I'd Rather Help You | Part 3

Okay so I was depressed, depressed, when I wrote this so this chapter is a n g s t y. You are honestly going to hate y/n in this chapter, and I'm sorry about that.

I'm also really sorry about the long series. I hate making so many parts, but this one was so long that I'm gonna have to make a fourth. Love you guys!

Warnings: a LOT of swearing, some aggression? idk how to describe it... breakups, and bullying

Word count: 1,888

         It had been two weeks since Spider-Man has come to your window. You worried about him. You knew how injured he'd get during some of his fights, and you hoped he wasn't meeting up because he got too hurt....

You worried so much that it even affected your schoolwork. Your grades that once were A's: all slipped to B's and even C's. Even if you weren't failing, it changed so much that your parents/teachers began to notice. 

Almost daily a teacher would ask you to step into their room, and have a little "chat." They would give a long lecture about how talented you are, and that you shouldn't let that go. It annoyed you so much. You wish everybody would just shut up, and let you be. You weren't failing, so why should it matter to them?

You were walking down one of your school's hallways during one of your free blocks, because you got tired of studying. You went to your locker, and opened it even though you didn't need anything inside. When the door creaked open, a small yellow sheet flew out. When it was picked up, you realized there was something written on it. 

"I know you don't want to talk, but this is important. Please meet me in the courtyard during your next free block- Peter"

You didn't know what to think. Why was Peter trying to reach out now, after being such a jerk for 6 months? Did you even want to go? What if he's just pranking you? He always did love to play jokes on you.... The loud ringing of the school bell interrupted your thoughts, signaling that it was time for art. Luckily, Peter wasn't in that class.

The entire class, your thoughts paraded your mind. You had no idea what to do. You couldn't decide if you should go or not. Your anxiety filled you up to the point where you had to step out of class. 

You walked to the bathroom, and rested your palms on each side of one of the sinks. You took a deep breath.

"Hi, Pete!" You said as you opened the door to his room, and turned around to close it.

You walked over to him and slipped your arms around his neck, wrapping him in a big hug. You furrowed your eyebrows, and slowly walked backwards when you realized he wasn't hugging you back. 

You looked up at him, and saw that he wasn't making eye-contact with you. "What's wrong, baby?" You asked softly, gently putting your hand up to caress his face. Peter jerked his head away from your hand, and took a step back from you. You flinched at his sudden movements, but persisted and took a step towards him. "Baby?"

"Please don't call me that." He said aggressively, continuing to not make eye-contact with you. 

"Baby? What do you mean?" You laughed softly, but immediately frowned when you saw that he was serious. 

"I don't think this is working out." He murmured, crossing his arms, and continued to back away from you.

"Ha. Ha. Funny joke, Pete. You wanna know how I can tell you're messing around with me? By the fact that you can't even make eye contact with me." You smiled and reflected his position, by crossing your arms.