34

Michelle pov
I've spent the rest of the day drowning myself in books. They help me deal with the pain and even betrayal that I'm feeling right now. I know I shouldn't feel betrayed but I do. I just never thought Peter would move on that fast, but I guess if we didn't have anything in the first place than there is nothing to move on from.
I just simply didn't expect them to start dating that fast, they barely know each other but that's what I get for punching him in the nose and then pushing him away.
But he was gonna end up pushing out of his life anyways so I just made it easier for the both of us.
I haven't being feeling really good for a couple of weeks, I'm in a constant state of dizziness and I can't seem to focus on anything because I get the worst headaches. My mom thinks they're migraines since it runs in the family. Every time I get them I feel like my brain is trying to wake me up or something. I know it doesn't make sense but I get a feeling like my brain is trying to make me remember something, and something BIG.
Something that I've forgotten and shouldn't have.
It's like the feeling you get when you think you lost your phone but you had it in your hands all along.
Except that I don't have it in my hands and I just have a terrifying feeling of dread.
After school I usually go to the Avengers Tower for my internship with Pepper. My headache has grown stronger throughout the day and I can't stand being in my own body anymore.
As I reached Pepper's office and knocked on the door softly.
I heard a faint 'come in' and softly opened the door.
"Hello MJ, how are you sweetie?" She asked having Tony right beside her.
"I'm good just finished school, Mr.Stark how are you Sir?" I asked softly.
"Very well young lady, I was telling Pepper that I wanted to host a dinner for all you young kids tonight since it's Friday" Stark said looking at me.
"Uh–umm-erhm–I–I don't know Sir. Peter–we aren't exactly on speaking terms." I said uncomfortably looking down.
Pepper smacked Tony's arm and glared at him.
"Oh yeah Peter's broken nose? That was you I know. The fight must of been huge" Tony said casually eating blueberries.
"Yeah I–" I tried explaining myself.
"No need to explain yourself I'm sure Peter deserved it somehow. Pepper has put me in my place several times before" He said looking at Pepper lovingly.
"I have and will do without hesitation" she said looking at me with a soft smile.
"I just don't think it's a wise idea" I said.
"Are you rejecting me Jones?"  Mr.Stark said eyeing me.
"Uh-no-I mean-no I'll be there" I said.
"Great this is gonna be a fun dinner" Mr.Stark said smiling brightly clapping his hands excitedly.
"Sweetie you do not have to come if you don't want to. I know it's hard for you honey" Pepper said understandingly.
Pepper has probably helped me the most through this.
I've cried to her so many times that I've lost count.
She knows everything that has happened and tries to console me when I angrily tell her about what an idiot both Gwen and Peter are.
'He is just as stubborn as Tony. He tries to protect everyone he loves and sometimes pushes them away.' Pepper told me the first time I cried to her.
"No no I'll come. I don't have anything better to do" I said smiling at her assuringly.
"Good choice kiddo. This dinner is going to be so great" He clapped excitedly will smiling brightly.
"So great" I said I unenthusiastically.
•••••••••••••••••
My head is pounding and I'm currently heading to Mr.Stark's house with Pepper. Obviously Happy is driving us.
"Happy can just drop you off home and I'll tell Tony that you weren't feeling good MJ. You look ill, maybe you would rest" Pepper said putting a hand through my hair lovingly.
"No I'm truly fine. Plus I'm starving and the food will be great if Mr.Stark is hosting a dinner. Plus who rejects Tony Stark" I said looking at her like she was crazy.
"I did and know we're married" she smiled
"Yeah but you guys are a rare example of excellence" I said.
"You remind me a lot of my younger self and Peter reminds me of—" Pepper started.
"Tony yeah you've told me before. What's your point?" I asked not understanding her train of thought.
"Never mind you'll get there" She said rubbing my hand.
"Get where?" I asked confusedly.
"We're here ladies" Happy called as he put the car in park.
