Part 39-"Alex I'm....are you ok?"

This is an unusually short chapter for me but, the next chapter needs its own, so I didn't want to combine the two.

Enjoy the light reading x

Viktor waited in the car out the front of the station. Despite the heating being on he felt cold. Not the type that could be fixed with artificially warm air.

Looking at the backs of his hands he noticed how much he has aged.

He was a young human when he began working for Alex, his hands were now thin and lifeless.

The car door opened with Alex jumping inside, with him, he bought lore cold air.

"That's done, shall we go for breakfast?" He asked in an unusually cheerful tone.

Viktor frowned "Alex I'm....are you ok?" He placed his hand on Alex's shoulder comfortingly.

"Of course! I'm glad to be out of there" Alex was completely oblivious to Viktor's sympathy.

"Alex!" Viktor said in a louder tone.

"Viktor!" Alex repeated jokingly.

"Why are you acting like you didn't just experience a tragedy?! Nicola killed herself and it's as if you don't care" Viktor's voice was annoyed and confused.

"A tragedy? My dear friend, what part of this is a tragedy?" Alex's smile sent a painful shiver through Viktor.

Slowly he began to shake his head in disbelief over his own thought pattern "please tell me you didn't"

Alex shrugged casually "I may have"

Viktor placed his hands on the steering wheel and looked ahead. He was speechless. Alex had murdered Nicola. Alex shot her in cold blood.

*************

Three days had passed since Queen returned to
London. The press had plastered Oksana's face across every paper across the country.

Headlines like

Russian billionaire's niece shoots herself dead

Freddie Mercury's ex girlfriend kills herself

Freddie, Oksana and Daisy the triangle

Oksana's suicide letter had also been made public which divided the readers.

Was Oksana an obsessive ex? Or did Daisy steal Freddie from her?

Daisy spent most of the day sitting on the couch making no attempts to move. Oksana's letter had clearly stated her as the reason for her suicide.

She knew she hadn't done anything wrong, but being made to take the blame was a burden Daisy struggled to cope with.

Freddie tried to comfort her but was met with nothing. No smile. No warmth. Simple nods and one word answers.

"Darling you need to eat, you need to..."

"I need to what?!" Daisy snapped back

Freddie was relieved that she had finally spoken a full sentence "let me make you a bath"

Daisy covered her face. The confines of her palms gave her a sense of security. She nodded at Freddie offer, who kindly extended his hand to her and helped her to her feet.

Stepping out of her pants and lifting her T-shirt, Daisy noticed the bruise on her abdomen. She placed her hand on it and looked in the mirror.

Freddie wrapped his arms around her and kissed her shoulder, his lips warm on her flesh.

His eyes fell down to her abdomen and noticed the bruise. The bruise Oksana had left. The shades of purple and blue reminding her of that night.

Slowly they would fade, but until then, they marked her. Oksana's final act of hate was physically present despite her being permanently gone.

Stepping into the bath the water was perfect. Freddie has a knack for getting the temperature right every time.

Lowering herself, she leaned back and gave a weak smile.

Freddie gazed at his wife, the woman he'd met at his  concert and had since lived multiple lifetimes with. Her beautiful face and delicate features were heartbreakingly painful to see unhappy.

"I love you" he said to her softly.

"I love you too" she replied without hesitation.

He kneeled down in front of the bathtub and looked into her pained eyes "Daisy, I will walk through hell 100 times before I let anything or anyone hurt you. This will be sorted out. I promise"

Daisy placed her wet hand on the side of his face "I know you would my love, it's just hard to have someone's blood on your hands"

"But we're ok right?" Freddie's nerves cracked through his question.

Daisy sat up straight "you think we're not?"

"Of course not,  you've just been so distant and I wasn't sure if you maybe blamed me" Freddie felt relief in making his confession to Daisy.

Daisy shook her head "No of course I don't blame you, she was unwell"