Acceptance (33)

Alacris Valencia

Everything happened in slow motion as if time had slowed down to comprehend the events itself. I knew Gabe was coming, after all, I had forced him to. I needed a sense of familiarity. I needed my best friend, more than ever before.

But most of all, I needed someone to remind me of who I was. To help me see past all this facade that kept blurring with the reality. I didn't know what was real anymore. And I was desperately trying to cling to the bits of the past that remained somewhere buried deep inside me. I was terrified to lose myself.

I was trying to break free from Aadolf's hold and not just the physical one. His wolf had surfaced and urged my primal part to break free and rule my mind. I wanted to tell him how he was my best friend but the proximity to him blurred out the surroundings to nothingness.

And the next thing I knew was Cortez was on the ground as blood gushed down his nose. In a matter of a fragment of a second, Aadolf was moving towards Gabe with murder in his eyes.

"He is my friend. Leave him." Shouting, I slipped in between them trying to stop the fight that seemed inevitable. On instinct, I stepped closer to Aadolf and placed my hands on his cheek trying to calm him down.

"I seriously didn't expect you to join a naked cult or tribe or whatever it is. I knew I shouldn't have allowed you to come here on your own." Gabe growled from behind me as I was suddenly drowned in an oversized coat. Aadolf growled as he tried to rip apart the only clothing piece on my body. Not under the scenario, I had imagined though.

"Would you please calm the hell down?" I pointed my finger at Aadolf to which he narrowed his eyes dangerously. Ignoring him, I turned towards my best friend and replied with the first thing that came to my mind, "It's not a cult. It's the 'embrace your true form' day in which we praise each other's assets for national benefit."

"Shut up."

"Are you fucking serious? What national benefits?"

"That's incredibly insulting."

"Can we please address how beta's male mate just punched him?"

Gabe, Aarav, Chico and Xavier shouted at the same time while a voice from back whimpered shakily, "Mate!"

I turned to look at Cortez whose wolf had taken over and was eyeing Gabe hungrily.
And the realization settled over me as we all stood there in utter silence. Maybe, they were comprehending the events then only.

"How could you do this?" My voice pierced through the silence that engulfed us, echoing in the crevices of the wild forest surrounding us.

"What?" Gabe raised an eyebrow as he folded his hands and gave me a dead-eye stare.

"How could you not tell me you are gay?" I shouted impatiently, feeling the betrayal of the worst possible level.

"I am not gay." He stated in a low voice.

"He is your mate." I pointed towards Cortez, trying to prove my point.

"He is not my mate. I have never seen the 'pretty boy' before in my entire life." He said exaggeratedly, throwing his hands around in the air.

"Ohhh my God! You called him pretty!" I shrieked.

"Since when are you motherfucking gay?" Chico shouted dumbfoundedly at Cortez.

"Man, are you sure about this? The tattooed guy doesn't exactly look the mate type." Aarav contemplated loudly, to which Cortez growled viciously.

"Man, this is going to be so difficult. Even I can't figure out who is gonna be the bottom one." Alex grinned.