Don't Lie To Me!

You watch with a scowl on your face as Peter has a limp in his leg, an arm in a brace, and another black eye.

"Let me guess, you tripped and fell again," You said to Peter with annoyance in your voice

"I fell on the subway and ran into a pole," He said tiredly

"Peter. I've known you for 4 years. I know when you're lying. Just please tell me what's been going on with you!" You said worried

"Nothing has been going on y/n! I'm fine! I'm just clumsy," he said. Voice cracking, "Please let me make it up to you for missing our last date, and take you to coffee after school," He said putting his hands in yours

"Okay," you say smiling a bit

Last date? More like last five dates. It was getting out of control. He'd just leave in the middle of a date for some "emergency". Sometimes he would never even show up, and it was making you sad. You missed hanging out with Peter after school, and going on dates all the time. Even though he was standing right next to you, you missed him. 

After school ended, you waited by his locker for him. First five minutes went by. Then ten. Until Ned walked up to you and said that Peter had a dentist appointment after school and that he was sorry he couldn't make it. It was totally clear that Ned was lying. 

Tears were swelling up in your eyes. Sixth date now that he promised he'd be there at. You were furious and heartbroken. When you got to your apartment, you broke down. Your eyes couldn't hold it in anymore. You sobbed for what seemed like hours. You were already ahead in school so you didn't have to worry about homework. 

Suddenly, a knock on your window. You turned to see. It was Peter bringing his backpack in.

"Hey, sorry about the date the doctor took forever," he said climbing into your room

Doctor? I thought he had a dentist appointment...

"Oh my god, y/n, are you okay?" he saw your tear streaked face even through the darkness of your room

"How could you?" You said with your voice trembling

"y/n is this about today? I'm really sorry!" he said dropping the backpack and running over to you, resting his hands on your waist

"No. It's not about today. Its about yesterday, Saturday, last Tuesday, last Wednesday, all of last weekend and so much more." You pushed his arms away and stepped away from him

"y/n..." 

"Don't y/n me! I feel like I'm losing you, Peter. You're gone all the time. You always have a new injury. You never call me. You always just get up and leave. I shouldn't have to beg for a little time to spend with you!" You yell as you keep trying to separate from him

"I'm sorry I didn't realize this was happening!" He said starting to cry

"No Peter. Sorry isn't good enough. Get out." You said pointing at the window.

"y/n don't do this to me. Please!" He said trying to get closer to you

"Get. The fuck out. Peter." You were so angry at him. At everything. 

He stared at you tears flowing from his eyes for a few seconds until he opened the window and climbed out. Once he left, you had another breakdown. You regretted screaming at him and not letting him speak. Maybe, if you two just talked, things would have been different. 

You climbed into your bed and turned on some dumb TV show to distract you from him. It obviously didn't work. You didn't fall asleep at all that night. You thought he would come back. He always came back, and you guessed this time was different. 

The next day at school, was hell. You saw him on several occasions. Each time you saw him, he would be staring at you. 

After a week, the sweatshirts he left at your house lost his scent. The photos you had with him were all torn up by you on that night. It's like he completely left physically, but mentally he was everywhere. Every step. Every breath. Every blink. You missed him like hell but didn't have the courage to go and talk to him. 

After that first school day, he never came back. He never showed up for classes, and you never saw him. And honestly, it worried you. What if he was in trouble? What if he was doing drugs? or dead?