14

TIME SKIP
It's now May. School ends in a week. (They're Juniors so they don't have prom). Scar and Noen spent the last 5 months getting closer. They both disregarded the kiss as a heat of the moment thing and both agreed that neither had feelings for one another. Lyra and Mason broke up in March. Mason began dating Amber recently so now it's just Noen, Lyra and Scar. (Occasionally Noen hangs with his old group including Mason and Amber). Scar was able to catch up in schoolwork. Noen has already confronted Scar about her cutting and she broke down crying and promised to never do it again. (Surprise she lied and secretly does it from time to time.) She claims that she's doing better mentally and both Lyra and Noen agree she's doing better. She's barely updated her journal entries but whenever she does she refers to her cutting as a 'habit' rather then a problem. Noen is now reaching a million followers on Tiktok and 300k on Instagram. Lyra is well being her usual self.
———————————
                                                 Now
Noens POV
Sometimes I think back to the day Scar and I kissed. It felt more than a heat of the moment thing. I wasn't the only one leaning in for it. I mean we both agreed just to be friends as we only knew eachother for four days. But sometimes I wonder what if we would've pushed in a romantic way instead of a friendly relationship. I spent the next two months after the kiss trying to believe I didn't see Scar as a potential love interest. But know I see that I do have feelings for her. At this point it's easier to conceal it but I find myself wondering what we could be.
"What are you thinking about?" Scar asks studying my face.
"Things to do this summer." I lie, removing my arm from around her shoulder.
"So you really never been to a six flags before?" Lyra asks Scar. She's sitting on the couch to the side of us. Scar and I are sharing the loveseat.
"Nope. Never." I also look at her wide eye.
"Six Flags Great Adventure?" I question.
"No. My parents rather travel to destination places instead of fun." Scar shrugs.
"We're taking you to the one here." Lyra says. "You afraid of heights? We need to do Goliath, it's their best ride yet."
"What? No. Blue Hawk has to be." I argue.
"You can barely even tell what's going on. It's just a bunch of tracks and you go too fast." Lyra says back.
"It's thrilling." I shoot a look at her.
"Yeah whatever." Lyra rolls her eyes at me.
"When are we going?" Scar laughs.
"The day after school ends?" I suggest.
"Why not the last day of school." Lyra shoots back.
"You realize you don't have to fight me on everything." I cross my arms. Scar just laughs. We both shoot her a look.
I get a text.
"Shit. My mom wants me home I forgot we're having dinner." I say getting up.
"Have fun doofus." Lyra says to me.
"Oh shut up drug addict." I say. Lyra and I play like this all the time.
"Bye Noen." Scar says to me, she gets up and hugs me.
I turn towards the door to leave, just as someone rings the doorbell.
"I thought you said your parents are out of town." I say as I raise an eyebrow to Scar. She looks at me back and shrugs. I open the door.
"Jillian?" I say surprised. How does she know where Scar lives?
"Noen?" She says shocked too. "Is Scar here." She says shaking her head.
"Um yeah. Hey. I didn't know you were coming over now. You didn't text me." Scar says going around me to hug Jillian at the door.
I look at Lyra confused. She gives me the same look back.
"You guys kept contact?" I ask confused, remembering the night of Lyra's party in December.
"Yeah. We started texting and bonded. We usually hangout at late at night." Jillian says.
I get another text. "I really got to go. Bye?" I say and leave.
I didn't expect for Jillian and Scar to be friends. She referred to her as Scar. Only me and Lyra call her that. Not even Mason was allowed to call her that or else she'd get mad.
I shake my head.
I slightly put my hand over my chest.
It feels as if my heart got punched.
But it shouldn't matter. We're just friends. Scars love life isn't my problem.
I inhale and continue walking home.

———————————
anyways wtf thank you for 1000+ reads that's surreal. i'm trying to shift into that summer stuff & possibly include the lights out tour happening.
(this follows similar events to real life except noens a year younger. it's now may 2019. everyone is a year younger then they are right now (i'll say when they're the same ago tho)).
if you have any suggestions pls comment them or even criticism it is much appreciated <3