Chapter 9

"Why don't you like me?" Louise blurted out as she stared at Sunflower. Sunflower stiffened in place, it has come to this has it?
"Uhm.." Sunflower looked at the ground, scratching her chin in a nervous matter.
"I want to know why you never bother to talk to me.. why you always ignore me.. why you always avoid me.." Louise had a saddened gaze.
Sunflower remained quiet, she can't do this. "Why?" Louise raised her voice nervously. Sunflower backed away from her, quite startled. "I.. I just.." Sunflower looked at her once again.
The same face... The same eyes... The same everything. Who wouldn't be afraid?
"I just.. you remind me of someone I knew in my past life.." Sunflower muttered in an indistinct voice as her gaze became slightly gray.
Louise stared at her, her eyes were watery and glossy.
"You have the same hair, same eyes, same skin, same cheeks, same everything. It makes me.. it hurts me when I see you because you're exactly like her.." Sunflower's eyes became watery, a hint of pain and hollowness appeared.
"So that's why you don't wanna be friends? It's because I look like someone you miss?"
"No! It's not that! I hated her, the girl you look like ruined everything for me.. whenever I look at you it just reminds me of all the horrible things she's made me do.." Warm tears went down her eyes. Why do I feel so bad? Why do I feel so horrible about myself?
"Heh.. It's probably best if I stay away from you then huh? This whole time you had a reason to ignore me but I made you feel worse by trying to be your friend." Louise had a few tears going down her eyes, the poor girl had felt bad.
"Don't say that. I want you to be my friend but - you're just exactly like her. I tell myself that it's not your fault and that I shouldn't be ignoring you but my weak side just takes over me." Sunflower placed her hands on her head, looking down.
"I'm sorry for the pain i've caused you.. it's all my fault.." Louise cried out. Sunflower immediately looked up.
"No! it's not your fault, it never was your fault. It's all me. If I hadn't made friends with that horrible person than we would've been just fine. It's me! it's all me.. I'm such a horrible person." Sunflower had a pained gaze.
"Don't say that- you're not a horrible person." Louise placed her hand on her shoulder. "I-I am a horrible person! I-I.. I-I'm the one who causes everything to go wrong! L-Lottie told me that.. it's all my fault that boy fell off.. it's all my fault my father is gone.. it's all my fault our family has a bad reputation.. it's all my fault.. I'm so horrible.." Sunflower brought her legs close to her chest, crying into her knees.
"Sunflower, don't say that! You're not horrible, you're an amazing person- better than I could ever be." Louise placed her hands on Sunflower's shoulders.
"I am horrible.." Sunflower cried into her hands.
Louise hugged her tightly, she rested her head on Sunflower's head. Louise started to rub her back. "Look.. I want us to start being friends. Even though I look like the person you hate the most, that won't stop me from wanting to be your friend. I'll keep my distance. I'll make sure whatever I do makes you comfortable because I don't want you to hate me." Louise ran her hand through Sunflower's hair.
"You don't have to stay away from me Louise. I'll manage myself, I'll make sure i'm happy around you and if I feel sad I'll tell you. Alright?" Sunflower hugged her back.
"Yeah.. yeah, that's fine. As long as we can be friends." Louise fell onto her side. Sunflower laid beside her on her bed.
They faced each other on the bed. Louise grabbed Sunflower's hands and held them. Tears went down her eyes as she smiled.
"I'm happy we got this over with!" Louise smiled, her eyes were closed. She was smiling but despite that tears went down her cheeks
"Don't cry.. it's alright." Sunflower scooted closer to Louise.
Their foreheads touching. Who knew this type of thing was supposed to happen?
Sunflower wiped her tears. "I wanna be close friends with everyone. I wanna be close friends with you.. I just haven't realized that before.. After all, I've just been so blind to those around me I hardly paid any attention." Sunflower whispered.
"I'm glad you've made that promise. It makes me so happy." Louise smiled as she wiped more of her tears.
Kate slammed the door open. The seven girls looked down at them. "We heard crying and yelling from downstairs, care to explain what's happening?" Kate looked down at them. Sunflower and Louise sat up.
Sunflower looked at her hands.
Louise rubbed on her arm. "We were just talking." Louise fiddled with her hands. Kate and everyone else sat beside them on the bed.
"Sunflower.." Kate would say softly. Sunflower turned her head slowly, while wiping her tears.
The eight girls were looking at her. "We wanted to talk about this letter, we kinda all read it when I was snooping around so I'm to blame. We wanna know what's wrong." Kate soothed her voice.
Sunflower looked at the eight girls. Sunflower turned her head away. "Come on Sunflower." Louise put her hand on her shoulder.
Sunflower brings her legs close to her chest, she looked up facing the opposite way. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Lavender would say softly.
Sunflower stayed quiet for a few minutes before speaking up. "I.. I just.." Sunflower tugged at her clothing.
"I've just been having a hard time. Like how I've been sent away." Sunflower muttered lowly. "You got sent away so you could be a proper woman, am I correct?" Kate looked at her.
"Yeah, but there's more to it." Sunflower would say quietly.