Wilderness (19)

Alacris Valencia

There was a sharp pain in my head. And a weird noise was falling on my eardrums, irritating me. I pried my eyes open but closed them instantly after being subjected to bright light. I rubbed my eyes and opened them after a few seconds.

There was someone seated beside my bed. A guy. An unknown guy. Who was snoring loudly?

I frowned at him but decided to ignore him for now. I was in a decent-sized hospital room. How did I end up over here?

The last thing I remember was dealing with those seven unhygienic men. What happened after that?

I had a feeling that I was forgetting something important and that caused my mood to go haywire.

What the heck was this place? Everything was so goddamn white. If one wasn't a patient in the beginning, he would definitely become one after suffering through this colorless torture.

I looked around. There was a small open window a few feet away from me. It indicated that I was on the ground floor. And it was morning yet.

Where the fuck is Dacey? Shouldn't she be sitting by my bedside with a hot-chocolate mug, waiting for me wake up?

I started looking for my phone to call her. Suddenly a hand appeared on my back.

I looked at the guy. He was no longer sleeping.

"Get your paws off me dude before I cut them and feed them to you," I stated in a dead voice.

"I was just helping you sit up, woman" He muttered.

"Yeah right. I know your types. Next thing you are going to want to help me out of this hospital gown and then a dinner invitation after which you will show your true colors. But let me tell you, you don't know me. I am Alacris Valencia."

"Okay.... Ummm... Is that supposed to mean something?" He looked confused.

"Yes. It is. What the heck are you doing in my room by the way? Don't tell me, you're some creepy bastard whose fantasy is to watch hospital bed-ridden girls."

With that said, I started to look around for my phone. This time to call the cops.

His hand suddenly appeared in front of me with a phone. I was beyond furious by then,

"What the fuck? You really are shameless. You want my goddamn number now."

"What? This is----"

I interrupted him when I took the phone out of his hand and threw it out the window.

"What did you----" He started to say but I interrupted him again,

"Not all girls are going to give you your number. And some nerve you have. You aren't that handsome, man. Mark my words, I wouldn't look at you twice. You can go and grab your phone now and maybe get lost on the way."

I picked up my wallet from the bedside table to look for my phone when suddenly it started ringing.

The ringing sound was coming out of the outside.

Please tell me, it's not true.

I searched through my wallet but the phone was nowhere in it. It was still ringing, outside.

I looked at the guy in front of me. He had his arms crossed over his chest and was smirking at me.

"I am Francisco Eadric. I will have someone pick up your phone later." He asked with amusement shining in his eyes.