Chapter 2

Sunflower awoken from her sleep, she stretched her arms. The sunlight blinded her as she approached the closet.
She wasn't very familiar with the way closets work, since the maids always chose her clothing. She opened the closet and looked at her clothes.
She got to choose what she would wear. She didn't need her 'servants' to do it. Sixteen entire years of hatred and isolation. Am I even sixteen? I'm sure that I'm maybe seventeen? 
They trapped her in that life, but now she had a new one. So she was free until she got sent back.
Sunflower grabbed her clothes and walked out her room. A door opened from the right side.
Sunflower looked to the side. Kate emerged from the bathroom. Her hair was damp and she had a white t-shirt on, where her hair was the shirt was slightly gray from the wetness.
"Oh hey! You can use the shower now." Kate smiled and walked downstairs.
Sunflower slowly made her way to the so-called 'shower.'
She opened the door and spotted an odd construction.
Sunflower heard of a shower before its where water sprinkles all over you.
Sunflower only took baths. She closed the bathroom door and eyed the shower. She would call for assistance but she didn't need anyone's help.
She did but she didn't need it at the same time. Sunflower walked over to the shower. She looked at the red and blue marks on the silver handle.
She walked in the shower and touched the silver handle. Confused. She turned the handle and water splashed all over her outfit.
She immediately turned the handle. "Mmm.." Sunflower sulked as she looked at her wet clothes.
She sighed before taking off her shirt and pants. She grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her waist. She took the elastic out of her hair and untangled her braid.
She looked in the mirror. She took off her sunflower clipping and put it on the counter.
Her long blue curly hair is why everyone thinks she beautiful right? Sunflower took off her remaining clothes and went in the shower.
.
She finished showering.
Sunflower put on her clothes, she let her hair dry naturally.
When it was dry enough she braided her hair.
She walked out of the bathroom. She put the towel around her neck before going downstairs.
"You took kinda long, or is that how long you shower?" Kate asked. "I didn't have a shower before. This was my first time." Sunflower would say.
"Eh!?" Gabby was shocked. "You've been living for sixteen years and you've never had a shower before?" Kate was clearly shocked.
"Is it a bad thing? I only ever took baths." Sunflower mumbled.
"N-No, it's fine. By the way.. you look pretty with your hair down." Kate chuckled. Sunflower looked at her. "Thank you."
"Sunflower, come with me. I'll bring you to the staff room. You can change into your Café outfit." Gabby grabbed her hand and brought her through a door.
Sunflower nodded. Gabby brought her a white apron and a blue shirt. "Do I wear these?" Sunflower asked.
"Yep, just come out when you're done." Gabby closed the door. Sunflower looked at her clothes she started to take them off.
She put on the blue shirt, and not soon after that she put on the apron. She stretched her arms before walking to a mirror.
She started to braid her hair. She tied her hair up with a black elastic before looking at herself in the mirror.
She looked at her clothing. She actually looked pretty. Sunflower posed in front of the mirror. Her outfit made her look amazing.
"You done yet-." Kate peeked through the door and immediately closed it. Sunflower looked to the side. Was there someone there?
Sunflower shrugged it off and walked out of the staff room. Her eyes narrowed to a fangirling Gabby and a blushing Kate.
"You look gorgeous!" Gabby squealed. "I do?" Sunflower had a look of confusion. "Of course you do! Don't you think so Kate?" Gabby smiled widely as she turned to the side.
"Y-Yep!" Kate finger guns before walking to the counter in a embarrassed state.
Sunflower looked around. "When do people come? Is there an average ammount of people that come as time progresses?" Sunflower asked Gabby.
"People usually come by at 10am but since its almost 10am I am guessing that someone will come any second. Tell me Sunflower, how would you greet someone?" Gabby asked.
Sunflower thought for a moment. She already did it last night but yesterday she got an impression from Kate when I arrived here.
"Welcome." Sunflower pointed out. "And?" Gabby examined her carefully. "Sit down." Sunflower wondered.
"Close enough. You ask the person to sit down and also ask what they'd like after a few short minutes when they sit." Sunflower nodded to every word.
"Me and Kate will get the beverages ready. When the costumer comes in don't hesitate. Remember, stay confident." Gabby walked over to the counter.
"You'll need this flower." Kate threw a little notepad and a pencil. The notepad and the pencil fell on the ground.
