I'm no Coward (24)

Alacris Valencia

There was a sharp throbbing in the side of my head and the dizziness encompassed my vision when I tried to open my eyes. I closed them immediately, even the feeble light of the room felt torturous right then.

I simply laid there trying to reminisce the events that had led me to this fate. I wish I could say I didn't recollect anything but over the rebel phase of my teenage, I had long surpassed that oblivious stage.

I remembered everything perfectly. Every single detail.

I rubbed my eyes and opened them, glancing around warily.

I was lying on top of a pillow, cuddling with it in my sleep. I buried my face in it trying to doze off once again. The familiar scent of sandalwood and forest assaulted my senses.

It was his pillow.

And the positions were surely debatable now.

I sat up, the abrupt movement making me close my eyes once again to get rid of dizziness. My head felt like it was banging against my skull. The hangovers were never this worse for me. I had gotten used to them a long time ago.

But today, was a whole another story.

I don't know what good stuff Aarav had fetched from his home but damn, it was strong as fuck.

As I looked at the bedside table for my phone, my gaze fell on the two painkillers along with a glass of water.

My heart started beating wildly against my thoracic cavity. It was a simple act. So simple that if it had been done by anyone else, I wouldn't think of it twice.

But with him, it scared me. Terrified me. I have never been the one to look for serious relationships, yet I was fascinating the idea of one with him.

I froze mid-thought. Relationship? Serious?

Was I considering them? I knew that I was attracted to him like no one ever before? But since when a simple sexual lust propelled me to think of something serious?

The mere thought scared me senseless. My mind was telling me to run away, afraid of the commitments and promises run a heartbreak. It was urging me to never look back.

However, my heart was a totally contradictory case. It was still beating loudly against my chest cavity. In the pin-drop silence that had embraced the room, my heartbeats were quite clear and audible.

Looking at the simple tablets once again, the goosebumps rose on my skin. A shiver danced down my spine that left me a little cold. Unconsciously, I picked up the abandoned pillow and hugged it tightly, trying to find some solace. The rich scent of him enveloped me once again.

The sensation that bloomed deep in my stomach this time was warm. It was foreign but I wouldn't mind getting used to it.

I would love nothing more than getting used to it.

These newly discovered turmoils unsettled me. I started searching for my phone wildly, trying to find a way to escape them.

Gabe. I needed to call him. He would know what to do.

After five minutes of looking around the room, I finally discerned that it must be with someone else.

I took a deep breath and gulped down the glass of water. I didn't dare cast another look to the tablets that were lying over there.

I looked around the room, and fuck there was nothing to look at. It was a master bedroom, that much was clear by its size.

 It was a master bedroom, that much was clear by its size