2

Jaebum woke up quite early in the morning to head down to the lab. He texted Jinyoung that he was on his way, following the directions until he reached the building that Jinyoung was supposedly in. It was a secluded building on an off-road that led to a clearing surrounded by wooded area. Behind the building was a large grassy field, probably used for tests that couldn't be done well indoors. Jinyoung directed him to a certain door that Jaebum had to circle around the building to find, stepping down some stairs into a shady looking pathway that housed the large pieces of metal. A special access code was needed to open the door, and Jaebum was lucky enough to have Jinyoung as a friend who always shared private information with him, including the 6 digit code to get him into the lab.

Jaebum opened the door only to be met with more stairs leading down into a white fluorescent lit hallway. His shoes clacking along the floor was the only sound heard in the pristine setting, the absolute quiet giving a bit of an eerie vibe. At the end of the hallway Jaebum finally reached another large metal door that had yet another passcode to punch in that was different from the first. Jinyoung had shared that one with him too, so he quickly type it in and entered the large room beyond the door.

He walked into a room filled to the brim with boxes of test material and equipment. It was almost like walking into a gigantic warehouse, all of this space used for testing and sampling the fossils he'd find on site. Jinyoung and his team did the actual chemical analyzation while Jaebum only used his eyes to record any physical data, and honestly he found Jinyoung's job just as cool as his own. He loved being in the lab for the sole purpose of being able to have hands on interaction with the very things he was fascinated with, and though most of the time he wasn't supposed to be there, Jinyoung always snuck him in one way or another.

Jinyoung himself was resting on a chair at a table just a few feet from the door, his head slumped back and lips parted as he slept. He obviously didn't hear Jaebum come in, totally not responding to all the movement or noises he'd made.

"Man he'd sleep through a robbery..." Jaebum mumbled to himself as he approached the other, reaching out to shake his shoulder a few times.

"Leave me alone..." Jinyoung whined, pushing the hand away just to fall back into his slumber.

"No, you invited me here, how can you tell me to leave you alone?" Jaebum asked as he grabbed Jinyoung's wrist and yanked him up.

"Ah! Jeez, you didn't have to dislocate my arm!" Jinyoung complained, rubbing his shoulder after being literally pulled out of sleeping.

"Hey, I'm here. You should be happy I found my way without getting caught." Jaebum stated. He dropped his bag on the table, looking around the lab at the ceiling high boxes of material. "So, you slept here overnight?"

"No, I got here really early because you wanted me to. So I waited for you and fell asleep." Jinyoung replied, standing from his chair while wiping the excess drool from the corner of his lips. "Um, anyway, you look like you like the lab!"

"It's a lot bigger than the last one..." Jaebum mumbled, not even sure how far away the farthest wall was from where he stood. "I mean, do you like it is the real question. You gotta spend hours here anyway."

"Is that even a question? I love it! You know how I always complained that our last lab was outdated and that I could make so much more progress with more equipment? Well finally the leftover money in the company budget got thrown our way and we got this place!" Jinyoung exclaimed with outstretched arms, doing a little twirl through the spacious area.

Jaebum chuckled, glancing over at another metal table towards the center of the room with a bunsen burner and stacks of paper littering it as remnants of Jinyoung's work. "So you're excited then? Been working on a lot of stuff?"