"Flower?" Sunflower would say confused. "It's your nickname. I hope you like it." Kate smiled. Sunflower grabbed the notepad and the pencil.
Sunshine..
Sunflower shook her head. Now wasn't the time for self pity it was time to work. Sunflower heard the door open it.
"Welcome." Sunflower would say with a plain face as she greeted a mysterious women with some sort of odd clothing.
"Come and have a seat." Sunflower pulled a chair for the mysterious woman to sit on. "Thanks." A quiet voice responded.
Sunflower would question the suspicious figure but she didn't wanna have a bad impression for meddling into peoples business.
She stood at the table. Did she have to wait? She glanced at Gabby and Kate. They both had a weird look on their faces. Am I doing something wrong?
"W-Why are you standing there like that?" The girl says in a nervous manner. Sunflower looked down at her. "I'm just waiting for your order." Sunflower would say.
"Aren't you supposed to ask a customer for their order?" The girl muttered slightly. "Oh hey. You're right, what do you wanna get?" Sunflower asked.
"I'd like a black coffee please." The girl would say as she shifted in her chair. "I'll get to it." Sunflower walked on over to the counter.
"Wait." The woman would say nervously. "What?" Sunflower turned around curiously. "When you take an order your supposed to write it down on that paper and give it to the people at the counter." The woman corrected.
"Oh. thanks for pointing that out." Sunflower wrote 'black coffee.' in her family's way of fancy writing. Well, that's nice that people are telling me how to do my job.
"You don't happen to be the new girl that came into town yesterday, right?" The girl asked curiously. "Yes. I am new here." Sunflower dipped her head and walked to the counter. What's up with that? Yes, I am new but why is it so odd for people around here?
She was greeted by a cringing Kate and a disapproving Gabby.
"Sunflower- enough with the dipping. This isn't royalty." Kate sighed as she put her hand on her face. "I was living in a mansion for sixteen years and with no communication with the outside world. I come from a wealthy family of successful hardworking people, and you have the right to tell me I can't dip my head when I've been doing it my whole life?" Sunflower shot Kate a fierce look.
"I-I didn't mean to-." Kate chuckled nervously. "Enough with this. Sunflower, what did that person order?" Gabby changed the subject as she looked at Sunflower.
"Oh, the piece of paper I was supposed to give you." Sunflower ripped it off of the notepad before placing it on the counter.
Gabby and Kate looked at the paper. Their facial expressions changed smug. "Huh? what's wrong?" Sunflower looked at them with a confused look.
"What kind of writing is this?" Kate looked at her, a shocked expression. "It's my family's fancy writing that was passed down many generations." Sunflower explained.
"Y-Yeah? what does it say?" Gabby looked at her nervously. "It says black coffee." Sunflower answered her.
Kate immediately turned around and started getting the coffee ready.
"Can you not understand my writing? did I spell it wrong? I've been taught to write in it ever since I was a kid, I couldn't of possibly gotten a spelling mistake." Sunflower looked at the piece of paper curiously.
"No, it's not those things. We just don't learn fancy writing at the school, we learn French and Spanish, but I've never heard of that." Gabby would say.
"Eh?" Sunflower tilted her head.
Gabby had a serious look appear on her face.
"What languages can you all write in?"
"I only write in Fetire. It's my family's writing way." Sunflower pointed out.
"Eh- Can you not write in English?!" Gabby was drawn back, clearly shocked.
"I am willing to learn it, if you one of you would be nice enough to teach me." Sunflower dipped her head. "Again with the head!" Kate groaned as she put the black coffee on a silver tray.
"G-Go give this to that costumer." Gabby cleared her throat as she held the tray handing it to Sunflower. Sunflower nodded and brought the tray to the girl.
"Here you go." Sunflower placed the tray on the table. "Thank you.." The girl took a sip of her coffee.
 The woman shook, quite startled. Sunflower became frightened, her elbow knocking the hat off of the woman's head. Her hat fell off of her head. Sunflower looked at the exposed girl.
She had orange short hair with a pair of goggles on her forehead. Her eyes were a sunny-yellow.
"Louise?" Kate gasped as she made her way to the blushing orange-head. "A-Ah, fancy meeting you here." Kate scratched the back of her neck as blush appeared on her cheeks.
