Surprises (32)

Let's clear a few things before we move ahead-

1) The Past of Aadolf

He was discarded from Evans' pack seven months prior to shifting into his wolf as mentioned in the prologue. So, he suffered at the hands of hunters for seven months. They are more than enough to damage a person. Personally, I can't imagine surviving 7 hours of such horror.

He was already working very hard for his age in the field of education under the pretenses of alpha training. And after his shift, his brain evolved further along with his physical strength. It's not possible to describe fifteen years of hardship he went through but yes, he survived and it was the toughest journey you can imagine.

As I mentioned in the second chapter, he channeled all his emotions into the fire of revenge to have a proper goal to overcome the urge of giving into his wild. The person who has survived for so long after harboring anger and darkness inside him was bound to be foreign to the concept of love and mates.

Let's not forget the fact that his father and mother were true mates. No wonder, he didn't believe in the concept. As I had stated earlier, the mate bond can only make you lust for each other. It can't make you fall in love.

He didn't have a pack. Living into the forest as a rogue would have been like taking small doses of drugs until you become addicted to them. So, living in the human world was his only option for survival regardless of the previous misfortunes.

2) Alacris turning into a wolf

As Theodore said, human mates cases are rare. They turn into a wolf only if their mates mark them on full moon night. If they are bitten by any other wolf, they die. Alacris was dying until Aadolf showed up and marked her transforming her into a wolf. They didn't know whether she was going to survive or not but she did. Though her shift was much more painful than a normal one.

As for the memories part, since Aadolf marked her, it means that he was willing to share himself with her. If I look at it from a hypothetical biological point of view, several chemicals or hormones were released during the bite from Aadolf's canine which gave a mere glimpse of his past life to his mate.

If there are still some confusions, please feel free to ask me at any point.

Cortez Pace

I watched the ever-increasing uproar in the pack. Everyone was shouting questions, their faces tinged with worries and desperation for answers.

It wasn't their fault actually. This pack hasn't had a luna in the last 300 years and now when our alpha found his mate, she wasn't even aware of the responsibilities she had to bear on her shoulders.

The bloodlust was apparent in everyone's eyes, their claws craving for the hearts of the ones who dare hurt their luna. But not before confirming that she was out of danger now.

Calming a pack of more than a thousand wolves wasn't an easy feat. I nodded to Chico to address them while looking at Hunter signaling him to try and calm everyone down a little bit.

"Go and ask Aadolf to come over here." Lorenzo's voice resonated in my mind while the words had shivers dancing down my spine.

The mere thought of going anywhere near him right then terrified me.
My eyes once again found their way to the unsettled violent crowd urging me to walk towards the alpha's house.

Aadolf Cadman had always been the most dangerous man out there. He harbored darkness darker than the pits of hell within his veins. But it wasn't what made him dangerous. The fact that he knew how to control it, twirl it around his fingers and allowed it to amplify did.