibly nervous and on top of that, you were nowhere to be found. What happened, Alek? Where were you?" She inquired.