"Y-Yeah.. I don't usually come here.. I was just stopping by to see you and Gabby. This must be the new girl you were texting me about." Louise looked at Sunflower.
"Though.. I can't really tell how you didn't notice me when I first came in..?"
Sunflower stopped dead in her tracks.
She looks like Lottie! Her face, her cheeks, her hair, her body, she's exactly the same! Except her eyes aren't yellow and she may not be fully developed in the chest area.
Bloody hell. I thought I was done with that? I was sent away with a purpose to get rid of these horrid and traumatizing memories. Now they've just came back.
"Sunflower? are you alright? You seem pale." Gabby frowned as she looked at the girl.
"I-It's nothing." Sunflower clenched her fist as she turned around. "I'm gonna wait for the other customer." Sunflower dismissed herself from the three girls.
"I know she's just new but I think she has a lot to say. I can feel it that she's lonely." Louise says with a worried smile.
"We've just met her but I know that we'll all get things working out." Kate smiled as she glanced down at Louise.
"Looks like some things haven't changed." Kate teased as she poked the girls cheek. Louise looked away, sulking. "Geez! Kate.." Louise slightly sulked.
Sunflower sat at the far end table. she played with the napkins that were on the table. Only one customer so far.
This 'Louise.' girl is exactly like her. Except the quiet gimmick.. she may be like her but she isn't her. No matter how many times I try and let go of the past I can't seem to do it.
Everyone tells me to move on but she's always there, and now it just feels like she's following me everywhere. It's like I am being punished more. Wasn't his death more of a punishment?
Remember your objective, you were sent away for a good reason. To find yourself and learn from the mistakes you've made. You need to understand and go back home where I can finish my studies and become a proper woman.
Sunflower placed her hands on her head.
This is all just so complicated!
Sunflower thrashed around before she heard the door open. She immediately fixed her posture and turned her head to look at the person.
Sunflower recognized this girl. It's the girl from yesterday, the girl with the light brown hair and black headphones.
She was the one who gave me that weird vibe.
Seeing her up-close now just makes my stomach feel tingly..
Is this anger or am I just annoyed? Could this possibly be admiration? This tingly feeling is making my stomach all fluttery. I don't even know her.
Why am I building up on my anger and annoyance?
"Welcome." Sunflower muttered.
"H-Hey!" The light-brown haired girl blushed. "Come have a seat here." Sunflower pointed at a table.
The girl nodded furiously before sitting down. "Call me when your ready to make your.. order thing." Sunflower would say.
"H-Hold on now.. I-I was wondering I-If you'd wanna t-talk for a bit y'know?" Sunflower felt her heart throb as she looked at the girl.
Is this what hatred feels like? Why do I feel so annoyed- is this even annoyance? I somehow kinda feel.. happy. It's odd.
Sunflower turned back around. "Sure then." She sat down.
"Y'know.." The girl cleared her throat. "I came all the way here from the apartments just to see you." The girl had a genuine smile appear on her face.
"Why me specifically?" Sunflower questioned. "W-Well-..." The girl rubbed on her arm. "When I saw you at the train station I just had this odd feeling.. but hey, I forgot. My name is Jesse." Jesse smiled.
"My name is Sunflower Havenster." She'd shift in her seat. "Havenster? You come from a rich family don't you?" Jesse smiled.
"Yes I do. I just don't like talking about my family as much.. Please change the subject Jesse." Sunflower muttered a she gave her a low stare.
"R-Right! So, what brought you to Pigeon Ocean?" Jesse asked trying to act casual. "I don't wanna talk about it." Sunflower looked at her feet.
"I'm messing this up aren't I? But hey, don't you work here? I've always wanted to work at a Café." Jesse says as she glanced down at the menu.
"I've just started working here. Yesterday exact." Sunflower played with her hair. Jesse was actually interesting.. I just have this tight feeling in my chest.
I can't get rid of it. If I get away from this conversation. maybe I won't feel this.. emotion.
"Find out what you wanna order?" Sunflower questioned her.
"Indeed. I'll get water." Jesse pointed out.
Sunflower felt like she wanted to throw a one hundred thousand pound ball across the world and crush everyone.
Why was she feeling these emotions? "I'll get right on that."
Sunflower tapped on Kate's shoulder. "Psst. That customer wants water." Kate nodded. "Excuse me, Louise." Kate sat up and walked on over to the counter.
