26

Jaebeom woke up early that next morning to ensure that he was prepared for the rest of the day. If he was going to hand Youngjae over to the lab for good, he was going to make sure he had a lot of fun before he did.

He got showered and dressed first in a simple t-shirt and jeans, which didn't usually happen but today he made sure he was awake early, then marched back into the bedroom to wake the hybrid up.

He stood over Youngjae's sleeping body, shaking his shoulder a bit to pull him out of his slumber. The hybrid groaned, his eyes opening slightly.

"Good morning!" Jaebeom exclaimed.

Youngjae frowned, shaking his head. "Why are you up?"

"Because we have a busy day today!"

The hybrid sat up, rubbing his eyes with a confused expression. "We?"

Yup we! So get up!" Jaebeom tugged hard at Youngjae's arm until he was finally standing, the hybrid needing to shake the remainder of sleep off of him. "Okay Youngjae, we're gonna spend all day doing things you want to do!"

Finally he had caught Youngjae's attention. The hybrid instantly grew excited from the idea of doing whatever he wanted for a day. "Really!?"

"Today is all about you!" He replied while watching an excited grin spread across Youngjae's face.

"So, anything I wanna do?" The hybrid clarified.

Jaebeom hummed out a confirmation. "Anything at all!"

"Reproduce!"

"Anything but that!"

Youngjae immediately began to pout. "You said anything... I watched more videos and learned more too..."

"I should put parental controls on my laptop..." Jaebeom let out a soft sigh while running his fingers through his hair. "Anything that is appropriate to do in front of other people that doesn't require their consent."

The hybrid hummed, taking a minute to think on it. "Then... I wanna go to the park."

That was definitely a more doable idea; Jaebeom was thankful that it didn't take much to please Youngjae. "You got it! But first we should get breakfast?"

"Steak!"

"I don't have steak..."

"Oh..." Youngjae's eyes fell to his lap, a small sigh of disappointment exiting him.

"Don't worry! Let's go out and grab something from a food truck, I'm sure they'll have steak!" Jaebeom quickly replied-- he was such a sucker for the hybrid.

Youngjae brightened up again, nodding his head happily. "Okay!"

Jaebeom waited for Youngjae to get himself up and dressed in his signature hoodie and sweats before they headed out. He found a food truck as predicted that thankfully sold steak and egg sandwiches as breakfast food; he purchased one for himself and two for Youngjae.

They headed into the park, sitting in the familiar area they usually sat in when visiting. Jaebeom could already tell that Youngjae was enjoying himself judging by the way he seemed to naturally glow with joy. He was glad he could spend and cherish their time together-- especially knowing what he'd have to do sooner or later.

 He pushed that thought aside though; he wasn't to think about it or mention it. The day was about giving Youngjae a good time, and he intended on sticking to that. 

He glanced over at Youngjae who was humming at each bite of his sandwiches; the sight of a happy hybrid making him smile in return.

"This is where we first kissed!" Youngjae blurted out.