35

Michelle
Everyone is now either at the bar or sitting at the couch with a glass of wine.
Shuri and me made plans to hang out later this week. We are gonna have so much fun but unfortunately she already went to bed saying she was jet lagged from her trip all the way from Wakanda.
"Hey hey hey stranger" Ned said walking towards me with a sad smile.
I felt a sudden wave of guilt knowing that I've been avoiding him
"Hey Ned" I said softly.
"I haven't seen you in a while" he said sitting next to me.
"I know I'm sorry I've been busy lately" I said.
"More like avoiding Peter and thus ultimately ignore me too" He said obviously hurt by my recent behavior.
"I know I'm sorry. But I can't be friends with Peter and—" I said shakily.
"And you can't be friends with me" he finished my sentence.
"I'm sorry Ned" I said feeling tears sting my eyes.
"So what you're breaking up with me? Does Our friendship really mean nothing to you?" Ned asked in a harsh tone.
"I can't do this" I said softly my voice barely audible.
"You suck! All I've ever done is be nice to you. I've tried to help you when things were fucked up. I've tried to be a good friend with both you and Peter but it's just not enough for you huh? God Michelle do you know how selfish you're being pushing ME away when I didn't do shit to you but be there for you?!" He said angrily seeing him the angriest I've seen ever.
"Ned please I—" I tried to explain
"No Michelle save it. You always say that people leave you but that's not it at all. YOU push them away" Ned said glaring at me before storming off.
I look around me to see Pepper looking at me softly with a sad frown trying to silently show her support.
I looked down at my hands trying to control the tears running down my face.
"Took Ned long enough to give up on you. Finally I thought he would never. It was honestly exhausting to watch" Gwen said walking up to me with Peter by her side.
"Gwen stop" Peter said sternly glancing at me pityingly.
"What? I'm just being honest" Gwen said innocently.
"Well I don't want your fucking honesty" I said bitterly getting up and glaring at her my eyes burning as I blink back the tears.
"Of course you don't since honestly is none existent in your dictionary" she said smirking proudly.
"Gwen that's enough" Peter said looking at me briefly and grabbing her hand to pull her away.
" All I'm saying is that I just hope Ned gets over it soon so he can have a friend that deserves him." She said.
"You and me both" I whispered looking at Peter whose gaze met mine briefly. And for a half second his eyes told me he wanted to comfort me. But I didn't stick long enough and walked out without another word.
I rushed out the door and towards the flight of stairs that lead to the roof.
I swing open the door and slam it. I breathe rapidly trying to slow down my beating heart gripping my hair tightly.
"I'm so stupid" I scolded at myself leaning against the wall.
I'm on the verge of a freaking panic attack.
"Because you're stupid and selfish" I said out loud
"MJ?" A soft voice said opening the door slightly.
I stayed quiet and looked away to the sunset in front of me.
I heard the door close gently and soft footsteps approaching me.
He gently sat down next to me.
"Ned is just hurt but he doesn't hate you" Peter said comforting.
"But he should hate me. I've been nothing but horrible to him" I said clenching my fist feeling my fingernails digging into my skin.
"No one hates you and stop doing that" Peter scolded grabbing my fists into his hands and unclenching them for me with his eyebrows furrowed in disapproval.
"Ned was really mad at me I've never seen him like that" I said tears burning in my eyes.
"Well you've been ignoring him for a while and he doesn't understand why. Now he's just mad" he said.
"He was the last person I wanted to hurt" I said my voice shaky.
"I know" he said softly.
"I didn't want to push him away, but I had to and I still do" I said pulling my hands away from Peter's.
"No if I don't hold them you'll just hurt yourself again. You do it without even thinking it" he said grabbing my wrists and holding them.
"Let go of my hands" I demanded glaring at him.
"Ned is gonna come around just give him some time. Your friendship means a lot to him. So it hurts him that you don't want to be his friend" he explained ignoring my demand.
"I know. I love him too and his friendship is the most valuable thing to me and that's why I need to push him away" I said.
"What do you mean? Why?"He asked concerned
"Lately I've been feeling strange. Like something is wrong with me. I know it's crazy as I don't know how to explain it but it's as if my brain is pushing me to wake the hell up! Like I've been dreaming all this time and— I don't know" I said sounding like a madman.
"MJ have you been losing track of time?" Peter asked seriously.
"Umm... yeah I have" I said.
"What about headaches? Really bad ones?" He asked looking at me.
"I've been having killer headaches for a couple of weeks but my mom says they're migraines" I explained.
"And weird dreams?" He asked.
"I have had weird and alarming dreams these past weeks. How do you know my symptoms Parker?" I asked confusedly.
"Because they're all common signs when you're memory has been wiped" he said with concern eyes grabbing a hold of my hand and walking towards the door.
"We got to get you to Mr.Stark" he said dragging my down stairs.
"Brain washed? Seriously? How can that even be possible?" I asked shaking my head in disbelief.
"I don't know how they do it, but they swap your memory for another. It's like a replacement and now your subconscious is trying to get you to remember" he explained as we walked into Mr. Starks office.
"Are we even allowed to be here we will get in so much trouble" I asked making sure not to touch anything.
"Don't worry I have access. I just contact Mr. Stark. You'll be okay, we will help you" he said.
"Well shit what if I don't remember that" I joked trying to poke fun at my situation.
"Don't worry" he said smiling softly.
"I'm not worried. I'm scared. Whatever happen it had to be bad enough to get a brain wash. I'm not sure I want to know what it is" I said in all honesty.
"If your brain is fighting it, it must be important." He encouraged.
"I guess so" I said and by heart dropped at the thought.
I won't be able to update every Friday from now on! I'm sorry!
It is FRIDAY! You know what that means.... NEW chapter! I really hope you enjoy it.
Anyways gorgeous family,
Please don't forget to,
|•'comment'•|
|•vote 🖤•|
And
|•~FOLLOW~•|

{*-THANK YOU!-*}