Valentines Day

"I'm really really sorry y/n." Peter said breathlessly through your phone.

"It's okay," It was Valentines day today and you couldn't say that you were surprised that Peter had to miss your date. He's just gotten even more busy since Tony died, and you understood that he was an Avenger now and he can't miss fights like these. 

"It's just that these guys are powerful and the others need help." You heard a lot of wind pass through so he was probably swinging around the city.

"I understand Petey," You started to take pins out of your hair

"I'm really sor- ugh ow!" He spoke with a thump on the other end.

"Please be careful," You felt your hair fall on your back, "If you need help after, I'll be awake."

"I will I promise. OOF- oouch! I got to go love you!"

"Love you too." You hung up.

You frowned at the outfit you were wearing in your reflection because you worked so hard to impress him. You looked away from the mirror, and changed out of your dress. You then slid on some sweatpants and one of Peters sweatshirts.

You had a lot of English homework to do so you started working on that. 

"Good idea y/n!" You murmured to yourself as you grabbed your backpack.

It was around 1AM when you heard a knock on your window. You turned to see and it was Peter. You stepped closer to open it, but realized he was holding onto his stomach. You opened it and when Peter moved his hand, you saw a huge bloody gash. 

"Need some help with that?" you said quietly as you pointed at the blood streaming down his torso, as he stepped through your window.

"Yes, please." He whimpered through his mask as you ran and got bandages, bandaids, and a wet washcloth from your bathroom.

When you came back he held out this smooshed little box. You grabbed it softly and stared to see what it was. It was a crinkled up box of candy hearts. You smiled at him and pouted your bottom lip with adornment.

"I'm really sorry that we didn't have our date." He said taking off his mask, revealing a lot of bruises and some cuts, "I know how special that was for you," 

You started to clean off some wounds on his face, "It's okay sweetheart." you said as you smiled softly knowing that he feels really guilty about it.

"Can we go somewhere?" he asked opening up the package of bandages. 

"I don't think there are many places that are open right now," after you wiped off his face, you started to disinfect the mark on his stomach

"What about the roof?" He suggested as he held your hand because his stomach wound hurt really bad, "we could watch the stars and play some low music," he started to grin widely 

"I don't think we'd see stars in New York City." you chuckled at his enthusiasm.

"Yeah but we'd see something ," he stood up as you finished helping his injuries.

"Okay, we can do that." 

After cleaning up the supplies, and throwing away the bloody tissues, Peter climbed you two up to the roof. Thank god that you were the top level so you didn't have to climb far. You two walked (well he limped) to the edge of the roof where you got a crystal clear view of the city and sat down.

 You two walked (well he limped) to the edge of the roof where you got a crystal clear view of the city and sat down

(this is what you'd both be seeing)

You carefully opened the box of candies and you both grabbed one.

"Be my icon?" Your candy heart read, "I think someone gave up when they wrote these," you said, looking at Peter as you popped it in your mouth. You couldn't help but think how pretty he looked. His hair all flopped and slightly moving from the wind. Oh! And his little smile made your heart melt.

"Be mine. Wow thats stereotypical." He laughed as he chewed it, "wow these taste the worst!" he chuckled as he looked up at you.

He grabbed another one from the box and you moved to rest your head on his shoulder. 

"You're beautiful. I think this one was made for you," he beamed as he handed it to you.

"Aww! Who told you that you could be so sweet!" You gushed. You're face turning a bright pink.

"Hey, I'm really sorry that I missed our date tonight." He looked down at his hands as he played with them, "I hate disappointing you." 

"Pete, I'm not disappointed. We're basically still on a date right? We just didn't expect it to be here." You rested your forehead on his temple and kissed him on the cheek. 

"Did you know that you're the best girlfriend in all of the universe?" He said smoothly looking up at you.

"Hmm a girlfriend can only be the best if she has the best boyfriend," you said with a smirk on your face. You both laughed at each other cheesiness. He tucked your hair behind your ear and pressed his lips against yours. You smiled against it until you heard him grunt.

"They really hit you hard on this one didn't they?" You separated seeing him furrow his brows towards his stomach

"Yeah! They were super mean." He pouted as you chuckled softly. Man, this kid was adorable.

"I love you." He smiled lazily as he looked up at you. You could see the reflection of the city in his eyes and you couldn't look away. He was beautiful, and you were so lucky that he chose you.

"I love you too." You rested your hand on his cheek as you took another kiss. Butterflies erupted in your stomach as you felt his hand rest against your waist. There was nothing that meaned more to him than you. You were his universe, and he was never going to let you go.