Chapter 45

Dia walked along the hallway, she kicked the door open with her shoe. The pests were all sleeping, she looked at them before going towards the curtains.
She spread open the curtains, making sure the sunlight reached into the room.
Some of them stirred and faced the other way.
Dia lost all patience, she went towards Kate. She kicked the girl in the stomach.
"Ooomph-." Kate woke up with her eyes widened, she held onto her stomach.
"What- What was- t-that for-." Kate trembled on the ground, before looking up with watery eyes.
"Rise and shine pest." Dia went to the other girls, shaking them awake.
"Why are you waking us up this early?" Kate growled as she looked at Dia.
"It's one pm. Everyone in this mansion wakes up around eight am in the morning every day. You've all been sleeping pretty long." Dia says as she looks down at them.
"You must be crazy to wake up that early in the morning." Erlen groaned and lay back down.
"Today, we're all going to go training. Get up and make sure to be ready in six minutes." Dia ordered the girls.
"I don't wanna wait for anyone." She had a stern look before walking out of the room.
Once she closed the door, they all laid back down.
"Why did we have to be left with her?" Jesse had a smug look as her arms were sprawled across the floor, she had bags under her eyes.
"I'm nmot a morning person-." Erlen shoved her face onto the ground, her voice becoming muffled.
Gabby lazily stirred as she opened her eyes slowly.
"Most of us are.. grouchy in the morning.." Lavender points out, she wasn't able to finish her sentence. The girl closed her eyes and passed out on the spot.
Elisa rose from her sleep, she had a dirty look.
"I really hate people like her." Her aura was dark and menacing, she turned her to the side.
Louise stretched her arms and yawned.
"Things like this piss me off." Elisa groaned, looking at the ceiling. "Kill me now."
"Where are my stupid contacts?" The girl shuffled on the bed, crawling towards the stand.
The girl noticed Sunflower's engagement ring on the stand, softly, sitting there beside the lamp.
Elisa had a troubled look, she couldn't see very well because of what happened back then.
"She still has this?" Elisa muttered and stared at the ring.
"Yeah, so what? It's not our business to bother her about every little thing we notice." Aqua stood on her knees, making an effort to fix her sloppy ponytail.
Jesse frowned and looked at the ceiling in a saddened manner, why did Sunflower act like that yesterday?
Kate put foot on Jesse's stomach, she looked down at Jesse with a gleamy smile.
"I caught the monster." Kate looked at the wall proudly.
Jesse grabbed Kate's foot, shaking it.
"Woah-." Kate's legs wobbled as Jesse tried to get it off of her stomach.
The door was slammed open, Dia had a rope in her hands. She had murderous eyes, staring down at everyone with a dark look on her face, she slammed the rope on her hand. The rope made an awfully loud whipping noise.
"Why aren't you all ready yet? You're all lazy and sloppy." Dia glared at them.
"Pity us, we don't like waking up so early." Erlen lifted her head and looked at Dia.
"If Sunflower were here she'd let us sleep as long as we wanted." Kate sulked and gave Dia a grouchy look.
"Pitiful, Sunflower isn't here right now is she? If you don't all form a line outside right now, you don't wanna know what's gonna happen." Dia started to tie a noose with the rope she had in her hands.
"Oh shit-." Aqua quickly scrambled out of the room.
"I don't wanna get in trouble-." Louise had a sincere look on her face as she walked out of the room.
"I wanna get this over with." Gabby got up, rubbing her eyes as she walked towards the door.
Jesse crawled out of the room, the girl was too lazy to get up.
Once Dia was done tying her noose, she looked up and flashed a creepy grin on her face.
"Run!" Kate, Elisa and Erlen all ran out of the room, they didn't wanna risk anything.
Dia was left in the room with Lavender, she walked towards the girl.
Lavender was passed out, her arms were hanging off the bed.
The girl was sleeping peacefully, Dia lifted the rope up in the air before glaring down at her.
"Cover your ears." Erlen says, the seven girls covered their ears.

A loud slap was heard from the room, "AAAAH!" .
Lavender rubbed on her hip with watery eyes, they were all standing in a line outside. Dia had brought them behind the mansion.
"Why'd you do that?" Lavender wiped her tears.
"To teach you a lesson, why else would I?" Dia had her arms crossed, her normal cold look was on her face.
"To be honest, at the same time I liked it." Lavender looked to the side with a smug look, blush on her face. The eight girls gave Lavender a disturbed look, Dia especially.
