Chapter 5

It's been two weeks ever since Sunflower has been sent away to become a proper woman at Pigeon Ocean.
The exact reason she left was becoming another reality. Sunflower told herself that she didn't believe in genuine love, so she tried to hide the fact that these feelings were real.
There might be a change of plans. Things don't go as expected.
Today was the first day of the all-girls school. Sunflower was the only new student in a while that attended the school, that's the information she had so she wasn't sure if that were true.
She will meet fresh challenges and unfamiliar people. For what was to come, she was ready.
"Come on, Sunflower! The ceremony will start soon!" Kate called from downstairs. "I'm coming." Sunflower would say before looking at herself in the mirror.
Apparently this all-girls school had these uniforms. They were light blue with red ribbons, there was also these grey pants all girls had to wear.
Sunflower put the sunflower clipping in her braid before heading downstairs. "Come on!" Kate groaned.
"I'm here." Sunflower walked on over to them. "You look pretty in that uniform." Gabby smiled. "Thank you." Sunflower dipped her head.
"Don't go doing that to everyone you meet Sunflower. Apparently what we read (red) In the mail was that you had to announce who you were at the opening ceremony and that's why we can't be late." Kate glanced at Gabby and Sunflower.
"Wow, so strict." Gabby giggled. "D-Don't say that! I'm just worried that's all. Let's get going now." Kate opened the door and walked out.
Gabby and Sunflower glanced at each other. Gabby had a smug look, she walked closely behind Kate. "You know.. I heard Louise might be in the same class as you." Gabby hummed.
"What? no~ Probably not this year." Kate stretched her arms. "Oh really?" Gabby smiled smugly.
"Yes, really!" Kate glanced at Gabby with a death glare.
Sunflower enjoyed watching Gabby tease Kate. They were so close. I'm getting closer to them as well, which is a good thing. Just not to close, I'm leaving in two years so I cannot get easily attached.
"Watcha thinkin' Sunflower?" Gabby tilted her head as she looked at her. "I'm just thinking about how fun school might be." Sunflower would say.
"It's really nice! After the ceremony all girls have to go to the front of the school to see which class they're in. Once they do that they go back to class. The class you're in is your homeroom so you go there everyday when school starts. Then after that you pick which classes you wanna go in. You can also join an after school club." Gabby explained.
"That sounds fun." Sunflower pointed out.
"The class choices aren't that fun. I hope they changed it this school year." Kate huffed. "Last year, Kate and I chose the same classes. Kate thought that science would be fun but instead all we did was write long notes." Gabby smiled.
"Don't remind me of that hell." Kate sighed. "I'll choose wisely." Sunflower nodded. Gabby clapped her hands and nodded. "Look! There's Lavender, Louise and Elisa!" Kate would say. Sunflower looked ahead of them, she recognized Lavender's long ponytail, Elisa's curly blonde hair and Louise's scruffy hair.
"Oi! Hey! We're back here!" Kate called out. Louise turned her and blushed. "Hey Kate!" Louise smiled and ran towards her.
"I hope we're in the same class." Louise pouted as she stopped in front of Kate. "I hope so too." Kate rubbed her neck while smiling.
"Hey Elisa. Erlen isn't with you guys today?" Gabby asked. "Well. She was going to come with us but she simply refused saying she didn't want you to see her like this." Elisa huffed.
"How did she look?" Gabby tilted her head. "She had these pink headphones on i'm pretty sure." Elisa scoffed.
Gabby blushed and nodded. "A-Alright, thanks for telling me Elisa." Gabby smiled. "Don't mention it." Elisa continued to walk.
"I see you've grown in the past two weeks I've seen you." Lavender fufu'd. "What do you mean by that?" Sunflower tilted her head.
"Your chest, obviously." Lavender snickered. Sunflower looked at her chest, she certainly has grown.
"How'd you notice I've grown?" Sunflower looked at her. Lavender cleared her throat. "I pay attention to all breasts in Pigeon Ocean, I pay close attention to yours since yours are big and that you're the only person who's caught up to my limit." Lavender grinned.
"Ah, I see." Sunflower's eyes narrowed. There were girls looking at Sunflower, whispering. Sunflower felt insecure. "Hey, you doing okay? you look pale." Louise asked worriedly.
Sunflower glanced at Louise. She felt her throat tighten, whenever I look at Louise I am reminded of Lottie.
She looked away before she could even say a thing, everyone was looking at her with these strange eyes that made her feel slightly uncomfrtable.
"Sunflower?" Kate poked her shoulder. Sunflower blinked, everything seemed normal now. Why now? Why do I have to have delusions now?
"Are you okay?" Gabby asked, worried. 
"Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry about me, we have to hurry don't we?" Sunflower started to walk forward. Isn't it about time to tell Gabby and Kate about Lottie?
I'm not ready. Or am I? Lottie did some serious damage on me, she even left this hateful grudge that I can't get rid of.
It's all her fault that i'm like this. Sunflower shook her head. Forget the past and focus on what's in front of you.
Sunflower looked up and spotted a huge building with four floors. Her eyes shined. Kate and Gabby stopped beside Sunflower.
