10

Lyra's POV
I get waken up around 8am by a phone call.

                                        Lyra's POVI get waken up around 8am by a phone call

He probably just got home and was going to bitch to me about the mess.
I live with my older brother. Our parents kicked him out when he was 16 and then me at 15. He's 20 now. I'm 16.
I ignore the call.
"Who was that?" Scarlett says groggily. She yawns. "Ow my back hurts. We should've went to the room to sleep." She gets out of her chair and stretches. I do the same.
"My brother. I live with him." I say as he calls again. I put my phone down.
"I'm gonna shower, there's another bathroom up there that you could use. A towel in the closet. I'll get you spare clothes to borrow?" She starts moving.
"Alright." I nod. "We should do something today."
"Like what? I still don't know what they have here." She turns to me.
"We could go to the mountains or Atlanta and find something to do." I suggest.
"Oh shit I forgot Atlanta was close by." Scarlett turns into her room. I wait at the doorway. She comes back and hands me clothes.
"Thank you." I say as she points in the direction of the guest bathroom. I walk in and shower. Once I get out I look at the outfit she gave me. It was pretty simple yet cute, a black tank top with red shorts. I added my belt as accessory.
I change into it. We're about the same size.
"How do I look." I say walking into her room.
"Noen texted me last night." She says glued to her phone. She looks at me. "You look better than I could in that shirt."
"Thanks, what did he say?" I ask sitting next to her on her bed.
"He just apologized for what he said yesterday. He also said he'll always be a friend if I need one. What do I do?" She shows me the text.
I debate on what I should say. It was fucked up what he said and what's to stop him from repeating it or something worse in public? But at the same time I know Noen and he's always had my back in history, he deserves a second chance.
"Accept his apology and ask him if he wants to join us to the mountains?" I say. "We should go camping!" I've always wanted to go camping but my parents were never interested and I didn't really have close enough friends to go with.
"I sent the text. Do you think he's awake? It's 10am." She asks me, I shrug.
"We need a tent, chocolate, graham crackers, marshmello and snacks." I say, my attention focused on tonight.
"Two tents?" Scar asks me.
"Two? Why we can share." I say.
"What if Noen comes? He'll probably bring a friend." Her phone dings just as she says that. "See, hes bringing a friend." She shows me the text of Noen agreeing to come and asking to bring a friend.
"Alright, well lets go to Walmart to buy the stuff and then to my house to pick up some clothes. We can hang there till later or something." I say.
"Yeah hold on let me pick out my clothes. You can go downstairs and eat something if you're hungry." She turns to her clothes and starts looking through her clothes. I leave her room and go downstairs.
I search her fridge for food. I grab orange juice and search the pantry next.
Cupcake flavored pop tarts? Sounds good. I grab one.
I pour the orange juice and put it back. I sit on the couch scrolling through my phone as I eat the pop tart. Taking sips every now and then of my orange juice.
"What's taking you so long Scarlett?" I yell out.
"Sorry got distracted. Give me a couple seconds." She yells back. I roll my eyes and continue scrolling through instagram.
Scarlett finally comes down.
"Oh you changed your shirt." I say, she's wearing a black long sleeve shirt. "Are you sure you wanna wear that? It's gonna be cold."
"Yeah I dont get cold easily." She quickly says. "Let's go."
"Alright." I get up and follow her out the door.
We skate to my house to get my clothes and then leave to the store in my car, bringing our skateboards with.
When we arrive at Walmart, we get everything we need. Instead of two tents we just get one big one. We pick out a good amount of snacks and things for Noen and his friend.
I offer to pay but Scar tells me she's got it and if anything I'll pay next time.
By the time we leave the store it's 2pm. We wanna head to the mountains early to pick a nice camping spot and take pictures. She texts Noen that we'll pick him up before heading up.
We stop at McDonalds to eat, giving time for Noen to pack and his friend to arrive at his house, before going to Noen's house.
"What his address?" I ask Scar as we get in the car.
"I honestly don't know. Hold on let me ask." She texts him.
I pick out music as we wait for a reply. I choose Story of My Life by One Direction and a One Direction playlist. She puts his address in the GPS and head over.
When we get there, Noen is outside skateboarding with his friend.
"Who's he?" Scar asks me.
"That's Mason, him and Noen have been best friends since forever." I say. Me and Mason used to have a thing last year before he got caught up in Amber.
Noen waves at us and signals for us to wait as him and Mason go inside to get their bag.
When they come out, I open the trunk so they can put their stuff in it, they also bring their skateboards.
"Hey." Noen says as he enters the backseat.
Mason waves as he enters through the other side.
"Mason, Scarlett, Scarlett, Mason." Noen says pointing between the two of them.
"New girl, pleasure to meet you." Mason bows his head a little.
"How flattering your subtly flirting with her." I say.
"Lyra." Mason says to me as if acknowledging I was there for the first time. I roll my eyes and start driving.
We arrive at the mountain tops camping grounds. There's not many people here. We unpack and look for a place to set camp.
We choose midpoint between the exit of the trees and a river, near a grill.
Mason and Noen start setting up the tent while Scar and I head to the river to take pictures.
"Hey that was a good picture." I say. "I'm gonna post it."
Scarlett nods while she continues looking around taking scenery pictures.

(if anyone steals that username i'll drop kick u but whose name is lyra anyways)"Let me take pictures of you

"Let me take pictures of you." I say to Scar as soon as I post the photo.
"Alright. But I'm not exactly photogenic." She says shrugging.
"Shut the fuck up girl you're literally so perfect." I say as I start taking pictures of her. We took a couple and head back to the campsite. The boys just finished making the tent and were eating some of the snacks we brought for them.
"If if falls on us I'll hurt you both." I say motioning for Noen to hand the bag of doritos.
"I think we'll already be hurt in the process." Mason says.
Noen looks at Scar. "Why are you being so quiet?" Noen says eyeing Scar. I look at her realizing she's barely said a few words since leaving her house.
"Yeah what's up Scar?" I say turning to look at her. I feel Noen shifting behind me.
"Oh uh nothing." She says turning pink. All three of us are looking at her.
"You're usually not this quiet. Atleast not with me alone. You've been like this ever since we left your house?" I say trying to figure out what's up. I look to Noen with a puzzled look. He shrugs.
"Something's probably bothering her idiots." Mason says. Scar looks at all of us, she looks at Noen the longest before she turns and walks away. I hear a sniffle.
"SCAR ARE YOU OKAY?" I yell at her about to go after her. Noen pulls me back. "Stay, I'll try to talk to her."
"W-what why you of all people?" I say as he moves me towards Mason who holds onto my arm as Noen follows Scar.
"I think they'll make it." Mason says and lets me go once Noens out sight.
"Make what?" I say looking at Mason. He smirks. I've always felt his smirk adorable and can't help but return it back.
"I missed you." He says moving closer.
Fuck.

——————————
can i just say thank you for 300+ reads, i haven't even said thank you for 100 yet oops. if you have any questions or suggestions please comment them.
i already have the plot for this book thought out and it's a matter of time before relationships start happening so be patient. i'm trying to make this more realistic & less sappy like most noen fan fics i've read but no tea i love most of them anyways bye¡