18

HAJIN POV

I'm bored. Ive been cooped up in my apartment for the past week or so and I've officially run out of things to do.

The amount of books and puzzles I have either read or completed were stacking on top of my living room table. I've finished most of the campaign stories of the games I play too so there goes that.

The bruises I received from the accident were gradually getting better , but unfortunately it's still not to the point where I can do anything really physical. I feel kinda sluggish but what can I do right? Hence the reading, video games and puzzles.

Sigh. Maybe I'll go for a walk I thought as I made my way up to my bedroom and grab my mask and bucket hat. Right as I was about to walk out of my door my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"..."

"Hello?" I say again.

"Hey Kurtis" the voice says over the phone. I froze as I felt a chill go down my back. This voice...

"How have you been son ?"

"How did you get this number?" I tried to say as composed as possible, my teeth grinding through every word.

"Watch how you talk child."

" Step father. We aren't blood related at all. I believe we have no relation whatsoever so I'm certainly not your child." I spat back, anger seething through my voice.

"I am still your Father in any case , I did marry your mother after all. I guess she never taught you how to respect your elders." The voice answers back.

"....you have no right to talk about my mother." I gripped my phone hard, the whites of my knuckles showing.

"But I was the one who tried to help her in the end.What about you? You couldn't do anything so your right is a lot less than mine child.Let's meet, I know you're in Korea. I'll send you a text with a location one day, make sure you're prepared to come and don't disappoint me... son" my step father then hangs the phone up.

"GODDAMIT" I screamed as I grabbed an empty glass cup and threw it towards the kitchen. The shattered glass scattered  onto the floor as I punched my wall hard. Memories flooded my head as I ruffled my hair and slid down to the floor not caring for the blood trickling down my knuckles.

*
FLASHBACK

3rd PERSON POV

"Please, save her... I'll do whatever you ask me to but please help my mother." Hajin begged as he grabbed the arm of a man wearing a doctors robe, tears streaming down his face.

Two bodyguards grab Hajin and push him away causing the young man to stumble and fall on the hospital floor. The man patts his suit and stares Hajin down.

"She has stage 4 cancer and is in a coma, she won't live long anyways. Why don't you just give up and enjoy your time with her." He says, emotion void from his voice.

"She married you! How can you not try to save a person you love?!" Hajin screams hysterically.

"YOU THINK IM NOT IN PAIN?! IVE LOST A CHILD TOO."The other man screams back Catching Hajin by surprise.

"If I operate on her now the probability of her surviving is less than 10% , thats a number that is too low, if she passes away on my table it will tarnish the name of the hospital. That's a risk I won't take for the future of everyone working here."

If the earlier statement made Hajin feel sympathy for this man, that last sentence filled him with rage and contempt.

"You... you're thinking of the hospitals name? Rather than saving your own wife's life you're more worried about the reputation of your hospital?" Hajin stands from the floor and glares at the man.