"Is this as big as your mansion?" Kate fufu'd. Sunflower looked at Kate with these strange eyes. "No. My mansion had eight floors." Sunflower would say.
"Eight floors?! You're mega rich!" Lavender laughed out loud. "Sunflower. I deeply respect you and your opinions but we should get going." Elisa cleared her throat and walked forward.
"You're right. Let's go." Sunflower and her gal pals approached the tall building. A lot of girls were looking at Sunflower.
Sunflower could even hear some of their conversations as she passed by the girls.
"She's the new girl?" "I never saw her here before!" "She looks pretty." "She looks different." "I wonder if she's nice." "Why is she hanging out with the Louise scruff?" "I wanna talk to her!"
Sunflower could hear the conversations.
All of the attention was on her. Was she the only new student?
I don't think I'd be, shouldn't there be more?
Sunflower, Kate, Gabby, Lavender, Elisa, and Louise sat down in the front row of the gymnasium.
A lot of girls were gathering. Sunflower sat straight, she looked at the teachers on the stage. All female.
There were only females in this whole gymnasium. Grandma Oli wasn't kidding. Jesse was right too.
A lot of girls were looking at Sunflower with curious eyes. Sunflower suddenly felt nervous but she managed to keep a straight face.
"You look so serious." Kate whispered to Sunflower. "That's exactly what i'm aiming for. I need to have a good first impression if i'm gonna become a proper woman." Sunflower looked at Kate with a plain face.
"You do you. I won't stop you." Kate patted her shoulder. Sunflower nodded and decided to pay close attention.
She had to have a good first impression. The lights turned off in the gymnasium, a spotlight was focused on the stage.
"Afternoon young ladies." An old lady would say as she stood on the stage. "This is the first day of the all-girls school. Your break is now over and you all shall focus on your studies. I believe Pigeon Ocean has three new students attending this year. Last year we had no luck in gaining any new students but this year our numbers have increased. I'd like to call up the following new students so we can all give them a warm welcome." The old lady would announce.
"Who's that?" Sunflower asked Kate. "That's the chairwomen, she must be treated with respect." Elisa glared at Sunflower.
"I'm sorry." Sunflower muttered. A teacher with black hair walked onto the stage. "I shall announce the three new students attending this year."
Sunflower sat straight. She was to be called up soon.
"May I please have May Cotter, Dia Wellner, and Sunflower Havenstar come up to the stage please." The teacher asked.
"I believe in you!" Kate thumbs up. Gabby smiled and placed her hand on Sunflower's shoulder. "I know you have the courage to do this."
Sunflower nodded and got up. She walked up to the stage. A girl with long black hair and glasses walked on the stage.
A short girl that was about Sunflower's size walked onto the stage. Sunflower took a deep breath before walking on the stage as well.
She stood tall proudly. This wasn't any different than meetings at the mansion. "These are your three new students of this school year." The teacher announced.
The school applaud. Sunflower stood in a line with May, and Dia. Dia glanced at Sunflower and looked away. Sunflower had recognized that hair from somewhere, but she couldn't put her mind to it because she had to focus. 
Sunflower kept a straight face. How long could she hold it? "I am Ms. Bird, the Culinary Arts teacher for each class. It's a pleasure to meet the new students." Ms. Bird looked down at them.
Sunflower nodded.
"I'll call you each one by one to grab these welcome sheets." Ms. Bird cleared her throat. "May, Cotter." The girl with the blonde pigtails walked over to Ms. Bird, grabbing the sheets.
May Cotter walked off the stage and went to her seat.
"Dia Wellner." Ms. Bird would say. Dia walked towards her and grabbed the sheets, she went to sit back down.
Sunflower was the remaining one. "Last but not least, Sunflower Havenster." Ms. Bird announced.
Sunflower walked on over to Ms. Bird. "I'm looking forward to teaching you if you sign up for my class. Have a great nice day Sunflower." Ms. Bird handed her the welcoming sheets.
Sunflower grabbed them and dipped her head. "Thank you." Sunflower would say before walked down the stage.
"That concludes the three new students of this school year. Let's move onto our newest additions to our school."
Sunflower made her way to her seat. She sat down in her seat. "You did good." Gabby smiled and patted her back.
"You dipped your head but I'll let this one slide."  Kate shrugged. "Thanks for your encouragement." Sunflower nodded.
"Anything for a friend." Gabby fufu'd.
Once the ceremony was over, Kate, Gabby, Sunflower and the other three girls went to the front of the school to check the classes.
Sunflower stood in front of the board, she looked for her name. There it was. Class A2. Her mother must've put her in the smart class.
She's heard of it many times before.
"Hey Sunflower, we're in the same class." Louise smiled and looked at her. Sunflower ignored her gaze.
She didn't want this, not today.
"Huh?" Louise frowned. "Wow, what a coincidence." A girl yawned.
"Hm?" Sunflower looked to the side.
"Ah! Erlen, this is truly a surprise." Louise smiled. "You must be Sunflower huh?" Erlen looked down at her. "Indeed, I am." Sunflower looked up to her.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Erlen." Erlen would say before looking around. "If you're looking for Gabby I saw her go to the Class B boards." Sunflower says.