Sunflower was left alone with Louise. She felt her hands become sweaty, her knees were slightly trembling as she looked at Louise. 
"Something wrong?" Louise looked at her worriedly.
"Eh.." Sunflower shot Louise a weird look before she walked away.
No, it couldn't possibly her, it's not like she changed her identitiy and somehow followed me.
Sunflower grabbed the water from the counter and walked on over to Jesse.
"Here." Sunflower placed the water in front of her.
"Come sit." Jesse pulled a chair away for Sunflower to sit. Sunflower sat down on the chair. "What are your hobbies?" Jesse asked. "I just like cooking... and sitting by the ocean and other things." Sunflower looked at her hands.
"Oh- My hobbies are gaming out and playing sports with Aqua and Lavender." Jesse smiled, she looked down to the blue-haired girl before smiling.
"Hey, Sunflower." Jesse looked at her. Sunflower looked at her curiously.
"Smile more it looks good on you." Jesse smiled, a blush on her cheeks. 
"Heh." Sunflower looked to the side with a faint blush on her cheeks.
Wait- No, you can't let her take advantage of you. You can't let her.
"Well, yeah. Anyway, I hope you find your water good.. I just need to go- and work more." Sunflower sat up from the chair, hoping to walk away as soon as possible. 
"Wait!- Can we at least hang out sometime?" Jesse called out.
Sunflower turned her head and eyed her.
"I'll be spending my time over here at the Café as long as I am concerned. When this school starts I'll spend most of my time becoming a hardworking individual like my parents once were. I may not have time for friends or little side relationships."
Jesse had a frown appear on her face. "I know what you just said but- please consider it." Jesse forced a smile on her face with a beaten look.
"I'm sure my answer won't change." Sunflower dipped her head, leaving Jesse confused. 
She started to walk on over to the counter.
"Woah- Sunflower, I know of rejection but that was intense." Kate would say as she approached Sunflower, her hand was on her hip. 
"What I said was true. I may not have the time for friends.. but maybe I have the time when I'm not on duty or something.." Sunflower mumbled.
"When you were living at the mansion, you were always lonely weren't you?" Kate pressed in.
"I wouldn't say I was always lonely but I did have a friend once."
"Is this that Lottie girl?" Kate asked tilting her head to the side in a curious manner.
Sunflower whipped her head around and glared at her dead in the eye.
"Don't say that name ever again. She's the reason I left.. and how everything went wrong." 
Her voice was slightly raised she had a look of anger on her face.
Gabby, Louise and Jesse looked at the counter confused. "I'm sorry. I won't do it again." Kate looked down at the ground.
"Everything alright here?" Gabby asked worriedly. "I don't know if this is aloud but i'm going to my room. Somewhere where I won't be reminded of that terrible name." Sunflower walked to the stairs.
"She's a tough one." Louise would say with a frown. "I think she's just afraid of being lonely.. I also wonder what happen between her and that Lottie.. She seems pretty.. angry about it." Kate wondered.
"Why don't we do something to make her feel better?" Gabby clapped her hands together. "Let's think." Louise grabbed a notebook from the bag.
"So what do we know now?" Louise put the pen on her chin. "Sunflower doesn't like being lonely." Kate pointed.
"Mmhm." Louise wrote it down.
"She's had a bad experience with a girl named Lottie.." Gabby would say. "Mmhm." Louise wrote it down.
"She doesn't seem to smile much." Kate would say. "Yep," Louise wrote it down. "She says things with confidence and no fear."  Gabby thought out loud.
"Yepp.." Louise wrote it down.
"I think we all know that she's just lonely and she needs friends. Apparently she's had a bad past with a girl named Lottie that we know nothing of but she caused everything to go wrong and that's why she left. So.. from what we've summarized, I believe that we can't let Sunflower be lonely any longer. She must meet new people and learn how to not keep her emotions bottled up inside.  Do you know what i'm getting at?" Louise shot a look at Kate and Gabby.
"Yeah..?" Kate tilted her head. Gabby looked around. "The wood is made of wood."
Louise sulked before looking at them. "She HAS to meet new people so that's why the answer Is bringing our friends here so she can meet them."
"h-" Kate finally understood. "So that means Kate can invite Erlen?" Gabby would say dreamily.
"Oh no, no, no, no. You're gonna invite her. I've had enough of doing it for you. You talk to her everyday yet you can't even call her." Kate scoffed.