"Remember just stay calm and do not give in to Gwen. She'll take any chance she gets to make you look bad. Not give her any. Act extra nice. Like they say 'kill them kindness' " she said winking as we walked into their home
Tony smiled warmly as we walked kissing Pepper and pulling her along and she grabbed my hand pulling me with her.
"I made this dinner to show you young kids that I appreciate you all. I am thankful to get to shape such wonderful young minds." Tony said sounding almost rehearsed looking at Pepper for reassurance.
"You made him do this didn't you?" I asked looking at Pepper.
"Yes I did" she said proudly.
"But I didn't have to agree and I did" Tony pointed out.
"You always do what I say" Pepper said looking at him
"True. But only because your my moral compass" He said kissing her softly.
"Okay well dinner will be served soon so let's head to the dinning table.
"Are Mr. Captain America and Ms. Black Widow here?" Ned asked excitedly.
"Yes they are. Everyone is. We even have some special guests from Wakanda joining us this evening" Tony said.
"So dope. I love Mr. Captain America and Ms.Black Widow. They are my favorite couple on this planet" Ned ranted excitedly.
"Kid they're not dat—" Tony tried to clarify.
"Yeah and Pluto isn't a planet. These are all lies told by very ignorant, negative and heartless creatures" Ned stated passionately.
"Well Pluto is in fact proven to NOT be a planet and Rogers and Nat are not dating" Tony stated matter of fact.
"How comical it is to see people in denial" Ned laughed wiping some fake tears from his eyes.
"Before this conversation gets heated let's go to the dining table" Pepper interfered before Toby could get a word out.
We all walked quietly suppressing our laughter.
Seeing all of those wonderful heroes in one table made me want to fan girl. I grew up admiring all of these heroes.
Among all of these important people I saw one that made me almost faint. Shuri. FREAKING SHURI WAS HERE!
My eyes widen involuntarily as my gaze met hers.
She is the definition of YOUNG girl power. She is the hope of our future. Young powerful mind? Shuri. Young Empowering female power? Shuri. Courageous? Shuri.
"You can take a seat where you want" Tony said taking his seat while Pepper took hers alongside him.
There's an empty seat next to Shuri.
Should I?
I timidly made my way towards the chair next to hers.
"Hi–um–do–do you think I could maybe–um–seat here?" I asked stuttering more Peter Parker himself.
"Sure" Shuri said in her wonderful thick accent.
"Thank you" I said smiling softly.
"I've read and seen a lot of your work. I'm a huge fan. You truly are the definition of master mind" I said shyly.
"Well thank you so much" she smiling at me.
"So I take it you like reading since you've read some of my works?" Shuri asked.
"I love reading.Books are like my only friends" I laughed lightly
"I like reading too, I just don't get to do it often because I'm always working on something. Maybe you could give me a list of your favorite books" she said
"There's an maxing book store that I always go to. It's so cozy. It was a small cafe inside and an area with soft couches and chairs where you can read peacefully. I could take you there if you have time" I offered kindly.
"I would love to go to a bookstore. I've never been to one before. I'm staying here in New York for a little bit and then I'm heading to Coachella in California" she stated excitedly.
"Wow really I've never been to Coachella. But then again I've never been to California" I said laughing.
"You can come if you want. That way we will both experience a crazy Californian party" she said.
"I would need to ask my mom but I'm down" I said smiling.
"Did someone say Coachella? You kids should go I'll pay for it" Tony said encouragingly.
"The more people the better" Shuri said welcomingly.
"Hell yeah. COACHELLA!" Ned said excitedly.
"Thank you Mr.Stark" Peter and me said at the same time.
"You're welcome" he said looking between me and Peter.
I quickly glanced at him and averted my gaze to my plate.
This is gonna be a long dinner.

Sorry for the late update you guys, I've been busy all day.
It is FRIDAY! You know what that means.... NEW chapter! I really hope you enjoy it.
Anyways gorgeous family,
Please don't forget to,
|•'comment'•|
|•vote 🖤•|
And
|•~FOLLOW~•|

{*-THANK YOU!-*}