27

HAJIN POV

Aw man...y'all ever heard of dancers block? No? Well it's the same as writers block but with dance. Pretty straight forward right? Anyways that's what I'm dealing with at the moment and it's infuriating.

So here I am just sitting in the office while music plays in the background. Nothing has been clicking lately... I tried house music , and hardcore hip hop but nothing was peaking my interest. I ruffled my hair in frustration and straight up punched the air multiple times before I decided enough is enough.

Free style it is.

I skip to the sound system and plug one of my phones in, I navigate through Spotify and select the shuffle option.

Free styling is where choreography originates so regardless of how "blocked" my creative mindset is, I'm sure I'll be able to destress just by moving my body.

The wise words of...well..I guess me once said; A shapey wapey a day keeps the dancers block at bay! Yeah I'm a poet.

I made sure to go through a warmup to allow proper blood flow and stretch my muscles, before I started to really get into the freestyle. Various songs come and go as I try to incorporate my dance style into each one and at some point inspiration comes. Thank you shapey wapeys.

I remembered a friend of mine trained by focusing solely on a extension of his body like his elbows or just his legs. So I figured why not take a page from that book and give floorwork a go.

Unfortunately I'm not a b boy so when I mention floor work I mean the modern contemporary kind that I focus on. Which means listening intently to the lyrics while keeping my centre of gravity low with a portion of my body always touching the floor.

In this perfect moment

Sheesh those vocals

All my cards are folding
Just wanna feel your hands on mine

Oh that's deep.

I'll tell you what I'm thinking
Please, just stop with all the speaking
Won't you let me love you blind?
We ain't been here before

Yup this songs the one.

But i've been here
And you've been here too
There's something in the water
That makes me wanna give it all
All to you

Alright let's get started!  I might only work on the first verse but this song is definitely going on my playlist. And thankfully after spending a solid hour  I was satisfied with the work I've done.

*clap clap clap*

"Nice job dongsaeng, hopefully you cleaned the floor properly before you started wiping it with your clothes." Lia noonas voice echoes within the room.

"Ah ahjuma would you at least let your presence be known when you trespass into my studio." I say sarcastically.

"It's not trespassing when I have a key dummy." She answers back while holding a set of keys in front of her.

I just laugh and rush my noona ignoring her protest as I give her a massive hug.

"How are you? We haven't seen each other for what 3 weeks now?" I asked after letting her go. She smacks my shoulder in annoyance before she gives me a gummy smile.