"Come on... you already know why I can't.." Gabby had a faint blush on her cheeks as she frowned. "Is it because of your little crush on her?" Kate teased the girl.
"D-Don't say it out loud.. Jesse is still here." Gabby muttered. "Indeed, I am." Jesse cleared her throat.
Kate, Louise, and Gabby looked at each other before looking at Jesse with a smug look. "You sure did have an interest in Sunflower." Kate would say out loud.
"M-Me?" A streak of red developed on her face. "She does look pretty.." Gabby pointed out.
"Oh? I wonder.. who will we all invite to this get-together so they can get to know Sunflower more?" Louise put her finger on her chin.
"It's gonna be hard gathering up the rest of the girls.. We've been separated for so long I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show up." Kate chuckled.
Jesse sulked and looked at them with pleading eyes. "Can I go? I-I mean.. we're all friends right?" Jesse pressed in.
"Hmm.." Gabby looked at Kate and Louise. "Why not?" Kate smiled. "Thank you! I owe you a lot." Jesse had a big smile on her face.
"Oh! Should I invite Lavender?" Louise asked the girls.. "Lavender? is she back?" Kate pressed.
Louise looked at her and blinked. "Yes. She came back. Though I am still confused on why she left in the first place, some type of drama or something."
"We should invite her then. Even though she's a big pervert I don't think she'd bug Sunflower." Kate smiled.
"Yep." Louise's eyes narrowed to Jesse. "Jesse, tell me.. Are you gonna invite someone?" Louise tilted her head.
"I-I mean.. If I'm aloud in all.." Jesse mumbled. "Well of course you are. This is Sunflower we're talking about. We haven't had anyone new here in a decade. This is a special moment to all of the citizens of Pigeon Ocean." Louise pointed out.
"I honestly agree with her. I mean, come on. When will Pigeon Ocean be good enough to get more attention?" Kate yawned and stretched her arms.
"This is a good and peaceful place. Our town is quite poor compared to the others but we still have to spend our time wisely here. We may never know when everything will vanish." Gabby frowned.
"Enough of this topic. I was thinking we should invite Aqua." Kate flexed and smiled. "If Aqua does come she'll just keep challenging you Kate. We all know that." Jesse mumbled.
"She's quite charming when she meets gentle women." Gabby pointed out. "Yeah, like that one time when she met Elisa for the first time. She was gentle and caring.." Louise says with a smile.
"That.. uhh- was a pretty interesting day if I do recall?" Kate says with a nervous smile on her face. "None of us like bringing it up so let's just ignore that." Gabby smiled
"Whatever. I still think we should call her out of this." Jesse sulked. "Is it because you're jealous of her?" Gabby asked.
"N-No! Nothing but that.. She just always teases me.. and we always end up bickering or something." Jesse muttered. "We'll make sure she stays away from you. I'm just thinking that she'll be too busy since she is always coaching for sports."
"Call her and ask her." Kate shrugged. Louise nodded and whipped out her phone. "I wanna go and check on Sunflower." Gabby would say as she walked to the stairs. "Alright! we'll get everything ready." Kate called out.
Gabby walked up the stairs. I wonder who will all show up? I sure do hope Erlen shows up, she makes me all bubbly and happy. 
Gabby reached Sunflower's bedroom. The door was slightly opened. She heard quiet soft sniffing coming from the opening.
"Sunflower..?" Gabby took a peek through the door. She felt saddened once she saw the girl sitting by the window. Her eyes were watery and it looked like she was in a terrible state.
Gabby fought back the urge to go and comfort her but she stayed back. She may not wanna talk.. we've just met so what's the point in rushing?
But she is in pain right now.. and all she needs is a good friend right? Gabby stopped herself from going.
She'll tell us what's going on soon enough. She'll have to eventually. Gabby walked away. I still feel guilty for doing this, but she needs her space and we can't always be in her business all the time..
Gabby walked down the stairs. "Oh Gabby! Aqua can't come because she is busy teaching her sisters baseball. Is Sunflower doing okay?" Louise asked.
"Well- yeah, she is." Gabby smiled. "Great! So, can you contact Erlen now?" Louise asked. Gabby felt her heart skip a beat. "Y-Yeah, I'll try." Gabby nodded nervously.
I sure do hope Sunflower will tell us everything eventually.