Chapter 36

I didn't really know them. I didn't want to know them. I always kept to myself. Kate looked up from her desk, she looked around the classroom. 
Everyone was chatting. She looked back at the desk. I'm always going to be alone. 
"Hey, wanna be friends?" 
Kate looked up. She was looking at a girl. The girl had short dark black hair, her eyes were green. She had a big, white bow tie tied at the back of her head, she gave her a friendly smile.
"Don't you know the rumors? I'm a bully." Kate muttered as she stared at the girl.
"Hmm? Rumors? The rumors don't bother me because if they're rumors they couldn't be true." The girl smiled and giggled. 
I thought she was my very first friend. 
Until I saw her jump out a window, looking down and seeing her body lay there.. 
Her fragile small body, scars were shown on her arm, her head was slightly twisted.
A pool of blood around her body, people running away, screaming, and taking pictures.
I don't remember much since I blacked out. 
But it was as if suicide was a thing for people to admire, it was as if it was for people to take pictures, record videos, and stare directly at the dead person in front of them, in vain. 
None of us speak of her name anymore. 
My past life wasn't great, it wasn't the best..
I got abused by my mother, every time I caused trouble, failed my test or exam, said something that triggered her to get angry, she'd hit me. 
She hit me almost every day, even at school, she was principal and always abused her power.
At the age of seven, she put my brothers up for adoption, my only hope at that time when everything started, all that bullshit and torture.
My dad didn't wanna put up with us, he left when my two brothers were born. 
The eight of us all had terrible lives. 
Gabby was always spoiled by her parents so she wanted to prove to the world that she was strong. She wanted to prove those wrong that a person with a weak body could be strong. 
She made a lot of friends with the intention of not getting too attached since she believed she would die one day. 
She eventually fell in love with one of her closest friends, which led her to the decision of trying her hardest to live longer. 
Gabby knew how tragic it would be, how much of a risk it would take to fall in love with someone, but that didn't stop her from finding what was true- what she believed was true. 
Jesse had it her hardest, she grew up believing she would never have friends.
Her parents always looked down on her, they often picked up fights, every single morning, night, and afternoon, they'd always go at it, screaming and yelling.
She tried her hardest to fill the emptiness and the sickening truth that no one would ever love her.
That all changed when she found out that even a horrible truth could be broken, she finally found the love she hoped for, her very own friends.
She got bullied during her school years, which lead her to having such great friends.
She fell in love with a girl not too long after. 
Jesse felt like her feelings were real, but she believed her love for the girl was unrequited. 
The girl always wondered when she felt the feelings of love and how they got to her, but things don't appear to be what they are. 
Who knew it'd lead to her to a bridge, troubled with her own feelings. 
Aqua always believed she was perfect, her parents always spoiled her.
She grew up believing she was better than everyone else, better at everything.
She often avoided the bad and paid attention to the good, she had these delusions for herself that made her want to be more selfish. 
She considered herself flawless, though the only flaw she ignored was not noticing the value little things could have. 
How much of a little thing could impact her everything. She started to change her ways, but she didn't feel satisfied with the results.
She didn't have everything she wanted, what she mainly wanted was a person she could rely on. Someone that wouldn't tell her aiming to be perfect was a bad selfish choice. 
Louise has always been alone, she didn't really want any friends due to her interest in planes, same went for Elisa since her parents were strict when it came to her piano lessons.
Elisa and Louise were sort of the same, but never bothered to acknowledge each other for their efforts. 
Louise was always scared to talk to people, but when Gabby and the others wanted to be her friend it all changed. 
Elisa would always hang out with Lavender in the past, she considered Lavender her only friend, so she clung to the girl. 
Around the time when Erlen came around, she had transferred from an academic school after meeting Gabby at an arcade, and of course other reasons.
Erlen was always outside in the streets, she had trouble with people around that time, so she cut her hair, people around Erlen always considered her a boy because of her short hair and her boyish attitude, she decided to keep it that way. 
Erlen would always get in trouble and often got in violent fights.
When she hit Gabby, the girl didn't show any single sign of anger, which confused Erlen.
Erlen was surprised, and shocked at how Gabby could still get hit and still want to be friends. After Gabby had told her of her condition, Erlen decided to protect her, to stay with her.
