17

Scars POV
"How many times are you gonna promise to stop but still continue?" Noen says to me, he looks back at the me through the mirror.
Tears swell in my eyes. "I try to stop I swear but it's a habit. I-I can't."
I begin crying.
Crying because I lied to him.
His arms wrap around me.
"I'm such a fucking mess I'm sorry." I choke out while crying into his arms.
"Shh it's not your fault Scar. Let it all out." He rubs my back.
I eventually calm down. "I understand if you find me annoying but are just too nice to say it." I wipe my eyes and look at him.
"Don't say that Scar, that's not true. I love you." He says.
My eyes widen.
"No. Stop take it back." I instantly say. As much as I want to be with Noen. I never planned on settling down and falling in love with someone. "You don't love me."
He doesn't look hurt, just shocked. "I didn't mean to let it slip out."
"So you don't mean it?"
"I do mean it Scar. From the bottom of my heart." He gives a small, sincere smile.
"No you don't. You're just trying to make me happy. No." This is too soon. Do I love him back? Do I even know what love is?
It's like he instantly reads my face. "You don't have to say it." He gets up, taking off the tinfoil out of his hair. "I'll just go. Sorry."
I stare at him without knowing what to say as he leaves.
Everything that happened today was just too fast. Too much at the same time.
How am I supposed to know if I'm in love, if I've never felt love before.
My back against the wall of the bathroom, I slide down it and cry into my knees.
Lyra comes back about ten minutes later.
"Scar? Noen? Who's crying?" I hear his footsteps as she comes to the bathroom. "Scar bae what's wrong?" She sits down next to me.
"I-I don't know." I stammer.
"Where's Noen?" She says looking around. "Did he leave?" I nod my head.
"He told me he loved me." I wipe my tears.
Her face lights up. "Isn't that a good thing? You always talk about liking him."
"Yeah I like him but I don't know if I love him too." I look at Lyra.
"You don't have to say it back right away. I'm sure Noen understands that." She embraces me.
I hug her back.
"Pizza?" She says. I nod and we both get up and eat.
"I wonder what he looks like with pink hair. He left before washing out the dye." I take a bite out of a slice.
"We'll see tomorrow. Mind if I stay over? My brother has girls over." She rolls her eyes.
"Yeah sure. My parents come back tomorrow morning but we should be at school by then. Even then I doubt they'd care." I grab another slice.
"So you stayed over at Noens house without me eh?" She slighlty elbowed me.
"Oh stop." My face turned red as I remembered what happened this morning.
"What did you guys do." She drags out the o.
"N-nothing." I begin stuffing my face with the slice I'm eating.
"Oh my god you guys didn't." Lyra says as if she can read my mind.
"Mhm." I give in.
"What was it like? Was it your first time? Was it his first time?" She continues asking questions.
"Lyra oh my god chill." I laugh.
"I'm guessing it was your first time. You've been missing out." I elbow her. We both start laughing.
I look at the time. "We should go to sleep. Don't we have a test in history tomorrow?"
"Yeah. Let's clean up first. You did say your parents are coming back tomorrow." She puts the reminding pizza in the box in the fridge. I go to the bathroom and clean up.
When I finish I go to my room and change. Lyra's already in one of the guest rooms, which at this point is her room laying down.
"Night Lyr." I say from my room.
"Night Scar."
I stay up a while thinking about Noen before eventually falling asleep.

—————————————
as i upload this it's currently #1 on #softboy so ty🥺
also thank you for 2k reads wtf