Goodbyes are always the hardest | Tom Holland

Word count: 327

"I don't want you to go." 

"I don't want to either."

It was a cloudy Thursday when we had to drive Tom down to the airport. He had to go back to Ohio to finished filming for his new movie "Cherry". He came back to London for a week, and we tried to spend a lot of time together, but there's never enough time in the world. I was gripping onto his arm in the back seat of his car, while his dad was driving. 

We watched the rain start splashing on the window next to him. The weather perfectly described my mood. We pulled up to the airport and I hugged his arm tighter in the back seat. 

"Please, please don't go." I whispered as my tears filled the brim.

"I have too." He kept staring at the window next to him. I knew he was trying to hold back tears as well. He was always a shy crier. 

The car stopped, and we both made eye contact. You could see it in his eyes. He really didn't want to leave again. Tears started streaming down both our cheeks. I wrapped both of my arms around his neck, instead of his arm, and we hugged tighter than ever before. It was nearly impossible to breathe. 

Once he both hugged, and said bye to his parents, it was my turn. He wrapped me again, softly this time, and cried into my shoulder. I did the same to him, and slowly started feeling my shoulder become damp. We hesitated separating, but knew we had too. When he lifted his head from my shoulder, my heart shattered.

He lifted his suitcases from the boot, and he started rolling them to the front doors. He stopped in the doorway, and waved goodbye. I waved back and didn't stop watching him, until he walked out of sight. 

Goodbyes are always the hardest, even if we only saw each other for a week.