Chapter 35

"Lavender- is so bad. She's just makes me so mad." Kate clenched her fist, she looked at the ground. 
Sunflower felt like she had to defend Lavender. "No, you're wrong. Lavender is sweet and caring- she's not bad." She says, defending the girl. 
"You don't know that, you weren't there back then. You don't know anything." Kate shook her head, giving Sunflower a mean look. 
Sunflower was about to clap back a reply before Kate interrupted her. 
"No, you literally don't know anything. You can't talk like you know what she all did. Lavender and Amanda would always bully us, each and every one of us." Kate had a furious look on her face. 
"You can't say it isn't true, because we experienced it- and we believe it. Lavender would always talk about us, she and Amanda would always target me- she blackmailed us so much times. She- made my whole school year a living hell." Kate looked at her hands. 
"N-No, she isn't like that..." Sunflower was drawn back. She didn't believe it. Kate was speaking lies. "Lavender is nice and she wouldn't do that!" Sunflower shot back. 
"You don't even know Lavender like I do- like we do!" Kate's voice cracked. "You weren't there back then to witness it but even if you did you would think she's a bad person- she really is! You have to believe me." Kate had a frown. 
Sunflower stared at Kate in disbelief. She looked at the other girls. Gabby had a saddened look, Elisa had a pissy look while Erlen was troubled. 
"It's true, none of us wanted to bring it up since we thought you'd see us all different." Gabby frowned. 
"I'm not who you think I am, nor Erlen, nor Elisa.. even Lavender. I hate to admit it but we done some bad things too." Gabby looked at the ground. 
"I agreed to being Lavender's friend because I thought she- was actually serious about it, but knowing what is happening now- makes me see her differently y'know? People aren't who you think they are." Gabby tugged at her chest, looking at the ground with watery eyes. 
"I could say she improved, but she has a serious dark side." Elisa says as she shakes her head. 
"She was never loyal, I can't say that she faked this whole friendship.. but somehow I believe it. I should never have trusted her.." Kate mumbled. 
Sunflower felt the rage inside her burn. She clenched both of her fists and looked at Kate. 
"You're wrong! Lavender would never do that, I could see that- with the sincere and lost-... look in her eyes- I don't believe it! You see Lavender like everything she did was bad, she has a good side not just a bad side! I don't know what happen between all of you, but I can tell her friendship isn't fake." Sunflower's heart was beating fast, she was trembling. 
She had dangerous eyes as she glared at Kate. 
Sunflower's eyes watered. "She isn't like that!" She yelled once again. Sunflower looked at the ground with a guilty sorrowful look, she turned around. 
She went past Elisa and walked outside, she started to walk away from the Café. 
Erlen sighed and looked at the ground. "She had to find out one day." 
.
Now that you think about it, me and Kate never really argued before. If we did argue before, it was probably because of a silly reason.
I never had that big of a fight with Kate before, me and Kate were always on good terms. 
Kate was always friendly, but seeing her like that kinda scared me. Since Kate is taller, she is more intimidating than everyone else, but she had this scary look.
I wonder if she always had looks like that back then?
How long did they plan on keeping all these big things a secret from me? Why did it have to be a big secret? 
Gabby mentioned not to long ago, It's true, none of us wanted to bring it up since we thought you'd see us all different.
Even if I see them different, that wouldn't change my feelings of gratitude towards them. They helped me with my problems with Mother, Father, Dia and Lottie. 
I have mixed feelings about this whole situation, but now I feel like forgiving Kate. Kate helped me a lot and I wouldn't wanna ruin that bond over some drama. 
I owe a lot to Kate, but there isn't really nothing I could give her but my appreciation. 
Sunflower grabbed her phone from her pocket, she even helped me with this. 
Sunflower frowned, a beatened look came across her face. 
"What are you doing over here?" 
She looked up to see Jesse looking down at her, she had light blush on her cheeks. She had a plastic bag with her.
"Well.." Sunflower looked at the ground. "Did Kate try and kiss you again?" Jesse sat beside her, putting the bag on the ground as she sat down.
"No.. it's not that.." Sunflower sighed. 
"Did you steal Kate's phone and come all the way here?" Jesse tilted her head to the side and looked at Sunflower.