"I didn't say I was looking for Gabby." Erlen's face had light pink blush. "Aw shocks. You two seem to be getting on track." Louise smiled. 
"Ah, so that's how people see it." Sunflower turned around and walked to the A2 zone. "Let's follow her." Louise says. "She seems chill." Erlen shrugged.
"Oh, you have no idea." Louise sighed.
Sunflower walked to the Class A zone. "Nice job at the ceremony." A girl would say as she walked past Sunflower.
Before she could say thank you the girl was gone. Mysterious. Sunflower turned her head to the side and spotted Jesse looking directly at her.
"Hm?" Sunflower's cheeks turned a light pink. "A-Ah! Looks like we're in the same class, huh?" Jesse smiled nervously.
"I-I suppose so." Sunflower looked at her. "So uhh. I know we've seen each other yesterday but are you working on your English writing?" Jesse asked.
"Yes, I know how to spell most of the words now without using my own family's fancy writing." Sunflower nodded.
"That's great! Maybe later I can help you study it more and help you recognize the letters." Jesse rubbed her back.
"I'd like that, but Jesse. I was wondering if you'd like to join the Culinary Arts class with me?" Sunflower asked.
"Sure! i'd love to." Jesse smiled.
Whenever I look at Jesse I become nervous, but not as nervous as before. I'm finally beginning to control my feelings. This whole 'love.' situation is finally gonna be over and i'll be able to focus on my surroundings more.
"How do you know about the Culinary Arts class?" Jesse asked curiously. "Well. In the mansion I'd usually help the head chef in the kitchen downstairs whenever I had my free time. The chef told me when I attend school I can choose the Culinary Arts class so I can work on my cooking more so I don't become rusty. In other words it's listed on the classes list on these welcoming sheets." Sunflower explained.
"Ah, I see." Jesse looked down at Sunflower. Sunflower looked up to her. After a few moments of silence Jesse looked away.
"L-Let's follow our classmates." Jesse walked on ahead. Sunflower followed her. Girls were glancing at her once again.
Two girls stopped in front of Sunflower. "How long are you staying?" One of the girls asked. Sunflower stopped dead in her tracks and looked at them.
"I am not certain." Sunflower cleared her throat. "Well. Me and Anju were just talking about you. You should join the Student Council." The girls smiled.
Sunflower looked around. "I'll consider it." Sunflower nodded. "Alright." The girls smiled once again.
"Now. If you'll excuse me. I'm gonna head on over to my class now." Sunflower started to walk off.
"She's so cool!" One of the girls squealed. Cool? I never knew someone could describe me with such words.
Sunflower caught up to Jesse. "Ah- I thought I lost you." Jesse chuckled nervously. "No, I just ended up talking to two girls." Sunflower looked up to Jesse.
"Don't go off again, alright?" Jesse huffed. I can't promise anything.
"Yeah, I won't." Sunflower nodded. "Good." Jesse smiled. Sunflower looked at Jesse again. Jesse looked down at her. "Why are you g-giving me those eyes?" Jesse stuttered.
"Am I cool?" Sunflower looked at her curiously. "Well.. yeah, you are cool." Jesse looked away.
"I've noticed that whenever I say these kinds of things you always look away with this flustered look, why is that?" Sunflower questioned her.
Jesse blushed. "I just have a hard time admitting things.. and I look away to avoid embarrassment." Jesse explained.
"Ah, I see. Even a gamer can feel embarrassment." Sunflower wondered out loud. "W-Well of course I feel emotions." Jesse scoffed.
"Heh." Sunflower smiled before having her straight face. Jesse sulked before they got into class. "Let's get those two seats by the window." Jesse grabbed her hand and brought her to them.
"Ah, we get a nice view." Sunflower looked out the window. Jesse let go of her hand, blush on her face.
"I'll sit right here." Sunflower sat down in a chair. "I'll sit behind you." Jesse nodded. Louise and Erlen made it to the class. "Ah, they're right there!" Louise would say before the two girls walked on over to them.
Louise sat in the seat beside Jesse. Erlen sat in the seat beside Sunflower. "This is quite new." Louise fufu'd.
"Yeah, I guess it is." Erlen yawned and closed her eyes. "Don't sleep on the first day here!" Louise nudged her.
"Relax. I'm not gonna." Erlen let out a sigh. Louise turned her head and looked at Jesse. "We don't usually talk with each other." Louise smiled.
"Yeah. I'll be glad to have another friend." Jesse stretched her arms. "Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Last year you were in C1. I'm surprised you're in A2." Louise chuckled.
"Ah- Y-You don't say." Jesse struggled to speak.
"Well, it is true." Erlen yawned.
"Well of course it is." Jesse sighed. "What classes are you gonna pick?" Louise asked. Sunflower glanced at her before glancing away.
"I'm not sure." Sunflower shrugged. Louise frowned before looking at her desk. Whenever I look at her, I just feel this hatred. She looks exactly like Lottie.
I just can't blame her for this, but she looks exactly her. I can't keep avoiding her.
Sunflower stared out the window.
I hope this day brings joy.