The Bastard Alpha (3)

This is the continuation of the previous chapter which means that we are still in that time frame i.e. 4 years back.

For once, my head was free of doubts about it. It was like a realization had dawned that this was it. It was what I was meant for.

Something in my expression must have conveyed my answer to him as he exhaled heavily, his shoulders sagging as if a heavyweight had been lifted off of them. He was looking at me with a glint of satisfaction in his eyes on being gotten his way with me.

On accomplishing what he had come for. It was the first step for him too. A significant one. One towards the common goal which seemed more closer and more promising than ever before.

"Your training starts at 5 AM tomorrow morning. I will pick you up from your apartment and I have already talked to your dean about arranging notes for you from today's onwards for the rest of the session. I guess you have about 15 days left of this session, we will look into your training and basics of my pack during this time and then after giving your Exams, you can come to Maine with me."

I analyzed his plan in my head. Everything was good enough except for the fact that the old man thought I needed the training to defeat him.

"How old is he by the way?" I asked my wolf, not expecting him to answer. I had a sense of dark humor.

"Not more than two centuries, quite young if you ask me." My wolf responded, his voice laced with sarcasm. I guess we had something more in common.

Amused, I just shook my head at Lorenzo and said, "Sure."

The following day, he picked me up and took me in a clearing deep in the forests covering the neutral territory. We changed into our wolf forms, shredding our clothes in the process, eyeing each other, observing each other for the strong points and weaknesses.

And then in a matter of seconds, we attacked each other in full speed, the air whizzing past us.

I still remember the flicker of shock in his eyes when my wolf clamped down my bared teeth on his neck within the first 10 seconds.

Years of being a rogue have definitely taught me the art of survival and directly going for the kill without a second's hesitation. But what it hadn't taught me was the tactics and precise techniques of fighting mastered by an experienced 130 years old werewolf such as himself.

So, I was thoroughly surprised and stupified when he lifted off his front paws and scratched my belly drawing out blood. He pushed me off himself with another paw with such precision that I was astonished at.

Raising my head and looking him in the eyes, I charged at him. I clamped down my bared teeth on his hind leg while scratching out his belly with my paw, embedding my claws deep in his flesh and drawing out blood. He let out a little whine but kicked me back using his front paws, jumping ahead he turned around and faced me quickly. The match was just getting started.

We fought for two and a half hour straight and by the end, we both were covered in blood and wounds all over our body.

His hind leg was broken and dangling at an awkward angle whereas my two to three ribs were fractured and one was broken.

My speed was my best asset and I was able to dodge most of his attacks whereas strength and endurance were his. At the end of the fight, he pierced my belly over the broken rib with his claws and pressed down his claws deep. He pressed my head with his other paw and clamped down his teeth on my neck.

I growled at him, trying to throw him off of me but he tightened his hold on my neck drawing out blood by his teeth and causing a burning sensation. He let out a deep rumble from his throat. The message was clear.