Part 43-"You saw WHAT?!"

Freddie looked around carefully before stepping out of the car. He shivered as he made his way across the street towards her apartment, he wasn't sure whether it was infact cold outside or if it was simply his nerves making him shake.

He had her spare key and made his way up through the security door up to her apartment. Number 43.

Knocking gently on her door, he waited patiently for her to open. The door cracked open slowly "Freddie?!" Came a sleepy voice.

"Hey sis"

Kash opened the door quickly and pulled her brother in "oh God what's wrong!" Her worried expression was painted all over her face. Pulling her robe together, she began looking over Freddie, she could tell that something was wrong.

************

Daisy tossed and turned, unable to get any sleep. Despite being upset and hurt, she worried about Freddie. She knew how self destructive he could be when he was very upset.

Having given up on trying to get any kind of rest, she sat and on the edge of the bed, glancing at the clock she sighed at the red 2:00 on the clock face.

She felt out of place being in the Taylors guest room.

She had her own home with Freddie and instead of being there with him, she was alone.

The creaking of the floor boards outside her room grabbed her attention. Footsteps followed as they lead away from her and moved towards the stairs.

Peaking her head through the door she called out quietly "Di?"

"It's Rog"

She left her room and followed the voice towards the stairs.

"Can't sleep?" She asked spotting Roger midway down the staircase.

He shook his head "tea?"

"I'd love one"

Putting on the kettle, Roger tried stood across the kitchen bench from Daisy who sat on a stool.

He noticed how frail and worn out she appeared "how are you doing?"

Daisy shrugged "I'm pretty shaken up to be honest"

Roger couldn't help but feel guilt over Daisy and Freddie's argument, and tried to tell himself that unless there were cracks there already, Freddie wouldn't have had an outburst the way he did.

"So he was just upset about Alex? Nothing else?" He asked slowly leaning on the marble bench in front of him.

Daisy looked up "What else would he have to be upset about?" Her tone was slightly annoyed.

Roger gave a nod and with relief turned to pour the boiled water into the teacups he had ready.

Silently they sipped the tea, both thinking about Freddie. Rogers fear over Freddie telling Diana about the kiss was consuming him. He was grateful that Freddie didn't know the full story.

The sad fact was, it wasn't just a kiss. There was much more, but Roger wasn't willing to admit it to anyone not even himself.

"What's on your mind?" Daisy asked noticing Rogers uncharacteristic silent behaviour.

"Hrm? Oh just hoping Fred's ok" he lied to her.

*************

Kash sat across from Freddie on a lounge chair with her legs tucked under her.

After having heard what had happened, Kash's obvious annoyance in Freddie was too evident for him to miss.

"Oh spit it out Kash" Freddie rolled his eyes