"Kya~ Don't judge me." Lavender waved her hand in the air, putting her other hand on her cheek.
"What exactly are we doing?" Kate questioned, clearly confused.
"Isn't it obvious?" Dia stood straight, she punched the air with an excited look on her face. "We're going to train." Dia says, her eyes sparkling.
"Train?" Gabby tilted her head, putting a finger on her chin.
"Do not fret, you can sit out if you'd like." Dia looked at Gabby with an unreadable look on her face.
"Oh, thank you." Gabby puts her hands behind her back and smiled.
"Why do we need to train anyway?" Aqua asked Dia, quite curious.
"You'll never be able to defend the people around you if you don't know how to, that's the whole lesson for today." Dia walked around, looking at them with a stern look.
"You will never really know how it feels to protect someone unless you're in that type of situation, right now I can easily take one of you down if I wanted to. You have to have the reflexes for these types of things, like basic knowledge jammed into your little brain." Dia explained before standing straight.
"If you can't defend yourself, you cannot defend anyone around you, the influence of being a coward makes you look like a fool. You can't do anything for yourself without this basic knowledge, no matter how small the problem may be, you have to be ready." Dia turned around, flashing them a look. "Regardless of who they are, nobody deserves to be frowned upon. Dedicate yourself to the happiness of others, put your dreams and wishes aside, now is the time to focus on becoming more strong." Dia looked at them before letting a smile appear on her face, she had a determined look on her face.
.
Kate panted, leaning on the tree with a worn out look. "I-- I can.t.. Go any further.."
Kate held onto her stomach, her stomach was hurting from all of the running they did.
"Me neither.." Lavender fell, her face smashing into the ground.
"My legs ache, do you really do this all day?" Jesse rubbed on her calves, looking at Dia with a tired look.
"I dedicate myself to my workouts, I am simply a weapon built to defend the people around me. I'm nothing more than someone who wants others to feel safe." Dia explained.
Actually getting to know Dia, made me realize not everyone is a bad person. But, does she actually sexually identify as a weapon?
Jesse had a smug look as she watched Dia.
"It's what I was born for anyway, my parents didn't want me to grow up to be a weak person, someone foolish. So they put me up for adoption, and that's where I was adopted into a family of people who defend and protect for a living." Dia looked into the distance.
"I've learned how to deal with myself, despite not being their born child it made me satisfied just to be with them." Dia says looking at Jesse.
"Welcome to the 'Parent Problem' friendship circle." Kate says as she crouches down to tie her shoes.
"Ha-ha. Very funny, Kate."
"You're all nothing but mere pests to me, don't think I'll accept your offer so easily." Dia glared down at Kate.
"If you're so dedicated to your training, you do stop so easily just to wait for 'pests' pretty odd if you tell me." Kate gave Dia a smug look.
Dia quickly looked away, letting the wind flow in her hair. "You wouldn't get it."
"I'm pretty much certain you were all included in Lottie's horrible schemes." Dia cleared her throat.
They all looked up at Dia. "That girl is a real scandalous pain, If you see her again make sure to keep your distance. She's done some pretty messed up things." Dia states, looking at them. "What do you have to do with her?" Aqua questioned Dia.
"I was simply used by her, she wanted to get away with everything she wanted. Since I am the adopted daughter of the head of the guard, she scouted me. I was a part of George Haventer's death." Dia says, looking down at them with a darkened look of guilt.
The eight girls were silent as they stared at Dia. "I was originally supposed to bring Sunflower back to Rocky Lagoon, ordered by Lottie. I went there a few days after Sunflower arrived, I also attended the same school as her. That wasn't enough, so during Sports Day when I saw what you did to her, I just thought how pathetic you all were. Seeing her on that ground, reminded me of when her Father had died. She had the same look in her eyes, the same pained look she had when she watched him die. I simply changed my mind when I saw her, that's when I went to scold you all. I thought she didn't deserve such pathetic and untrustworthy friends. But, looking back at what I all said. I was wrong, you managed to last this long to the point where Sunflower wants to be with you all. Don't mess that up, it's rare for a single person to rely on so many people all at once." Dia looked at them with a sincere look.
"Though, I still have regrets. I regret ever helping Lottie, I never knew she had intentions to get Sunflower's Father killed. I only ever learned about it recently." Dia says while looking at the ground.
"I guess you vowed to protect her because of what she's experienced huh?" Erlen crossed her arms with a small smile on her face.