Erlen soon transferred to Gabby's school, meeting the new people over at the new place, made her realize how much she hated that part of herself, the part where she hurt, and injured people.
She started to fight Lavender not too long after since the girl was causing trouble for her.
Lavender knew certain things about her, which led to her blackmail.
After those incidents, she stopped fighting people for Gabby's sake. 
Lavender wasn't a very nice girl back then, it all started when she became friends with Amanda. Amanda was a terrible influence on her, often telling her to do certain things, body shaming her, controlling her, being overly obsessive, hurting her in certain ways that made Lavender want to listen to her. 
Lavender accepted it all, she didn't want to look like a burden, she wanted to be special, she didn't like the looks other people gave her, she just wanted to be on top.
Lavender didn't like hurting people at first, but she eventually found it amusing, she found a 'hobby' where she could feel better about herself and take out her anger on others.
Amanda just didn't like Kate, she didn't have any serious reasons of wanting to hurt her, it was all just natural hate.
Lavender often manipulated Amanda into hurting everyone, she manipulated Amanda in hurting Louise since she knew Kate had a thing for her. 
Amanda fought Kate on her own most of the time, at first Lavender had no intention of hurting Kate until the girl went too far and hurt Gabby. 
Lavender hated the feeling of Gabby getting hurt since she knew of her condition.
Lavender blackmailed Kate not to long after, which lead to Kate blacking out and hurting Gabby again. Lavender didn't care if Kate got hurt at that time, she enjoyed seeing the girl cry. 
After a lot of bickering, Lavender decided that using people was the best thing to do. 
She used Louise and blackmailed her, but she soon stopped after Jet's brother raped her. 
Lavender became emotionally unstable and tried to kill herself, around that time she stopped herself, because she wanted to change before she did it.
She told Amanda she didn't want to be friends anymore since she wanted to stop bullying people, Amanda got mad at her and stopped talking to her after that. 
Joice taught Lavender how to forgive and change her ways, Lavender considered Joice the bestest friend she ever had, the girl was nice to her.
Lavender asked Gabby and her friends to forgive her for everything she did, she didn't bother telling them about the rape situation, she just explained she wanted to change.
Lavender was happy that she got such loving friends, though she still hated her past life. 
She still had a part that still clung to her, her hatred of Kate. 
When Kate became friends with them, Lavender hated the feeling of being around her. 
When the nine of them became friends, they were all happy.
It all changed when Joice killed herself, nobody really knew the reason why, but how it all happened was a different story. 
Lavender had a bad day, after coming to realize she would never change, how she was always going to be a bad person, she wanted to die, all of those feelings came to her because she realized she was pregnant. 
Not knowing what to do, she never told her mom, she began to cut and hoped it was going to be alright, but of course it wasn't, Joice discovered her that day.
Joice and her mother took Lavender to the hospital, getting the help she needed.
Lavender was successfully not pregnant anymore, she didn't thank Joice for helping her, instead she lashed out at the girl, saying she didn't help, ranting about everything they've done and what she's done, she even told her to kill herself.
The day after that, Lavender wanted to apologize, but it was too late. 
After Joice's suicide, the eight friends rarely talked to each other after moving to Pigeon Ocean. 
Kate was there when Joice killed herself, she watched the girl jump out the window. 
Kate went after and almost jumped out the window, but Erlen and Jesse stopped her in time.
The only one who truly knew what happened, was Lavender. 
Lavender kept it to herself and decided to keep it a secret, she blamed Kate for the suicide, telling the girl it was all her fault Joice died, but in reality, Lavender was the one to blame.
She blamed Kate for not saving the girl in time, Lavender wanted to apologize, but she didn't get the chance, Joice was already gone.
The eight of them all drifted apart, but when Sunflower came around, Gabby wanted to everyone to be friends with her, to start again.
Erlen and Aqua were hesitant and Kate was anxious.
Everyone agreed to the idea though Erlen didn't wanna. 
The eight of them became friends with Sunflower.
Elisa didn't like her since she was jealous of her rich family and her figure, Erlen tried to avoid her, but she wanted to protect the girl from the dangers, after learning about her past. 

.