37

Scarletts POV
small time skip, scar just got back from her first day back to school since the incident, noen not being able to go as he had something to do in atlanta etc.

"Does it really matter if I just don't do my homework, we're seniors, the most important years are done." I say as I make a 'give me' motion to the blunt Lyra is sparking up.

"Isn't Noen coming over?" Lyra asks, taking a hit and passing me it, I nod.

"Not until later, we'll be good." I giggle, I love Noen, but giving up weed ain't something I plan on doing anytime soon. Lyra smirks, rolling her eyes as she passes me the blunt.

"Are you sure you're doing better." She asks right before she gives it to me, jerking it back towards her.

"I swear." I quickly snatch the blunt from her before she can say anything else or change her mind. I take a long hit, exhale. "See, perfectly fine, I just needed one hit." I give it back to her.

"Are you sure you're going to be fine at school tomorrow?" Lyra asks before taking another hit from the blunt.

"Yeah, it's a Friday anyways, Noen said he'll try to pick me up, if not I'll uber to where he's having the shoot." I take another look at my homework, I've always been able to catch up in work but I just can't seem to understand this math.

"Come on Scar, hurry up with your work. You've done everything else except the math homework." Lyra said, looking at the direction of the front door before panicking and getting up.

I look to see a blurred Noen standing at the door, I quickly get up, hitting my arm against the tabletop, I whine as I grab my wrist, Lyra zooming up the stairs at this point trying to hide what she was doing.

"You're acting like you have a meth lab up there." I slightly yell up to her as I approach the door.

"Babyyyy." Noen says as I jump into his arms, scrapping my arm against his shirt, I jerk my arm away causing Noen to lean his face back. "You okay?" He says slightly concerned, I smile, nodding at him and press my forehead against his.

"I missed you at school today, Lyra was texting Jaden the whole day, ignoring me." I exaggerate a frown.

"Oh hush, you're making it seem as if I'm a bad friend." Lyra says coming down the stairs, I lay my head on Noen's shoulder as he walks inside, still holding me, didn't realize I was this light. "Oh my god stop it, you're making me feel single."

I giggle as Noen slightly let's go of me, I jump out of his arms. "Says the one leaving me to go see her boyfriend in LA." I mock the last words as it's all Lyras been talking about since I helped her plan the trip.

"Can we get something to eat?" Noen says, eyeing both of us curiously. "I haven't eaten all day."

"Yeah sure but where?" I ask, Noen looks at Lyra.

"Why don't we let her choose." Noen arches an eyebrow at Lyra.

"Is it really that obvious, I barely smoked much." Lyra looks down, Noen laughs slightly.

"Yes it is, I smelt it on Scar the moment she opened the door, you know her doctor said no drugs." Noen crosses his arms.

"Let's get pizza." I chime in, grabbing onto Noens arm in attempt to uncross them. I know if I don't intervene, Noen and Lyra are gonna get at each other's throats for being the reason I nearly..

"Yeah lets go." Lyra said flatly.

I try to smile to lighten the mood, how'd they go from being close friends keeping secrets from me in order to make me happy to people arguing that they didn't do anything wrong.

They didn't. It was my choice completely. I just felt so alone and even if they were there for me, they could've done nothing to change the way I've felt since before even moving to Georgia.

Loneliness is a condition of the soul and it doesn't matter how many people you're surrounded by.

———————————————
short chapter but honestly idk where this book is going so possibly another big time skip in the next chapter