Chapter Thirty-One

Cassandra walked over to Varian who was drinking a cup of punch.
"Drink time is over, time to move!", she ordered whacking the cup out of his hand.
Varian blinked and threw his hands in the air, "What the... What was that for?!?"
"For free!", she snarled glaring at him challengingly.
Varian looked at Cassandra annoyed and was startled when he saw her eyes.
There was something unnatural about them and they seemed to glow an eery bluish green.
What the heck...?
"I said, time to move!!!", Cassandra ordered yelling in Varian's ear with obvious impatience.
She then yanked him out of the chair and started pushed him.
"Okay, okay! Geez, I'm moving!", Varian yelled walking away from her.
Cassandra then grabbed his shirt collar and steered him back to her.
"You're going the wrong way genius.", she said letting go of him.
Varian grimaced and trailed behind Cassandra reluctantly as Ruddiger jumped onto his shoulders.
Ruddiger chittered as if asking Varian about Cass's condition.
Varian sighed and looked at his raccoon, "I don't know Ruddiger.", he said glancing at the scary Cass in front of him.
"Hey, why do I need to move exactly? What are we doing?", he asked as he walked after her.
Cassandra stopped suddenly in front of him and Varian crashed right into her back.
"Why did you crash into me? Don't you know how to use your legs by now?", Cassandra asked glaring at him.
"Why did you stop?", Varian asked backing away from her.
Geez, what is her deal?, Varian thought angrily.
"Because this is where we need to be and you are questioning my authority.", she answered crossing her arms.
"In the main square?", Varian questioned looking at the gathered group of Saporian rebels.
Cassandra narrowed her eyes at him, "We are going to go to Corona now because Rapunzel is there and we can start our revenge against her.
"Also we're leaving this base and I need you to be here and not doing some stupid side thing that is pointless and keeps you from coming.
"Now stand right here and don't move unless I say so.", she ordered glaring at him.
Varian stuck his tongue out at her as she turned her back and made a rude hand gesture.
He cursed under his breath as Ruddiger looked at him accusingly for his rude behavior.
"What?", Varian asked looking at him annoyed, "She is!"
The raccoon just shook his head and stroked Varian's hair, chittering quietly.
Varian sighed and watched as Cassandra went over to Andrew and started talking to him.
The two conversed for a few moments and Varian watched as Cassandra yelled at him and stalked off back over to him.
Varian pretended to be interested in the leaves of a tree as Cass stood beside him.
"I swear, can anyone do anything right around here?", Cassandra muttered angrily before turning to Varian.
"Varian,", Cassandra started.
"Yes?", Varian responded with fake interest.
She looked at him with disgust and turned away, "Just don't move unless I say you can no matter what. Unless of course you want your flesh to be stripped from your bones."
"Wait, What?", Varian exclaimed as Cassandra started to glow.
"Uhhh, what's happening?", Varian asked as the ground glowed bright turquoise.
He stared at Cassandra as magic clearly emanated from her in strong pulsing waves.
Varian noticed the Separatists of Saporia were standing in a circle around him and Cass and the turquoise ground reached them as well.
The ground glowed brighter and formed a circle with the group standing inside it.
Strange symbols appeared inside the magic circle before Varian's eyes as a wall of bright teal magic shone around them.
Ruddiger chittered nervously as the ground started to shake and a giant emblem of Zhan Tiri blazed under their feet.
Varian yelled as a giant flash erupted from the emblem and whiteout washed away any vision.
Then suddenly Varian crashed to the ground violently as the magic faded from view as he heard others meet the same fate as him.
Ruddiger head-butted him trying to get him to stand up.
Varian groaned and blinked the spots out of his eyes as he pushed himself up on one elbow and stared at the new landscape.
He gasped when he saw he was in Old Corona and the sight before him.
Demons.
Horrible demons flew through the sky screeching and causing havoc through the town.
"We're in Corona Ruddiger.", Varian said picking up his raccoon as he slowly stood up.
He watched the demons and shook his head angrily.
Why were they here? And how did they even get here?
"Everyone up!", Cassandra ordered as she walked over to him.
"Why are there demons flying around? Did you do this?", Varian asked angrily turning towards her motioning at the bright green chaos.
Cassandra stared him down, "No, I did not Varian.", she answered annoyed.
"Yeah? Well, for some reason I don't completely buy it.", he fired.
Ruddiger squeaked in alarm as Cass started to glow dangerously and her eyes started to smoke.
Varian backed up a little startled at the unexpected sight.
"The box apparently was opened in the fight with Chella.", Cassandra explained aggravated, "Demons were released when the box opened a crack, releasing the power to unleash Zhan Tiri enough for a few demons to slip through."
Varian stared at her in shock as dark smoke circled from Cassandra in gothic waves.
"I wasn't ready for this to happen yet, but here we are.", Cassandra muttered angrily, "I don't think this'll effect the plan since Rapunzel is here."
Varian didn't want to admit he was a little scared.
Cassandra was acting very unlike herself and that worried him as she stewed a little, muttering to herself angrily.
"Wait, hey Cass, how did you know Rapunzel is here?", Varian asked curious.
Cassandra stopped her little rant and turned to him, "I just do."
Varian sneered, "Well, I don't see her anywhere. Also I'm pretty sure your 'I just do' reason doesn't cut it."
"She's here.", she snarled, "And I will find her."
Varian glared back at Cass as she stared him down for a few intense moments until a low flying demon broke it up.
Both of them ducked and stood back up and Cassandra turned away.
"Let's move, Rapunzel is somewhere around here and so are her friends.", Cassandra said walking away.
Varian watched her go and stared at the demon-filled sky.
"Soon Dad, I promise.", he said as he followed Cassandra.
This would all be worth it.
His father would be free.
...hopefully.