Sunflower shook her head. "I got this yesterday." She gave the phone to Jesse. 
Jesse had a shocked look on her face. "You actually got one?" 
"Yeah, everyone was kinda complaining that I didn't have one so I just decided to get it. It seems more simple.. and I feel like i'm missing out on the trends." Sunflower explained. 
"Nothing much to miss out on other than our random talks online." Jesse reached in for the plastic bag, grabbing two drinks. 
She handed Sunflower a drink. "Thanks." 
"No problem." Jesse opened her drink and took a sip. Sunflower looked at the canned juice, she was confused. 
"How am I supposed to open this?" Sunflower looked at Jesse with a frown. "Look, you put your finger in this circle and pull up." Jesse explained as the can made a popping noise. 
"Ah, I see. Thank you Jesse." Sunflower nodded to Jesse. 
They both took sips from the drinks and looked at the sky. "It's really nice out, though it has been kinda chilly lately. I expected it to snow here but Pigeon Ocean doesn't get snow." Jesse explained. 
"I never really saw snow before but I heard it was cold and white." Sunflower points out. "I saw it before, but that was when me and my aunties went on a road trip." Jesse explained. 
"I have aunts named Brook and Cadenza but I haven't seen them in a long time." Sunflower took another sip from her drink, she started to sweat from the blazing sun.
"It's getting pretty hot.." Jesse looked at the ground with blush on her face. Sunflower looked at her in a curious way. 
"Do you wanna come visit?" Jesse asked her. 
.
Sunflower realized Jesse lived below Lavender. That would explain when she came to Lavender's apartment so fast. On that one day when they hung out.
"It's really not much but I find it relaxing." Jesse unlocked her door with her key, the door creaked open. 
Sunflower walked inside. This is Jesse's house? She looked around. There was a living room with a marble counter that lead to the kitchen. 
The living room was small with a medium-sized couch, a coffee table in front of the couch. In the left corner, the kitchen was there. There was a stove that had a modern texture, beside it was a fridge and a sink. 
There was three rooms in the hallway, a creepy looking closet at the end too.
Sunflower walked to the hallway, she opened the bathroom. 
"No way, you have a bath?" Sunflower frowned. 
"Yeah, the bath also has a shower too." Jesse says as she points at the shower head. Sunflower was amazed, they had these? 
She really did miss out on everything, she still wondered when they developed cars. It was a secret she would never found out. 
Jesse held her hand and brought her to the couch. She put both of her hands on Sunflower's shoulders and plopped her down. 
Jesse sat beside her, she took a deep breath before looking at Sunflower with serious eyes. 
"Did you and Kate have a fight?" Jesse asked her. 
Sunflower frowned and looked at the ground. "Yeah.. it was a pretty big one too." Sunflower sighed.
"Wanna talk about it?" Jesse scooted closer to her, tilting her head to the side to look at the girl. 
Sunflower was hesitant before she realized she could trust Jesse with this. 
Jesse would never snitch. 
"Well... earlier it started out as a good day. Me, Kate and Gabby all had a shower together like the usual, but when we had breakfast Kate and Gabby kept asking me who I was all hanging out with yesterday. They said me you and Lavender were a threesome or a polyamory or something like that.. but me and Kate started arguing, and when it was revealed who me and Lavender were with.. Kate started yelling and getting mad at me, saying Lavender was bad. I didn't believe her so I started to yell back.." 
Sunflower was hesitant but she continued speaking. 
"She told me Amanda and Lavender would always bully them back then but I didn't believe anything she said and started to defend Lavender. I'm still reflecting off everything they said though, if Lavender was a good person or not. I think she is, but that's the problem.. she's been so nice and generous to me I didn't even bother to think she was bad or anything. Half of me believes she did it to be sincere and the other half is the belief she was just faking it the whole time. I'm having mixed feelings right now that I can't get rid of... which is why..." Sunflower looked at Jesse. 
The girl had an angry but saddened look. 
"This may be a sensitive and stupid question to ask but.. what did Lavender and Amanda all do to you? You're the only one I can trust right now." Sunflower frowned with a worried look as she asked Jesse. 
Jesse had a reluctant look, she was full of hesitation. "Well.." Jesse muttered. She looked at the ground, she started to pick at the couch with her left hand. 
