sleepy p2

"There's my beautiful girl," Tom murmured softly as he softly stroked your back and gave you a loving kiss on the forehead. You tensed momentarily, but relaxed you felt his familiar, comforting hands. You weren't quite asleep, but you weren't truly awake either. 

Tom hadn't seen you look this relaxed in weeks. He knew you had exams coming up in the next few days and you had been studying more than any normal human being should. He worried for you, but at the same time understood how dedicated you were to your studies. He just didn't want to see you wear yourself out. 

"Why don't we get you to bed, darling, I'm sure this desk isn't as comfortable as the bed," he whispered. You still remained half asleep and quiet, turning briefly in your desk chair to get into a more comfortable position as if you hadn't heard him. 

Seeing as you weren't in any state to move yourself, Tom carefully picked you up bridal style in his arms and began to carry you out of the room. He took extra care to not mess up your notes and folders that were spread across the room. You slowly began to wake up as you recognized his earthy scent, and snuggled deeper into his chest.

You looked up at him, blinking softly. "Is this a dream or are you actually here right now?" you asked slowly, exhaustion coating your voice as a yawn threatened to make its way past your lips.

"It's the real deal, Y/N, I'm back for you," he replied with a contagious grin. You gave him a lazy smile and used one of your hands to stroke his cheek while he carried you up the stairs. During the brief journey your hands seemed to develop a mind of their own. After stroking his left cheek, you booped his nose, ran your thumb over his bottom lip, and even tried to straighten out his unruly eyebrow.

"Having fun there, honey?" he chuckled softly as your hands continued their invasive assault on his face. You stopped for a second to look him in the eyes.

"Just making sure you're still here. I always hate when I wake up and you're not there anymore, and it turns out it was all a figment of my imagination," you explained with a slight frown. Tom didn't like it when you were upset and instinctively gave you a soft peck on the lips.

"I can assure you I'm still here. And I still will be here in the morning. And the morning after that. And even the next one after that," he promised as the two of you finally got to the bedroom. You were silent as he layed you down carefully on the bed.

"You promise?" you asked, your eyes beginning to close again. Tom slipped off his shirt and pants, climbing into bed with you in just his boxers.