Chapter Eighteen

I wake up with Sansa in my arms Sansa gets up and puts on her clothes as I do the same, she walks outside to find Daenerys as I walk around not having anything to do when I am stopped by Tyrion "ah (Y/N) how are you, have you calmed down since yesterday" he says sarcastically "I have but I stand by my point you are a fool for thinking that Cersei will send the Lannister army" I say as Tyrion looks away "perhaps you are right however I need to believe that she wants to survive" he says "and why that?" I ask "Cersei is pregnant-" he says "with Jaime Lannisters child" I interrupt, Tyrion nods "so I have heard that you and Lady Sansa are in love with each other...I heard that Ramsay Bolton carved Sansa's name into your chest" he says as the sudden memory of our time with Ramsay floods my head "everyone has seen the way you two look at each other and it is clear that you both have a strong bond of love and respect I've not even been here two days and I can see it so can Jon and Daenerys" Tyrion says as the gates open to show a man around mid forties with a beard "is that?" I ask "my brother...yes" Tyrion replies as he runs down to meet him as I go to find Sansa.

We all gather in the hall to hear Jaime out. "When I was a child, my brother would tell me a bedtime story, about the man who murdered our father. Who stabbed him in the back and cut his throat. Who sat down on the Iron Throne and watched as his blood poured out onto the floor. He told me other stories as well. About all the things we would do to that man, once we took back the Seven Kingdoms and had him in our grasp. Your sister pledged to send her army north." Daenerys says "She did" Jaime says, "I don't see an army. I see one man with one hand. It appears your sister lied to me." She says "She lied to me as well. She never had any intention of sending her army north. She has Euron Greyjoy's fleet and 20,000 fresh troops. The Golden Company from Essos, bought and paid for. Even if we defeat the dead, she'll have more than enough to destroy the survivors." He says as Sansa and I glare at Tyrion "We?!" She asks "I promised to fight for the living. I intend to keep that promise." He replies "Your Grace, I know my brother-" Tyrion says as Daenerys interrupts "Like you knew your sister?!", "He came here alone, knowing full well how he'd be received. Why would he do that, if he weren't telling the truth?" He says "Perhaps he trusts his little brother to defend him...right up to the moment he slits my throat!" She says "You're right, we can't trust him. He attacked my father in the street, he tried to destroy my House and my family the same as he did yours!" Sansa says "Do you want me to apologise?! I won't. We were at war! Everything I did, I did for my House and my family! I'd do it all again!" He says this time Bran interrupts "The things we do for love. He says as Jaime pauses in shock "So why have you abandoned your House and your family now?" Daenerys asks "Because this goes beyond loyalty. This is about survival." He says Brienne gets to her feet and moves to stand beside Jaime "You don't know me well, Your Grace, but I know Ser Jaime. He is a man of honour. I was his captor once, but when we were both taken prisoner and the men holding us tried to force themselves on me, Ser Jaime defended me...and lost his hand because of it. Without him, my lady, you would not be alive. He armed me, armoured me and sent me to find you and bring you home, because he'd sworn an oath to your mother." Brienne says "You vouch for him?" Sansa asks "I do." Brienne says "You would fight beside him?" She asks " I would." Brienne replies "I trust you with my life. If you trust him with yours, we should let him stay." Daenerys shoots her a somewhat angry look then turns to Jon "What does the Warden of the North say about it?" She asks "We need every man we can get." Jon replies "Lady Sansa, I was hoping we could speak alone." Daenerys says Sansa nods before walking of with her as Jon and I watch them both leave.