"Lavender wasn't very nice, before the eight of us became friends she always used to bully us. I remember this one time when Lavender and Amanda were beating up Louise in the hallways, I didn't know what to do back then so I just passed by them. I also remember seeing Kate and Amanda punching each other.. Lavender had this satisfied look in her eyes like she was a psychopath or something. When Erlen transferred, Lavender blackmailed her and would sometimes spread rumours about her. Kate was kinda the same too, like a bully.. Lavender and Amanda had the most drama with Kate, often getting her suspended. Kate and Amanda would always hit each other, like they were rivals. Lavender had a thing for using people and manipulating them for her own good, hard to actually believe she's changed." Jesse explained, she had a guilty look on her face. 
Sunflower found it all hard to take in. She was speechless. 
"There is more messed up things the two of them did, but I don't wanna say any of them." Jesse had a shady look on her face.
All of that couldn't be a lie could it? 
Sunflower looked at the ground, a saddened look on her face. Jesse glanced at her, she stood up from the couch. 
How could Lavender do something like that? She must've had a good reason, was it for her own satisfaction or because she was letting out all her ange- huh?
Jesse was behind Sunflower, hugging her from behind. Sunflower's face heated up. 
"Y'know, I hate that feeling of sadness. I don't want you to feel sad because of what we experienced. It was all in the past and i'm sure we could all let it go soon." Jesse explained. 
Sunflower was hesitant, she reached for Jesse's hand. She felt their fingers intertwine, her hand was soft and warm, Sunflower felt comforted. 
Her hands started to sweat as the seconds went by, Sunflower found her heart pounding with a butterfly sensation rising in her stomach.
Sunflower found the feeling entrancing, she felt like this was her own little fantasy. 
"Jesse.." Sunflower whispers. "Yes?" Jesse questioned as she looked down at their hands. 
"J-Jesse.. my heart is pounding.. why do I feel so nervous when I'm around you?" Sunflower had blush on her face as she spoke. 
She felt her hands be squeezed. 
"These feelings.. are entrancing. I always feel this way when i'm around you, I always feel like embracing you.. holding you tight. It's selfish of me.. but I can't help but have these fantasies of having you all to myself. Seeing you with everyone else, makes my chest tight.. these feelings hurt me so much. I keep wondering how they can stay this long.." Sunflower says her shoulders tensing, blush on her face. 
"I-I can't explain these feelings.. but I feel like.. it's real.." Sunflower spoke her heart pounding from the sensation.
Jesse turned her head, Sunflower turned her head. The two girls made direct eye contact, their faces were reddened with blush. 
They stared at each other, a few centimeters away from each other. Sunflower got goose bumps all over her body, let alone only by her stare. 
Her yellow eyes were beautiful, she felt she could stare into her eyes all day. Her brown hair, her bangs covering her face. 
Sunflower couldn't fight back the temptation. She turned her body to the side, she put her hands on Jesse's shoulders. 
Jesse's eyes widened. 
She pulled Jesse down, hugging her girl. "E-Eh-." The two girls fell on the couch. Sunflower embraced the girl. 
Jesse hugged her back, pulling her closer. "Is this love? Or is this another feeling.." Sunflower says as she hugged Jesse tighter. 
She didn't think of anything. All she could think of was Jesse's embrace. 
"I'm not sure..." Jesse says as her face became red. Sunflower let go of Jesse, she moved to the side.
She pinned Jesse to the couch. Jesse looked at Sunflower, her face red with blush. 
She's so pretty..
Sunflower intertwined her fingers with Jesse's, she looked at Jesse. Her eyes shining. The two girls stared at each other. 
Sunflower leaned down slowly. Jesse's eyes gleamed, she accepted it. 
She was about to lean closer before she heard a beep from her phone. The two girls got startled. 
Sunflower's face was red, she sat on Jesse. She grabbed her phone from her pocket. 
She immediately frowned. 
"Gabby sent me a message, she said Kate and Amanda are causing trouble." Sunflower frowned. 
Jesse had a troubled expression. "We have to break them up, who knows what Kate will do this time." Jesse frowned. 
I expected more of this scene, but our friends need us.